Etsy account got deactivated after 15 minutes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Etsy account got deactivated after 15 minutes

Hello All. I started the thread before that my shop got a few listing deactivated due to copyright. I remove all of the copyright items now but I still think about going stealth just in case. I used to sell 2 types of item, t-shirts and phone cases. I removed the phone cases from my main shop around last week, thinking to make a new stealth account for it. After I opened the shop and listed 2 items, my account suddenly got deactivated. I felt really shocked because I studied for it quite a lot. I read the ebay Stealth Book and a lot of threads here. 20 minutes pass and I didn't receive any explanation email. I can't seem to figure out why.

Here is what I did
- I used only 1 computer but had separate user account for main shop and stealth shop.
- I created an account 3 days ago, opened the shop yesterday and listed the item today.
- I changed the ip address between my main shop and stealth shop every time. The first 6 digits of ip are always the same. Can it be the problem?
- I used the same paypal account but added another email since I think that Paypal and Etsy aren't linked.
- The credit card that I used are from the same bank and the first 8 digits are same with credit card that I used in my main shop. I can't get a prepaid card here. I used my bf name with his middle name for stealth account. The card is in my real name but I don't think that Etsy can know my credit card information?
- All of my images don't have Exif information.
- I changed the image background and only list the new print which I never listed in my main shop before.
- I changed the price, description and shipping cost.
- The location of my shop is in the same city but it's a pretty big city and has a few shop from here.
- Yesterday I accidentally checked 1 email address from my main shop sent from Etsy without switching the ip address. I realised after 10 seconds and restarted a router directly to change the ip. I didn't block the email tracking in that time yet (I do it now).

- Since I used my bf name (with middle name instead of last name), do you think it's a good idea to write them and ask about re-open the shop since it has different owner?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2015

Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Etsy account got deactivated after 15 minutes

I think If you have used your own credit card, when etsy does the test charge they will see your name and not the name registered under?
It's always best to use a stealth details and not involve family/friends.
It could also be the items you are listing; keywords could be flagging your account.
Old 03-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

You will not survive selling the type of items you sell.
Old 03-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteberry View Post
I think If you have used your own credit card, when etsy does the test charge they will see your name and not the name registered under?
It's always best to use a stealth details and not involve family/friends.
It could also be the items you are listing; keywords could be flagging your account.
The credit card is registered under my name and I use my bf name to open a shop. I don't think that Etsy can see the details of it until I submit the payment? I did a test payment once on my website buying with my credit card but typed in some random name. In the order information, I didn't see the registered name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
You will not survive selling the type of items you sell.
There are quite a few shops which sell similar items to me and has survived for more than 3 years. 2 shops are even own by the same person. I know because the picture, title and description they use are same or similar.
Old 03-24-2015
Threadstarter  

unkown5454: You mentioned in my last thread that you run multiple stores. Can you please give me some tips on how you manage it?
Old 03-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Selling shirts and phone cases with tra.demarked/cop.yrighted logos is dangerous on all platforms. Et.sy will be taking you down if you keep posting the same products.

And, I know this is not something any seller wants to hear, but there are stores, just like on EB and AZ, selling ill.egal or banned items and getting away with it for a very long time. Unless someone from Et.sy tells you why, you will never know. I've had some competitors who have never been touched as well, yet Et.sy wants to harass me about my items that are identical to others being sold.

All I can tell you is to make your items look as "Handmade" as you possibly can. Make yourself look innocent and not commercial. They will rip you apart if they think you are just a reseller of high volume, outsourced manufactured products.
Old 03-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Selling shirts and phone cases with tra.demarked/cop.yrighted logos is dangerous on all platforms. Et.sy will be taking you down if you keep posting the same products.

And, I know this is not something any seller wants to hear, but there are stores, just like on EB and AZ, selling ill.egal or banned items and getting away with it for a very long time. Unless someone from Et.sy tells you why, you will never know. I've had some competitors who have never been touched as well, yet Et.sy wants to harass me about my items that are identical to others being sold.

All I can tell you is to make your items look as "Handmade" as you possibly can. Make yourself look innocent and not commercial. They will rip you apart if they think you are just a reseller of high volume, outsourced manufactured products.
Thanks for replying! I am not selling any copyright items anymore. I removed all of them from my shop after I got the warning. The items that I listed in my stealth shop aren't copyright too. Anyway when they deactivated it after 15 minutes, I really don't think copyright is the reason. My friend is the manufacturer, so there is no worry about getting picture to prove. I started the stealth account just to span out the risk. If one of my shop is taken down, I will still have the other left. I just don't feel save having only 1 shop even if I remove all of copyright items. You don't know what they will come up with. There are a few items I'm looking to sell more in the future. I just don't know what is the caused that they deactivate my account so fast. I don't think that Etsy can see the name mismatch between the name I entered and the registered name on credit card.
Old 03-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

I do not know what may or may not be different with registering in Thailand, but in USA, no information needs to match other than the zip code on the prepaid card being used.

