Strange Happenings With Paypal Withdrawals!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Strange Happenings With Paypal Withdrawals!?

My withdrawals have always been 24 hours from the time I put in the withdrawal request until it has shown as completed. This has always been the standard for me, and I am sure many of you.

I have been getting UP TO 72 hours for SOME withdrawals on off-of-ebay transactions on new accounts. That I am sure some of you have encountered.

Now something new is happening to me. One one of my accounts, I am getting "instant" withdrawals...almost. I had an ebay sale upwards of $500. Buyer paid, I withdrew all of the money. I usually expect it to hit my bank account TWO days later, if I request the withdrawal before 8pm (banking hours). Goes something like:
request withdrawal >> 24 hours shows completed >> next day hits bank acct.

Now for the last few withdrawals, including the one for $500+, I have requested the withdrawal, then the next morning the funds are in my bank account. I haven't frequently checked the Paypal account to see if I could pinpoint how many hours its taken to show up as completed, but definitely not long. I requested the $500 withdrawal around 1pm, and it needs to show as completed before 8pm, therefore it took less than 7 hours from pending to completed.

Same with the other withdrawals I have made. I haven't checked back every hour or anything to see how long exactly its taking, but the withdrawals are showing up next-day in the bank account. I know in the UK there is a 2 hour withdrawal or something to that effect, but it has always been 24 hour pending state for me until it shows as completed. None of my other accounts have this reduced time frame for withdrawals...just the one account.

It's a US account, ebay is established already, all positive feedback, no cases opened, 5.0 DSRs, yadda yadda. Anyone else have this reduced withdrawal time, or is everyone still 24 hours to go from "pending" to "completed"?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Strange Happenings With Paypal Withdrawals!?

Back in October PayPal emailed a test group of accounts saying that they are going to use these accounts to test out there new quick withdraw program

After that I haven't heard anything else about this , whether they just folded the program or if it is going to be the new withdraw method

But I do get withdrawals that go through like you are saying that show in Bank the next day, but nothing that has Been consistent, I get scattered withdrawals like this

They are really great, I wish it would become the new standard for US Paypal
Old 03-16-2015

Also I just started making withdrawals on one account , and I made a withdrawal Last night at 6PM and it was deposited Today already

I made another withdrawal today I want to see if it comes in Tomorrow

This would really help
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I was having LONG deposits. Sometimes 5 full business days a couple weeks ago. Last week was one day.
Old 03-16-2015

Oh wow I just checked, a withdraw I made last night at 7pm was deposited today

And I just withdrew another $300 an Hour ago and just checked and it's already in Completed Status so it will be in the bank tomorrow

This is great I hope they make this the standard
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

It certainly would help. I am the odd person who leaves money in paypal until I need it, but five days is too long. It would be nice to have access within a day. I miss using the old paypal debit cards. I only have one account with it now and I don't use the account much.
Old 03-16-2015

Next day is perfect, because with paypal holds you already have to wait a week and than when funds are available you need to wait another 3 days, and if they become available say 12Am Thursday you need to wait till Monday to see your funds

It really clamps down cash flow, if they keep it like this at least funds Availble Thursday will be in your bank Friday if withdrawn

I just withdrew another $100 from the same account , I want to see if it goes to completed status quickly again and I want to see how long

But the withdraw I made at 6:30Am was completed just an hour and a half from when I checked
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Im glad you are able to keep an eye on the time frames, DMShark. Hopefully one of my buyers makes his payment today so I can check up on the withdrawal times as well and see what happens. Hopefully it will be next day as well.
Old 03-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Im glad you are able to keep an eye on the time frames, DMShark. Hopefully one of my buyers makes his payment today so I can check up on the withdrawal times as well and see what happens. Hopefully it will be next day as well.
So far I made 3 withdraws on one paypal account and they all went from pending to complete within an hour

And on this same account i withdrew at 7:45pm last night and it was in my bank today

I really haven't been checking this so it may have been like this for some time , I would t of noticed unless u mentioned it

I just made a withdraw from another paypal I want to see if that goes complete within an hour also
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
So far I made 3 withdraws on one paypal account and they all went from pending to complete within an hour

And on this same account i withdrew at 7:45pm last night and it was in my bank today

I really haven't been checking this so it may have been like this for some time , I would t of noticed unless u mentioned it

I just made a withdraw from another paypal I want to see if that goes complete within an hour also
Im not sure about your bank, but with the ones I use, anything after 8pm is processed next business day. Even if I make a withdrawal at an ATM say at 8:01pm, it will count as next business day withdrawal. Assuming your bank operates the same way and you withdrew at 7:45, that means the withdrawal completed within 15 minutes.

This "instant withdrawal", for lack of a better term, is only happening on one of my accounts. So im not sure if its some glitch like ebay had not too long ago with no-holds payments...or if the account is now processing withdrawals quickly full time. I guess all we can do iskeep an eye on it.
Old 03-16-2015

It's not a glitch, like I mentioned select individuals were selected to test this out with there accounts I think it was this past October. They were given emails saying that they were the first to operate US accounts with fast withdrawal time

As I remember it than was supposed to become standard operation for al .com PayPals assuming there test group ran smooth

But after that there has been no mention of it, so maybe it has gone into practice now since the new year, I'm going to log back in a second account I made a withdraw an hour ago and see if it's completed
Old 03-16-2015

The second account is still Pending it's been an hour and 42 minutes, I'll check back around 10pm to see if it has changed to completed
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Must be only a few more select individuals getting these quicker withdrawals then. Since only one of my accounts has it, and one of yours as well (so far)
Old 03-16-2015

Could be.. Also last night I made the withdrawal at 7:45 pm but it's Pacific time, I'm in eastern so it was 10:45 pm

All PayPals are preset to pacific time and I rarely ever adjust the time zone

What I realized is if it shows completed before Midnight and this is my time it is always in my bank the next day
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Interesting. Keep an eye on it. I will do the same if this buyer ever pays. Bids and wins auction at the absolute last second...doesn't pay. Just waiting for that 48hrs to pass and it's unpaid item time.
Old 03-16-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Interesting. Keep an eye on it. I will do the same if this buyer ever pays. Bids and wins auction at the absolute last second...doesn't pay. Just waiting for that 48hrs to pass and it's unpaid item time.
that's the worst
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
that's the worst
Tell me about it. One time I didn't hear from a buyer for a day and a half. He sends a message saying he is waiting for some money to clear so give him 2 days. I waited 3 days giving him the benefit of the doubt. Never heard a word, so I filed unpaid item...of course, I have to wait 4 freakin days before I can close it and get fees credited back. He pays 3 days later. /endrant
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The second account is still Pending it's been an hour and 42 minutes, I'll check back around 10pm to see if it has changed to completed
Just requested a withdrawal a bit ago...still shows as pending. I'll be checking up on it every 30min or hour tonight to see if I can pinpoint a time frame that it's taking.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:

Are you not worried a outing causing issues with your paypal account withdrawing so many times in one day on the same account??
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quick update...withdrawal that I requested shows as completed now. Less than one hour from pending state to completed. I've requested another withdrawal and will check on it every 15 minutes to further pinpoint how long they are taking. Right now, I would say it is somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes, but not 100% sure.
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Are you not worried a outing causing issues with your paypal account withdrawing so many times in one day on the same account??
I've withdrawn 7 times in one day before. Would I do that consistently? Probably not...but I didn't have any issues at that time.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I've withdrawn 7 times in one day before. Would I do that consistently? Probably not...but I didn't have any issues at that time.
Lol watch out for those bots.. They will be coming for you if you treat your account this way