What is wrong with trust and safety? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default What is wrong with trust and safety?

I've sent them all the documents they have needed to reinstate my account but they keep making some excuse to not do it. This is like the 6th I have faxed them. At first I didn't want to fax my drivers license so I sent them a high school report card. They said they don't have all the documents they needed so I decided to fax them my drivers license. They respond by saying it didn't come through clearly and then I fax them again this time fully blown up and they send me the same message again. What kind of retarded games are these morons playing. Why the **** can't they just reinstate my account. This is so annoying.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2008
Banned

welcome to the club, and ebay and paypal could be dangerous if some ever got all this information people send in, YOU HAVE TO SELL YOUR SOLE TO SELL ON EBAY AND PAYPAL, LITERALLY!!
Old 11-18-2008

Your account is good as gone, if you have been on the forum long enough you would've already gave up and moved on and register another one.
Old 11-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

yeah just make a new account ...
Old 11-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Screw eBay I hope thier company goes down to hell. If they don't reinstate my account, I'll ****ing fax them everyday and I'm not paying any fees until they do so.
Old 11-18-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce90 View Post
Screw eBay I hope thier company goes down to hell. If they don't reinstate my account, I'll ****ing fax them everyday and I'm not paying any fees until they do so.
Don't be upset, this happens to majority of people. Get the eBay Stealth ebook and start fresh and you should open more accts. And if possible skip the fees.

good luck
Old 11-18-2008
Banned

i've never seen a company like paypal and ebay that dont want peoples business, its crazy
Old 11-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Wow so eBay strikes again. This time they actually looked at my fax without making up some stupid excuse. Too bad the guy who reviewed my case was a complete imbecile.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching eBay Help services. My name is Francis and it will be my pleasure to help you today in regards of your account suspension. I understand the confusion that this situation could have caused you. However, our records show that your account was suspended due to violation of our Underage User policy. Based on the information you haveprovided, I have reviewed your situation. Considering the seriousness ofthis policy violation, it has been determined that your account will be remain permanently closed. When eBay members agree to buy or sell items, they enter into binding contracts to complete their transactions. Throughout most of the world, individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to enter such contracts.For this reason, eBay does not allow individuals to register as members until they reach the age of 18. Because you are under the age of 18, you can only use the eBay site in conjunction with a parent or legal guardian. Your parent or legal guardian can register a new account in their name. That account can be used by both of you. Alternatively, when you reach legal age, you can register a new eBay account if you want to do so. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

What a ****ing idiot. The fact that he would say you can make another account when you become 18. I'm 10 days away from being 18 and how the **** would making another account work since I would get traced back to my old account. I can't believe the nonsense they actually write. What difference would it make if I just used my old account opposed to making a new account. The seriousness of the violation... lol. There are ****ing 13 year olds using eBay. What the **** did I do? I still don't understand? Did I scam someone or something? Did I cause some huge problem by not being 18? I'm pretty sure my 100% feedback means nothing to these idiots.

Last edited by bruce90; 11-19-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2008

Open another acct with slightly different info so they won't be able to link you. Also, make sure you follow steps that will allow you open accts that won't get you linked to previous suspended accts (found on this forum or on the eBay Stealth ebook).

good luck
Old 11-19-2008
Threadstarter  

As if it was that easy. If it was as simple as deleting cookies, changing IP, name, address and paypal account I would have done it a long time ago. I only have one bank account and I don't have any credit cards. I primarily use my ebay account to sell things once in a while to try to pay for my college tuition. Thanks to eBay that is now nearly impossible.

Sadly I am a non working student. I still live with my parents. I barely have enough money to eat. I don't think I have enough money to go around to the point where I can be spending money on a online stealth E-book none the less one on one tech support. I'm not a large scale seller, I sell things I have around the house that I don't use anymore like video games which is pretty much the only thing I own other than my car which is an absolute piece of crap.

Last edited by bruce90; 11-19-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2008
Threadstarter  

I just had a chat with an ebay live help agent. View first hand the Idiocy of eBay trust and saftey representatives.