If your accounts are going down instantly, you are linking yourself to old information in some way.

No information needs to match when using just PP for checkout. Put whatever email, name, address, etc. If you are still struggling, review the EB stea.lth guide thoroughly. If you can create stea.lth EB and AZ accounts, creating accounts for Et.sy is laughable.
Old 03-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best with stealth
Old 03-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Make sure to follow what you already got told in this thread....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-di...et-closed.html

Your items will be the reason for any more accounts getting lost.

You need to make sure no linking happens. A new shop in the same city selling the same items could see you get flagged.

Be a really really new you.
Old 03-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you everybody for the advice! I will try again next week and I will post the update if my shop survive.
Old 03-26-2015

Longevity: 53%

Does etsy use PP to link accounts?
If I got banned with my PP is it safe to use it with a different account or impossible?
Old 03-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaho View Post
Does etsy use PP to link accounts?
If I got banned with my PP is it safe to use it with a different account or impossible?
I don't think Etsy can link you using Paypal. My shop that got closed did use the same Paypal but add the 2nd email to accept payment. The main shop is still up in business.
Old 03-29-2015

Longevity: 55%

above Bubskin asks: "I changed the ip address between my main shop and stealth shop every time. The first 6 digits of ip are always the same. Can it be the problem?" I am wondering about that too, the rest of my IP changes every time I restart computer. Any thoughts folks?
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Update: I started the 2nd stealth shop and the same happened again. This time I was a lot more careful and didn't mess up with anything. I listed the products I have never sold before. New pictures style and new description. Clean image exif data with batch purifier. Everything new accept the same PP with another email address. I connected to the internet by phone tethering, so the ip address doesn't look familiar and the ip location is very far from my real location. I use my friend name with credit card make from a different bank, so there is no way to link.

I think there is only 2 reasons which can cause the problem.
1. They linked me with PP. I used the same PP with the main shop that is still running but added another email address. I still don't receive any notice on my main shop and I hope it will not make problem.
2. I shorten my friend surname on the credit card information you need to fill. Et.sy may see this? I did it just in case it's the PP which cause the problem, so her name will not be in black list on et.sy. But I really don't think they will see anything until I need to pay my bill at the start of next month.

I think I will need a new PP account with new name. I am really confused at the moment. Some user say it works with the same PP when you add another email address to accept payment. But I also read that for some user it doesn't work.

Quote:
prepaid cards and multiple emails from one PP account is fine. it's all i have ever done for over a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
Not to bring up an old thread.... But you must have a unique pp per stealth Ets.y - When the payment completes thru PP your merchant token is revealed to Ets.y - this token is unique to your ACCOUNT. Thus, using the same PP account will link your Ets.y accounts.

This is tried and true and for certain.
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Etsy can't see the name on the credit card unless you GIVE it to them
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Again, in the USA, all Et.sy checks is the zip code on the card.

Second, not only can you run multiple shops, but Et.sy themselves say it is allowed on their own website.

I am fine using the same PP. Et.sy is not handling the transactions unless you use direct checkout. The transactions are handled offsite by PP.
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Again, in the USA, all Et.sy checks is the zip code on the card.

Second, not only can you run multiple shops, but Et.sy themselves say it is allowed on their own website.

I am fine using the same PP. Et.sy is not handling the transactions unless you use direct checkout. The transactions are handled offsite by PP.
I know that Et.sy allows you to have more than 1 shop but you need to disclose it. It makes me really confused because I don't know what I did wrong. When my shop was deactivated very fast then I think it's the bot which got me but I am not even in a blacklist yet since my main shop is still running. I sent them 2 emails but so far they have not replied.
Old 04-02-2015

Could be the items you're listing... :/ I am also having issues with new accounts using same PayPal. Maybe try a new PayPal and see if that works then you'll know if that has been the problem.
Hope you get it sorted OP
Whiteberry x
Old 04-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteberry View Post
Could be the items you're listing... :/ I am also having issues with new accounts using same PayPal. Maybe try a new PayPal and see if that works then you'll know if that has been the problem.
Hope you get it sorted OP
Whiteberry x
It's definitely not the item. I will try again next week using new PP and credit card. Have you tried creating new shop with a new PP yet?
Old 04-05-2015

Yes, new shop with a new paypal worked for me
Good Luck
Old 04-07-2015

So the Paypal was the linkage?