HOW TO: Add Bank Account WITHOUT Access To ORIGINAL Phone Number - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default HOW TO: Add Bank Account WITHOUT Access To ORIGINAL Phone Number

I know there is a lot of chatter in recent times about adding new bank accounts to Paypal. You are always hit with the phone verification and they tell you to receive a text or call with a code. Now, that's OK if you have access to the ORIGINAL number you signed up with. If you don't have access to that number, it will not let you add a new bank account. You'll always get the message "this number isn't registered to you."

Here's what to do if you no longer have access to the ORIGINAL number you signed up with, but have access to a new number that you want to associate with the Paypal account. Click on the help link at the bottom of any Paypal page. Now on the right hand side, click contact Paypal BY PHONE. It will give you a code to enter when calling them.

The automated system will ask you questions about why you are calling. Simply say "add bank account". The nice lady will say she understands that you want to add a bank account and will ask if it's a checking or savings account. State whichever your account is. Next she will prompt you for the routing number and checking account number. After a few seconds, she will then tell you the account is now added and they've sent two deposits to verify your account. You can hang up at this time.

Now check your Paypal account, and you will see the new account added with the status "ready to confirm". Wait for the micro deposits to show up and confirm it as usual. Hope this helps, because I see this question A LOT on here.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
123 (03-30-2015), barkley70 (04-01-2015), bjammin (03-30-2015), ebaymobster (03-30-2015), jakobrockz (03-30-2015), outofluck (06-16-2015), parhoon (04-09-2015), Salvo (04-14-2015), secret storm (06-16-2015), slokor (03-30-2015), yankee (04-07-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2015

Longevity: 88%
Default Re: HOW TO: Add Bank Account WITHOUT Access To ORIGINAL Phone Number

Ok but I'm still trying to figure out if walmart money cards are able to be added. Thanks for this info though it's very helpful.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaymobster View Post
Ok but I'm still trying to figure out if walmart money cards are able to be added. Thanks for this info though it's very helpful.
Bluebird can be added...Walmart money card should work, as they are backed by Green Dot. Whether you will be successful withdrawing mismatched names is another story.
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Bluebird can be added...Walmart money card should work, as they are backed by Green Dot. Whether you will be successful withdrawing mismatched names is another story.
Not really mismatched, just a variation. I'm not gonna withdraw for awhile, as I still have my wells fargo bank accounts linked for withdrawals.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Variation shouldnt be an issue.
Old 03-30-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

I can see this being fixed by paypal very soon.....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (03-30-2015)
Old 03-30-2015

So I called and did the automated thing, which didn't work. I was then transferred to a customer service rep, which told me that it may not be working due to "system upgrades" they are doing, and that she would add it manually. I was then asked a few public database questions, which I passed with ease, and I received the email about confirming deposits within 2-3 days. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I know there is a lot of chatter in recent times about adding new bank accounts to Paypal. You are always hit with the phone verification and they tell you to receive a text or call with a code. Now, that's OK if you have access to the ORIGINAL number you signed up with. If you don't have access to that number, it will not let you add a new bank account. You'll always get the message "this number isn't registered to you."

Here's what to do if you no longer have access to the ORIGINAL number you signed up with, but have access to a new number that you want to associate with the Paypal account. Click on the help link at the bottom of any Paypal page. Now on the right hand side, click contact Paypal BY PHONE. It will give you a code to enter when calling them.

The automated system will ask you questions about why you are calling. Simply say "add bank account". The nice lady will say she understands that you want to add a bank account and will ask if it's a checking or savings account. State whichever your account is. Next she will prompt you for the routing number and checking account number. After a few seconds, she will then tell you the account is now added and they've sent two deposits to verify your account. You can hang up at this time.

Now check your Paypal account, and you will see the new account added with the status "ready to confirm". Wait for the micro deposits to show up and confirm it as usual. Hope this helps, because I see this question A LOT on here.
Great piece of information. Should maybe be stickied for now, or at least until PP kills this resolution.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So I called and did the automated thing, which didn't work. I was then transferred to a customer service rep, which told me that it may not be working due to "system upgrades" they are doing, and that she would add it manually. I was then asked a few public database questions, which I passed with ease, and I received the email about confirming deposits within 2-3 days. Fingers crossed!
Did you have a new phone number added AND confirmed on the account? If not, that could be your problem.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Great piece of information. Should maybe be stickied for now, or at least until PP kills this resolution.
If its not abused, there will be no reason to kill it. But who am I kidding...as with any "workaround", there will be those that abuse it.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
bjammin (03-30-2015)
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
Did you have a new phone number added AND confirmed on the account? If not, that could be your problem.
I first tried to add the bank account without the new phone but using an app. I then got the "not registered in your name" message, so I went and bought a tracfone and still got the same message. I then added the tracfone as a second phone on my account, then I received the text to confirm it. After confirmation, it still would not let me add the bank account. I've read on other threads that its wise to have the phone number on the account for some time before adding a new bank account.
Old 03-30-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:

Sometimes this will work and other attempts you will have your experience of being directed to a customer service rep

This is good to try but it's not a full proof method, don't abandon your registration phone numbers because a lot of the time you will be directed to a customer service rep and need to Answer public Data questions to add the account
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

I dont have these problems anymore.
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Good info thanks for sharing but agreed still best to keep the original number active as well, I've seen some situations where even ebay wants to confirm original number before listing
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Good info thanks for sharing but agreed still best to keep the original number active as well, I've seen some situations where even ebay wants to confirm original number before listing
While I agree that its best to keep the original number, sometimes its beyond your control. Such as Google Voice and having your Google account disabled. Or needing a new number due to phone issues or loss. There are variables and I think Paypal (and ebay) know that numbers change for any number of reasons.
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

A while back (2-3 years) Greendot use for PP was being reported as being tied to a SSN request - wonder if this has changed
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
I can see this being fixed by paypal very soon.....
Does not work with all users who call either.

Old 04-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

I have a box of tracfones!!!. its hard sometimes to keep the original number becuase you have to top them up. I've noticed you can have the phone number for 1 month after not paying it. Nice way to save some money.

But I haven't had a Phone number Request from Paypal in a whileeeeeeeeeee.
Old 04-10-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:

I originally made this post/idea. It got deleted but see you are sharing it!
Old 04-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I originally made this post/idea. It got deleted but see you are sharing it!
Never saw your post! This was trial and error for me
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 64%

I tried to add a pnc bank account to my paypal today.
Got a security message saying "does not recognize device"
Needs phone or text.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...tml#post678173
Old 06-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I just received a weird email from eBay it was a MC011 for a second I thought the account was toast, and it's a newer as a seller account that I was forced to add an EIN before I was asked

Usually I'll upgrade to a business account and given the option to add the EIN now or later but it just gave me one option and it was Now

And I couldn't get out of that screen, no matter what browser I used

So because it was over a year old account and instant payments I added the EIN

I been running it all month with just a VCC, and the MC011 from eBay just asked to add a bank account to my PayPal account

I tried to add a prepaid but i didn't have the original, so I opened a BOA account and it was approved and opened within a minute and I just added it using instant confirmation and was not asked to verify using a phone number
Closed Thread