Hello, Can Someone Help Out A New Seller? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Hello, Can Someone Help Out A New Seller?

Hi to all, Alright so I've got two PayPal Stealth Accounts limited. Here's the problem;

Account 1
The first account was never attached to eBay or have had a problem, dispute, etc. but is now linked to one of my old Paypal accounts because of my mistake, and Paypal wants about 3 legal documentations, and me to call them before the limitation can be reviewed. I doubt the documents will get the limitation removed so I don't care about contacting them. My question here is how long can they hold on to my funds, and what to do to get the funds. I'm aware that if I was restricted I can call them up and get my funds in 45 days if nothing bad happens with the account, but since the account is not suspended I don't know if this is a sneaky way of Paypal holding my funds for ever and ever. Any one have some insight on this?

Account 2
The second problem is, I made a eBay and Paypal account and sold it to someone who wanted to buy it from. The wanted positive feedback so I sold an item on the account for, but ironically they forgot that this was my item for sale so they transferred the funds to there personal Paypal. I confronted them about this, and instead of waiting for a response I informed Paypal the account was hacked and paypal limited the account. The buyer later responded admitting this was a misunderstanding and sent the money back and asked me to restore the account which currently has my funds limited inside. However since I contacted paypal and told them the account was hacked they are requiring me to provide my SSN, and Photo ID for the account before the limit can be removed which I don't have. Again this account was attached to eBay and since I made a sell on eBay I have to pay eBay sellers fees which eBay automatically takes. I was under the impression that even in the instance a account is limited it will still authorize eBay to take it's fees, but since I contacted paypal about the hack I think they this more serious and will not allow the release of funds unless I can confirm my identity. So the magic question is, How the heck will I get my money out. The good thing about this situation oppose to the other is it is not linked to suspended account so if I can provide false documents that pass I have a chance of getting the account back, on the other hand the bad part is if 180 days go by and paypal still requires me to send proof of identity without releasing funds I think they would be able to hold my funds for ever which is Illegal, correct?

Can anyone help me out here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Hello, Can Someone Help Out A New Seller?

What a mix up technokidd 1, they could keep the funds from both of your accounts for 180 days!, they have been known to do that. There are no guarantees that they will release your funds even after that time.

There are forum members who might be able to help you with providing the documents you need if you want to give that route a try, seems like you have no other options at this point. Take more care who sell your accounts to seems like a good suggestion, if you ever sell anymore, like to people who can remember who sold items belonged to.
Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - from an initial look, both accounts look a bit messy and likely to stay limited. Wait 180 days. Make new stealth accounts. All the best
Old 04-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies, but with all the respect neither answer directly answer my questions. Although I am a new member to the forum I have been a stealth ebayer for over years and although I appreciate the suggestions I already know the basics, I just made a mistake doing so testing.

For account one I want to know, preferably from experience can a limited member ever get funds out of the limited (not suspended) account without providing legal documents, or acknowledging a attached account? I'm aware that paypal will usually send you a email saying you can get your funds in 180 days if nothing bad appears on your account for the remainder of the time, but I did not get that email with this account so I want answer, no suggestions basic suggestions please.

For account two I want to know the same answers as for the above question and also I want to know does this mean Paypal can legally hold the funds forever in this case since there legal excuse would be; "They can not confirm if they are releasing the funds to original owner or the hacker". Pros, long term members, sellers and especially admins are encouraged to reply?
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. Limited account usually automatically means 180 day wait, whether or not a notice was e-mailed. Calling up is not advisable and that 45 day policy is really hit-and-miss to have.

2. 180 days should still apply to the second account that is limited since you did not reinstate it. I don't see an issue here - it's customary of PP to hold it.
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by technokidd1 View Post
Hi to all, Alright so I've got two PayPal Stealth Accounts limited. Here's the problem;

Account 1
The first account was never attached to eBay or have had a problem, dispute, etc. but is now linked to one of my old Paypal accounts because of my mistake, and Paypal wants about 3 legal documentations, and me to call them before the limitation can be reviewed. I doubt the documents will get the limitation removed so I don't care about contacting them. My question here is how long can they hold on to my funds, and what to do to get the funds. I'm aware that if I was restricted I can call them up and get my funds in 45 days if nothing bad happens with the account, but since the account is not suspended I don't know if this is a sneaky way of Paypal holding my funds for ever and ever. Any one have some insight on this?
/ Sorry you are not making sense. What do you think suspended is if you can not use the account? It means you are limited and can not use the account. Have you had any notices etc?

Quote:
Account 2
The second problem is, I made a eBay and Paypal account and sold it to someone who wanted to buy it from. The wanted positive feedback so I sold an item on the account for, but ironically they forgot that this was my item for sale so they transferred the funds to there personal Paypal.
Can anyone help me out here?
All i can politely suggest is just telling paypal you are not going to supply info.
Hope they will release the funds.
For the future, avoid these stunts. They backfire. Paypal says in their T&S they will retain funds if they see fit. Make sure never to operate in a way to make them do that.

Sorry it's not what you want to hear.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-16-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Here's the above questions but in a much simpler form, In any instances can Paypal hold a sellers funds forever? If so what are those instances and does either of my situations above fall in that category?

Greenbean; I meant to write "since my account is not restricted". I appreciate your response though.
Old 04-16-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%

You can call up and say that you spoke to carol(made up name) and arranged for your funds to be released so you can close your account. as long as your bank is already attached that works
Old 04-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisle View Post
You can call up and say that you spoke to carol(made up name) and arranged for your funds to be released so you can close your account. as long as your bank is already attached that works
Huh? His accounts are in a big enough mess without more fantasies. That type of story does not fly.
Old 04-17-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by technokidd1 View Post
Here's the above questions but in a much simpler form, In any instances can Paypal hold a sellers funds forever? If so what are those instances and does either of my situations above fall in that category?

Greenbean; I meant to write "since my account is not restricted". I appreciate your response though.
Yes they can hold your funds forever, it is rare, but they will keep them in specific situations like the one you created.

You made a big security issue here saying the account was hacked, so unless you can prove to paypal that you are who u say u are than they will definitely keep the funds, they will not release funds unless u supply them with all the information they requested and they will probably ask public data questions as well

And the questions they ask are much tougher than what eBay will ask, they will ask how much was the loan u took out in 1990 for Property X

This is a tough case, ever since they have been breached by hackers not too long ago they are now taking a tough stance

Good luck
Old 04-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Yes they can hold your funds forever, it is rare, but they will keep them in specific situations like the one you created.

You made a big security issue here saying the account was hacked, so unless you can prove to paypal that you are who u say u are than they will definitely keep the funds, they will not release funds unless u supply them with all the information they requested and they will probably ask public data questions as well

And the questions they ask are much tougher than what eBay will ask, they will ask how much was the loan u took out in 1990 for Property X

This is a tough case, ever since they have been breached by hackers not too long ago they are now taking a tough stance

Good luck
Well if security questions was the issue Im sure I can bypass them, the Stealth accounts I make I make sure I have sufficient info on them. And I only create accounts identities that range from "18-21" in age this way Paypal and eBay will only have about 0-3 years of credit history on them if any.

Even though my account is in a mess I have happened to make progress on some accounts by calling Paypal and mentioning to a representative that another representative said they will do what ever I need.

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-17-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: OP warned..