So about FBA and how it works.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default So about FBA and how it works....

I have seen YouTube tutorials of people piling items into boxes ready for shipping off to Amazon warehouses for FBA, so will they have had to make lists of things that can be sold on that platform before buying the items, 'cos that's the thing with Amazon, what can and cannot be listed.

Sure new listings can be created but not very easily, if new barcodes have to be bought etc., it seems to me to be a difficult thing to get into. It isn't like ebay were we could just go out and buy a load of items and then once home immediately go to list them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: So about FBA and how it works....

FBA is a great tool and very easy to use to jumpstart your selling

it offers some great benefits as far as fulfillment and getting "gates" opened quickly for higher volume

what kind of questions do you have about it
The Following User Says Thank You to salv66 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (03-30-2015)
Old 03-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salv66 View Post
FBA is a great tool and very easy to use to jumpstart your selling

it offers some great benefits as far as fulfillment and getting "gates" opened quickly for higher volume

what kind of questions do you have about it
In those YouTube videos boxes were being filled with a mix of items. On Amazon so much is about exactly what can and cannot be listed, what is the best way to know what those items that can be listed are?
Old 03-29-2015

Most of the time when manually creating a listing it will tell you if its in the amazon catalog already. If it's not you will need to manually create a listing. This very easily can be done.

Certain categories need to be unlocked before you can sell under it. Ie shoes jewelry clothing auto parts to name a few.

What are you trying to list??
The Following User Says Thank You to salv66 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (03-30-2015)
Old 03-30-2015

Longevity: 53%

WOW, you have posted nearly 1400 times just close to 700 thanks and your looking at youtube how to run your business....beggars belief. Why not read amazon instead, all the answers are there. Basically if you can create a listing for seller fulfilled you can use FBA.
Old 03-30-2015

Send a message via Skype™ to skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
WOW, you have posted nearly 1400 times just close to 700 thanks and your looking at youtube how to run your business....beggars belief. Why not read amazon instead, all the answers are there. Basically if you can create a listing for seller fulfilled you can use FBA.
Some people are better visual learners...
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
Some people are better visual learners...
Then look at amazon, they have tutorials and the information is correct.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Hey taking the mick, one the most frequently asked questions recently has been about Amazon and using FBA, who seriously is just going to go off Amazons take or instruction on it!, getting outside views is ALWAYS the wisest approach especially for anything that is to do with online selling. It would be naive to not take the views of others who have much more experience on that platform into account. Whether it is online selling or anything else the more advice that can be found about the best approach to take the better.
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Then look at amazon, they have tutorials and the information is correct.
You said "READ" amazon.
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
You said "READ" amazon.
They also have video tutorial's
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hey taking the mick, one the most frequently asked questions recently has been about Amazon and using FBA, who seriously is just going to go off Amazons take or instruction on it!, getting outside views is ALWAYS the wisest approach especially for anything that is to do with online selling. It would be naive to not take the views of others who have much more experience on that platform into account. Whether it is online selling or anything else the more advice that can be found about the best approach to take the better.
You were asking what and what you cannot sell, unless you list your items here nobody has that answer, only amazon. Basically Rosie, if you don't follow amazon's instructions on FBA and follow a youtube video then thats your choice but pretty crazy.
On the other hand if you are asking forum members the benefit of FBA over merchant fulfilment than that is another subject and worth a post.
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
They also have video tutorial's
It really shouldn't matter what method she chooses to learn her info. W/e works best for her should be okay. It's like someone ridiculing you for learning from a forum instead of reading a book.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It really shouldn't matter what method she chooses to learn her info. W/e works best for her should be okay. It's like someone ridiculing you for learning from a forum instead of reading a book.
Thank you skyline for seeing things from my, and many others, point of view, something that taking the mick apparently is not that good at doing.
Old 03-30-2015

Longevity: 61%

I asked about FBA the other day too, not because I'm an illiterate fool, but because Amazon make everything sound so great and easy, the reality is very different and straight away someone pointed something obvious out to me about minimum spend to get free postage. No amount of reading Amazon info would have told me that.

If you don't like a post, don't read it.. jeez.. it's a forum, people ask advice and like to chat, deal with it. People are so pissy on here sometimes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-31-2015)
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
I asked about FBA the other day too, not because I'm an illiterate fool, but because Amazon make everything sound so great and easy, the reality is very different and straight away someone pointed something obvious out to me about minimum spend to get free postage. No amount of reading Amazon info would have told me that.

