How Google Checkout and paypal deal with chargebacks - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 11-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default How Google Checkout and paypal deal with chargebacks

Have a question abt how GCO and PP handle chargeback. If the fund has been withdraw out from bank and has insufficient level of fund to refund, what would GCO and PP do beside just limiting?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If Paypal decides that you are not covered, your account will go negative ..

From there they spam your inbox to bring your balance to zero lol
After 60 days (if you do not take action to restore your account), they send to collection

I dont know about Google Checkout
Old 11-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Send to collector... and than what next? PP just leave the task to collector?
Old 11-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

from my experience yes, and that is also the end of that account
Old 11-20-2008
Threadstarter  

there are some users of GCO comment that GCO tap their bank account balance more often than pp. At least pp states in their web on Q and A that they don't do that... Isn't GCO more trouble than PP?
Old 11-25-2008

Longevity: 95%

If you have any issue with GCO and they close your account make sure u close the bank account thats attched to the GCO.

I just had my newest GCO closed no explation or nothing only thing i can figer out is its cause i tried to pay myself with a paypal Vcc through GCO they must had seem the ips matched closely but who knows with them *******s

This is what you will see when they close your account

Verification: Your merchant account has been closed
Per Google Checkout's Terms of Service (Section 2.3), GPC has the right (i) to change, suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, as necessary to perform maintenance or updates to the Service and (ii) to impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Service without notice and without liability. GPC may decline to process any Payment Transaction in connection with, among other reasons, fraud prevention activities, applicable law, or GPC policies.

Your account will not be reactivated. For all future orders, please use an alternate payment method.

Why was my account closed?
For security reasons, Google Checkout cannot provide specific information regarding the closure of your Checkout merchant account.

Can I apply to get my account reopened?
No. Your merchant account will not be re-activated. Please utilize an alternative payment method for future orders.

Can I open a new merchant account?
No. Any merchant account opened in connection with this current account will be closed without notice.
Old 12-08-2008
Threadstarter  

What if there is insufficient fund in bank when GCO want to tap to overcome the deficit? Definitly they would limit GCO account and no longer possible to use. What else... just "throw away" the GCO account and open another 1 (like ebay)

Any merchant account provider that don't tap bank account or less outrageous than GCO tapping...and less trouble on paper work? what abt merchant provider for those adult item or webpage?
Old 12-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

you might get fees from your bank, doesnt the bank charge anywhere from $27 - $32 if you get charged something and you dont have enough in your account?