9:28:21 PM System
Initial Question/Comment: Other
9:28:27 PM System
Thank you for contacting eBay Canada Live Help!
9:28:27 PM System
You are successfully connected to eBay Canada Live Help. Please hold for the next available Live Help Agent.
9:29:22 PM System
We appreciate your patience. You will be able to type in your question as soon as you are connected with a Live Help Agent. Please continue to hold for the next available representative.
9:29:42 PM System
Clara C. K. has joined this session!
9:29:42 PM System
Connected with Clara C. K.
9:29:47 PM Clara C. K.
Hi! Thank you for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Help! My name is Clara. How may I help you today?
9:29:52 PM mstrbruce
hello
9:29:57 PM Clara C. K.
Hi there
9:30:15 PM mstrbruce
about 3 weeks ago my ebay account was suspended
9:30:27 PM mstrbruce
underage user or some nonsense
9:30:40 PM mstrbruce
I was using the account under my fathers permission
9:30:59 PM mstrbruce
however a representative from trust and safety decided to suspend me anyways
9:31:46 PM mstrbruce
I turn 18 in a week so I faxed in my forms but the rep refused to reinstate my account, something about underage user being too serious of a violation blah blah blah
9:32:04 PM mstrbruce
he did however say that I could make another account once I turn legal age
9:32:13 PM mstrbruce
I don't understand how that works though
9:32:36 PM mstrbruce
if I were to make another account wouldn't I get linked to my old account and thus suspended again?
9:32:43 PM mstrbruce
this honestly makes no sense
9:32:57 PM mstrbruce
the people in trust and safety have no idea what there talking about
9:33:03 PM mstrbruce
they have me seriously confused
9:34:08 PM Clara C. K.
Hi there, I'm sorry to learn about the situation with Trust and Safety. We don't have the ability to address the suspensions they've applied, once you turn of age however you should be able to send in your appeal.
9:34:18 PM Clara C. K.
And no it wouldn't make sense to re-register.
9:34:24 PM mstrbruce
thats the problem I did send in my appeal
9:34:32 PM mstrbruce
yes so what do I do?
9:34:42 PM mstrbruce
they don't want to reinstate my account and I can't register for a new one
9:34:54 PM mstrbruce
so how can I get back on eBay is what I want to know
9:35:10 PM mstrbruce
I don't know why the trust and safety employees have to be such a pain in the ass
9:36:38 PM Clara C. K.
I mean to send in the appeal when you're 18 as your documents prove that. They would be unlikely to reinstate you if you were not 18, despite it only being a few days until that's the case.
9:36:53 PM Clara C. K.
Re-registering shouldn't be something they suggested, hold on please.
9:37:01 PM mstrbruce
thats exactly what he told me
9:37:18 PM mstrbruce
that I can create another account after I turned to the legal age
9:40:13 PM Clara C. K.
Hm, if that's what they advised you directly from Trust and Safety that must be the case then, I'm not in a position to advise otherwise with these matters I'm afraid.
9:40:23 PM Clara C. K.
All I can see is that the account is indeed restricted but that's about it.
9:40:26 PM mstrbruce
But this makes no sense
9:40:33 PM mstrbruce
he told me to do something that I can't
9:40:50 PM mstrbruce
its impossible for me to register because I will get suspended again
9:40:57 PM mstrbruce
can't you see that this makes no sense at all?
9:41:30 PM mstrbruce
the trust and safetly employees have thier heads way too far up thier asses to even realize whats happening
9:41:42 PM mstrbruce
so yeah you still haven't answered my question
9:41:57 PM mstrbruce
if I can't register for a new account and they won't reinstate my new account what do I do?
9:42:27 PM mstrbruce
If I can't register for a new account and they won't reinstate my old account what do I do*
9:43:28 PM Clara C. K.
It's one or the other, if they're restricting one account and have advised that you can create a new one, that will be possible and the other account wouldn't be restricted for the particular suspension that occurred.
9:43:54 PM Clara C. K.
But as I mentioned earlier, we don't have the ability to address the trust and safety suspensions to be able to advise you on the matter.
9:44:07 PM mstrbruce
I know but I do have another violation on my account
9:44:12 PM mstrbruce
thats how they found out my age
9:44:18 PM Clara C. K.
I would agree this seems a bit peculiar but we're not Trust and Safety, I do think it may benefit you to have them clarify that though.
9:44:30 PM mstrbruce
I have emailed them like 20 times
9:44:36 PM mstrbruce
they don't answer my questions
9:44:43 PM mstrbruce
they always post some automated bull****
9:44:52 PM mstrbruce
its like they dont' even take the time to answer my questions
9:45:13 PM mstrbruce
I sent in the fax appeal for my copyright violation and they didn't even addres it
9:45:21 PM mstrbruce
they have no clue what there doing
9:45:37 PM mstrbruce
I shouldn't of even been suspended
9:45:50 PM mstrbruce
I had permission to use my fathers account
9:46:11 PM mstrbruce
I only listed a copy of copy right items and I swear I had no clue that they were vero
9:46:21 PM mstrbruce
cant' you see how unfair this is?
9:47:04 PM Clara C. K.
It definitely appears frustrating.
9:47:11 PM mstrbruce
well I want to know that to do
9:47:18 PM mstrbruce
because no one is giving me any answers
9:47:28 PM mstrbruce
and the worst part about it is that I cannot talk to a real person
9:47:44 PM mstrbruce
they hide behind thier emails, you never acutally get to talk to a real person
9:47:54 PM mstrbruce
I mean cmon you call this customer service?
9:47:59 PM mstrbruce
I call this a joke
9:49:34 PM mstrbruce
I did everything they said, faxed them everything they wanted with the expecatation that my account would be reinstated and its all up to the call of this one idiot trust and saftey member who has no idea what he's doing
9:49:38 PM mstrbruce
WTF
9:50:02 PM mstrbruce
I've been patient and I've tried to remain calm but I can't deal with this anymore
9:50:27 PM mstrbruce
so I wanna know what should I do?
9:50:43 PM mstrbruce
because so far no ones given me any answers
9:51:31 PM mstrbruce
everytime I talk to someone they tell me something completely different from what the other representatives tell me
9:52:14 PM Clara C. K.
I realize this is frustrating but right now, I would recommend to clearly state in a reply to their email that there's two issues to the account, the under aged issue and the copy right issues, so someone else can go over your account situation.
9:52:31 PM mstrbruce
I have done this already
9:52:34 PM Clara C. K.
I don't have the ability to address this for you myself, but in the least I'll have someone go over your account from Trust and Safety
9:52:49 PM Clara C. K.
So they can clearly address the two issues present.
9:53:07 PM mstrbruce
Well can you please have somebody look into this for me and explain my situation to them
9:53:46 PM mstrbruce
because I can't waste my life emailing these people everyday to get some dumb respone telling my crap I already know
9:55:06 PM mstrbruce
I understand this is not your fault but most of the trust and saftey emplyees are complete imbeciles
9:55:26 PM mstrbruce
they have done nothing to help me at all
9:55:34 PM mstrbruce
and I want someone to take me seriously for once
9:59:10 PM Clara C. K.
That I could understand and is only reasonable that someone does. I've taken down your ID and I'll have an agent review your account. It won't be until tomorrow however as they're not in office until then
9:59:22 PM mstrbruce
okay thank you
9:59:35 PM mstrbruce
I will expect a response from this
9:59:51 PM mstrbruce
I am keeping a record of this conversation so I better get a response
10:00:12 PM mstrbruce
I've contacted trust and safety emplyees before and they have ignored my messages
10:00:40 PM mstrbruce
so this time I am expecting a serious response
10:00:46 PM mstrbruce
thank you for your help though
10:00:53 PM mstrbruce
I know I have put a lot of pressure on you
10:00:55 PM mstrbruce
sorry
10:01:01 PM mstrbruce
thank you for your help again
Old 11-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Life would be soo much easier if Live Help agents could restore accounts
Old 11-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