If you don't like a post, don't read it.. jeez.. it's a forum, people ask advice and like to chat, deal with it. People are so pissy on here sometimes.
There is a cost calculator within amazon.co.uk which works your costs. Its also the customer who pays the postage not you. Postage is no different with FBA and Merchant fulfilled only that you don't get to keep any profit on postage. Also just look at the original post, who can give advice on what was asked.
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
There is a cost calculator within amazon.co.uk which works your costs. Its also the customer who pays the postage not you. Postage is no different with FBA and Merchant fulfilled only that you don't get to keep any profit on postage. Also just look at the original post, who can give advice on what was asked.
I'm not sure what your problem is? This is a forum for help, not what you think is a suitable question and what is not.

As for the original post, of course it can be answered.

Rosie, most people using fba set up their own listings. This can seem daunting at first but once you get the hang of doing it you will find it Even easier than ebay.

Speaking of ebay That's where I get my barcodes. You can buy a few thousand for around £10-20

EBAY LINK BELOW

1000 UPC and EAN Barcodes Bar code Numbers for Listing on Amazon-NEVER USED | eBay

Most people don't check anything when selling via fba as they know they can sell the product via fba 99% of the time. They set up their own listings and then enter the sizes/ dimensions for amazon.

There are some restrictions when selling stuff with chemicals/liquids but other than that it's pretty simple to, do when you get the hang of it

Last edited by barrycruan; 03-31-2015 at 12:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (03-31-2015), RosieTosie (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
The reason it was said to me is that I was asking about small value items, paying postage would probably mean they wouldn't sell well and it would be a complete waste of my time, and Amazon's.

I'm also not sure what your problem is, maybe you shouldn't reply on posts you don't like rather than trying to cause an argument. If this forum wants to attract more users then people with your attitude are not helping.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The reason it was said to me is that I was asking about small value items, paying postage would probably mean they wouldn't sell well and it would be a complete waste of my time, and Amazon's.

I'm also not sure what your problem is, maybe you shouldn't reply on posts you don't like rather than trying to cause an argument. If this forum wants to attract more users then people with your attitude are not helping.
Well said Geegee, actually you would be surprised how many people use this forum who feel that they have moved on from the initial stages of stealth, or in this case Amazon Ghost techniques, and because of that everyone else should be at the same stage they are now at.

When I started on this forum I had to remind a few people, who had been around here long enough to have known better, that it takes time to build up experience on the platforms. In my early days on here I concentrated mostly on ebay, and just drifted casually along really with Amazon. I still haven't got into FBA, as I keep getting distracted back to ebay. Obviously there are good things about using both sites.
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
I'm not sure what your problem is? This is a forum for help, not what you think is a suitable question and what is not.

As for the original post, of course it can be answered.

Rosie, most people using fba set up their own listings. This can seem daunting at first but once you get the hang of doing it you will find it Even easier than ebay.

Speaking of ebay That's where I get my barcodes. You can buy a few thousand for around £10-20

EBAY LINK BELOW

1000 UPC and EAN Barcodes Bar code Numbers for Listing on Amazon-NEVER USED | eBay

Most people don't check anything when selling via fba as they know they can sell the product via fba 99% of the time. They set up their own listings and then enter the sizes/ dimensions for amazon.

There are some restrictions when selling stuff with chemicals/liquids but other than that it's pretty simple to, do when you get the hang of it
Thanks Barry, I have only just got to the stage on my Amazon of needing to create my own listings and the issues that site has with acceptable photo's to illustrate those items. Buying and using barcodes is something I haven't got anywhere near yet, but I may well do in the future.
Old 03-31-2015

Barry I have no problem, she asked what she can sell and cannot sell. If a product she or he is already selling then that can sold FBA, common sense. But hey, let people watch and learn from youtube rather that tutorials by the marketplace. Each to there own...
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015

Quote:

All items sold on amazon pay postage, unless they are Prime and then you get a postage credit via amazon. I have no problem and I am sorry to upset you. Most people appear on this forum the need to be spoon fed rather than finding the information themselves then asking for advice on the forum. But if people wish to take advice from faceless people and risk there business then thats fine. I thought the main direction of this forum is 'stealth' and not set peoples business up, but hey maybe I am wrong.
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Well taking the Mick I guess any newbies who may be reading this thread and noting your input on it recently may well take the view that you may not be the most helpful forum member on here, maybe that's one of the reasons I get people every so often messaging me for tips on their best next course of action. This forum is all about understanding the needs of others as much as picking up some new tips ourselves that may help us on our own journeys along the ebay/paypal/Amazon routes. Life is to short to be concerned about whether or not we know enough and steps we need to take to know a bit more, the main thing should always be that we can help others along the way surely, not about how much knowledge we have or have not for the amount of posts and thanks we have made on this forum, which do not incidently 'beggar belief' just to link back to your intro comment on this thread.