Buyer opened up a case for item not received. Item lost in mail tho?. Still adefect? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Buyer opened up a case for item not received. Item lost in mail tho?. Still adefect?

This is strange. Items tracking never uploaded. was shipped priority about 7 days ago. Tracking never updated when it hit sorting center. Will I still get a defect for this even tho it was not in any way my fault?. Also It was a $140 item. I'm thinking it was stolen by the postal workers. Is it worth escalating to ebay?. Will ebay pay out of pocket sense it was not my fault?. And if I were to escalate would that count as a defect. This really sucks..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Buyer opened up a case for item not received. Item lost in mail tho?. Still adefe

Yes.
As soon as a case was opened - for whatever reason - you received a defect. No way around it unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
defon (04-09-2015)
Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Buyer opened up a case for item not received. Item lost in mail tho?. Still adefe

Read your post again.
If a case was NOT opened yet I suggest you communicate with your buyer and explain the situation to them.
Problem with that is you never uploaded the tracking info and if Im the buyer Im now questioning your honesty in this matter. If you had tracking all along why didn't you upload it? No ebay will not pay for this situation - theyre in the business of making money - not paying for other peoples mistakes/problems...
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Kristy (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

no,no,no. It uploaded tracking, everything was shipped. What happened was when the package hit the sorting facility it disappeared. I think I can dispute the defect. And If I ask the buyer to close the case I believe the defect wont count.
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

I read this. It seems ebay has set up a fraudulent system against sellers. They state "The request does count as a defect in the seller performance rating.". In regards to me the buyer requested a shipping status update. So That must count as a defect?. What total fraud. I know I can call them and appeal the defect. But how ridicules.

What I am trying to figure out is should I escalate it to ebay sense It already counted as a defect. Or should I ask the seller to close the request. Would that mean that it wouldn't count as a defect then?. This whole thing is loony.

For the eBay Money Back Guarantee, when a buyer initially asks to return an item because it didn't match the listing description, or the buyer reports they didn't receive the item, we call the transaction issue at that point a 'request'. The request does count as a defect in the seller performance rating. If the buyer and seller can't resolve the problem, and the buyer or seller asks us to step in and help with the transaction, the request then becomes a 'case.' For PayPal Purchase Protection, the transaction issue is a 'case.'
Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

I believe at this point it counts as a defect no matter what you do.
As for the package itself - if you have tracking info why not call the post office and have them track it down? I believe even basic shipping with tracking comes with some sort of insurance attached so you might want to look into that.
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok one section of ebay says

For the eBay Money Back Guarantee, when a buyer initially asks to return an item because it didn't match the listing description, or the buyer reports they didn't receive the item, we call the transaction issue at that point a 'request'. The request does count as a defect in the seller performance rating. If the buyer and seller can't resolve the problem, and the buyer or seller asks us to step in and help with the transaction, the request then becomes a 'case.' For PayPal Purchase Protection, the transaction issue is a 'case.'

The other section says

One states "The request does count as a defect in the seller performance rating"

Other states this. " The request does count as a defect in the seller performance rating."

They both contradict each other. is this a typo?. Who knows. Does anyone have any idea?. Thanks,

Last edited by Athletichunta; 04-08-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Slokor is correct. This was a defect as soon as the buyer opened the case. I tried to appeall a defect before on my real account and the CSR said there is nothing they once it is opened.

I have stuff that I take to the post office and scan in. It never fails that it gets lost or stolen somewhere within the postal service. Ebay will not do anything about that. The ebay logic is pretty simple: you are responsible until it gets to the address it was suppose to be shipped to. And vice versa: once it shows delivered to the address provided, you are no longer responsible for it.