All live help can do is help you make an account and tell you to email trust and safety if you need anything else. They say the same things to everyone. "I don't have access to anything other than seeing that you are suspended/restricted/banned/blah blah blah. And I can't help you because I am a robot."
Old 11-20-2008
Banned

i hate when they tell you to email t&s, they even try to be nice about it, "i'll give you link so you dont have to look for it" IF EBAY SEES PEOPLE WANTING TO TALK TO EBAY TRSUT AND SAFETY DONT YOU THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE A LIVE SUPPORT?? i really think that trust and safety is a bunch of fat slobs that just sit around all day and do nothing, like they must have the easiest job, thats why they dont reinstate accounts. they get a vero suspended and go back to watch tv or something. i swear to god thats what they probaly do
Old 11-20-2008
Threadstarter  

A trust and safety idiot suspended me because I told him I was 17. He automatically came to the conclusion that the account belonged to me and decided to suspend me immediately without asking me anything. If he didn't do that I wouldn't have to deal with all of this ****. I think his name was Rainer or something. If I ever met him in real life I would probably punch him in the face. People like that need to learn a lesson.

Instead of targeting the people who are scamming nice people on eBay they decide to pick on a small time seller for doing practically nothing. I seriously think some of these trust and saftey employees should have thier jobs reconsidered. Some of them definately deserve to be fired.

Last edited by bruce90; 11-20-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2008
Banned

they need to be fired and have the butts kicked in the parking lot, i'm telling the ebay get together that have every year held by ebay i getting smaller. i think there might have been maybe 40 people there compared to thousands years ago. look it up on youtube, i believe its called an ebay conference, there is a guy who goes nuts and yells at them
Old 11-20-2008
Threadstarter  

lol I'll see if I can find it.

Its funny that they keep sending me notices stating my ebay fees are past due. Threatening me by saying they will restrict my account. haha go right ahead and restrict my already suspended account. The only debts I still owe them are for the two vero items I sold. Which they later removed, its ridicoulous that they still expect me to pay for it. In my mind I owe them nothing.
Old 11-20-2008

You shouldn't even talk to them in the first place, it will just piss you off and make your day worst. And if you want to start selling again then you will have to make sacrifices. A second chance don't come cheap and $30-$50 ain't much if you think about possible future income. But if you are on the forum hoping for a way to get back on ebay for free then you are on the wrong forum. This forum can help you get back on ebay but you will have to find a way to accomplish those necessary steps. Borrow from parents, friends, or pawn something if you have to.
Old 11-20-2008
Threadstarter  

I am poor. I have no money because of eBay. They have taken everything from me. EVERYTHING! I need vengeance!
Old 11-20-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
If I ever met him in real life I would probably punch him in the face.
Quote:
I need vengeance!

Instead of all your adolescent treats and tantrums...

Why don't you just make your "Stealth Account" and get on with your life and save us the DRAMA!

From what I have read in this thread...you were suspended with good reason.
Old 11-20-2008
Banned

^^^i agree, dont get mad get even!!!! the stealth way
Old 11-22-2008

Yes, just take it back from them!