Using Flickr from old account to new account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Using Flickr from old account to new account

Hi,

I had an account closed a few months ago and I was using Flickr with great success for adding larger pictures to my listings. I have since opened a new account 2 weeks ago and I have used the same pictures from Flickr which I used for my suspended account. Will this be a problem with my new account?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by otilia2 View Post
Hi,

I had an account closed a few months ago and I was using Flickr with great success for adding larger pictures to my listings. I have since opened a new account 2 weeks ago and I have used the same pictures from Flickr which I used for my suspended account. Will this be a problem with my new account?

Thanks
I have a similar question I suppose. I was even using flickr too.

From what I've read, and the stealth guide, you're not supposed to if you want to be 100% sure of no linking. The bots will find the exact same html in your listing as the closed account and link you that way perhaps?

Having said that, I had my first account closed in February, I was logging in and out of it and another account from the same IP and even shared the same paypal address.

They only just got me now 9 months later when you'd think that was a pretty easy one to spot compared to the lengths people on this forum go to to become a 'different person'.

All in all I'd say if you don't care about being shut down again after some time and you think it's less effort than redoing it all again (including new pictures), then just go for it and find out that way.

I'm sure someone else will have points on this too
Old 11-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by otilia2 View Post
Hi,

Thanks
You have discovered 1 way to link your new account to your old account.
Due to your discovery you will soon be give the lovely status of NARU on eBay.

How do you avoid this?
You don't, you have already given eBay the information that they need to link you.
That new account will be toast soon.

You should NEVER USE ANY OF THE SAME INFORMATION FROM A SUSPENDED ACCOUNT ON A NEW ONE.
This is step 1...

You really need to do a LOT more reading on this forum before you try to open any "new" eBay accounts.
If you do not do the research then you are wasting your time with eBay.
Old 11-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Do you think it's to late to remove anything I used from Flickr on my new account? I have sold about 16 items and I have 24 items for sale at present time.
Old 11-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

You have ALREADY given the information to eBay.
There is NO going back.
Use the accounts as long as you can but do not be surprised when they do get NARUed.
Old 11-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

^^ What he said. EVERYTHING needs to be different. Even the background of pictures
Old 11-17-2008

I mean...this is just common sense.

You have to make yourself look like a totally new user. When you create, do it like you just sat down to ebay for the first time and go from there.
Old 11-17-2008

My question is on the Stealth Book I have recently been suspended indefinately from e-bay. real pain. I need to open a new account. I have never done this and was wondering if the Stealth Book is updated to today. e-bays is always changing. I have anouther bank account i havent used and it would be easy to open another pay pal account, I think but I don't know where to go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

whats the photo hosting site that apparently strips the html links from photos?
Old 11-28-2008

sorry for repeating myself., just discovered this link that might be helpful. Epuwalcontrol.dll application error, security and autostart information
Old 11-28-2008
Threadstarter  

So.. maybe it's better to open ebay using firefox or going through google? I had read something about a year ago about ebay placing spyware on computers via their tool bar.