IP location/ address info matching - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-30-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%
Question IP location/ address info matching

Up until now, I have always thought that the only way you could do a stealth account is if your IP location matched your address info (and that may be the case.) That is how I have done my accounts in the past and have had no problems. I have accounts with addresses all over the country. Occasionally someone will ask why my package is coming from a different state than where I'm from but I just tell them that I recently moved and forgot to update my shipping info.

But I've also heard people say that you should have all of your accounts coming out of your shipping area. So if I live in Chicago then all my accounts are based out of Chicago. The problem I see with this is that my IP's wouldn't match up but also if eBay somehow sees that there are a large amount of accounts all selling same or similar products coming out of the same area... well, that could raise a red flag.

What are your thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: IP location/ address info matching

IP address and address do not need to match.

Shipping address and address not matching has never been an issue for me in the past.

Some people post stuff in here without having a clue what they are talking about. They speak out of speculation without experience, or they speak with very little experience and believe that is the common bar for all.

I have created over 500 accounts and I have had EB question me one time about the IP address. I have never had them call me over my ship from address. Some times you need to test stuff instead of necessarily believing someone who just wants to post for the sake of posting, or trying to bump up their post count.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
barkley70 (04-08-2015), GreenBean (04-06-2015), pokerpro (04-05-2015)
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

bjammin is correct you can use your usa ip address to make an ebay account in any state you want, only country needs to match

ip geo tracking is not 100% accurate nor even close at times, so ebay knows it cant rely on that or expect the info to be always correct
Old 03-30-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

As long as you have a solid US IP, then you are fine. Worry more about repeating IPs and keeping a good record.

Last edited by Speeder33; 03-30-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 64%

And if you want to completely avoid the confusion that sometimes happens when buyers see a package coming from a different location, then you can edit the item location section when listing. You don't have to put a specific zip code or even a specific state. You can put something generic like "US", "United States", "USA", etc.
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

I can also verify that the geo location of the IP does not matter with accounts. I use hotspots and in one minute I may be in New York, and another minute I will be in California. Never had an issue to date (with about 100 accounts personally).
Old 04-04-2015

Longevity: 56%

I use a combination of Static IP addresses around the country and dynamic IP from my ISP.

In both instances I have accounts that don't match by a long shot-CA IP with WI address for instance and I've never had an accont go down for that reason.

I do try to keep my Static IP locations and EB/PP addresses within the same state and my local ISP addresses within a 60 mile radius.
Old 04-05-2015

Longevity: 59%

I'm not advocating anything here....I'm just reporting facts......I moved to Mexico 1 month ago and have been using 3 stealth accounts and 5 legit accounts with Mexico IP's.

I had eBay twice ask me to verify my account, because they said they did not recognize my device....although it was same computer and user. All they did was send me a tect message, and I had to enter the code.

Anyway, that's what has happened my first month here......

IP in the US, does not need to match area IMO...I've had accounts based all over the US using a Nevada IP, never had a single issue of any kind.
Old 04-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I'm not advocating anything here....I'm just reporting facts......I moved to Mexico 1 month ago and have been using 3 stealth accounts and 5 legit accounts with Mexico IP's.

I had eBay twice ask me to verify my account, because they said they did not recognize my device....although it was same computer and user. All they did was send me a tect message, and I had to enter the code.

Anyway, that's what has happened my first month here......

IP in the US, does not need to match area IMO...I've had accounts based all over the US using a Nevada IP, never had a single issue of any kind.
That is the same for most sites. When an account gets used to a certain IP or style of IPs, that is what the site expects you to use. Even though I use a different IP 99% of the time, I am still using Verizon as my ISP which makes sense as I have a dynamic [changing] IP. This is a good thing for us though.. as if someone tries to access the accounts from an unknown account, hopefully they will fail the text email, etc.
Old 04-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post

Some people post stuff in here without having a clue what they are talking about. They speak out of speculation without experience, or they speak with very little experience and believe that is the common bar for all.

Getting more common these days. Users over-post with incorrect info & appear in the know.

Hard to deal with when their info fails.

Old 04-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
iceplusplus, eBay and Paypal do not share the same information. So you can pay a balance without eBay knowing who you are. They only track you via your Ip and email address when it comes to Paypal. Thus you must pay using the new email address that you set up with your eBay account and added to your paypal account.

Cheers!
I operate stealth accounts with foreign IP addresses, what's most important is that they can see the cookies
Old 04-06-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
I operate stealth accounts with foreign IP addresses, what's most important is that they can see the cookies
You can use foreign IP without getting restricted?
Old 04-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Make sure IPs don't overlap across accounts
Old 04-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Never use the same IP for different accounts. Keep a note and you should be fine.

as long as you have a US IP Address you should be fine. Meaning 1 US IP address can be used for any state within the US.
Old 04-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
You can use foreign IP without getting restricted?
I'm not advocating it,but worth experimenting. For example I live in Eastern Europe and I use IPs from my country for Paypals in surrounding countries.

I notice with USA PP accounts there is now a section where you can tell them you are going on holiday, you just enter the country you are going to. Good for some who are nervous about stealthing when overseas
Old 04-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I'm not advocating it,but worth experimenting. For example I live in Eastern Europe and I use IPs from my country for Paypals in surrounding countries.

I notice with USA PP accounts there is now a section where you can tell them you are going on holiday, you just enter the country you are going to. Good for some who are nervous about stealthing when overseas
Hmm, never seen that. Mind posting where you found that page? Thanks
Old 04-10-2015

Just click on settings you know the little sprocket symbol