Anyone successfully reinstate indefinite suspended account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Anyone successfully reinstate indefinite suspended account?

I should have found this forum at day 1 of my ebay adventure.

I have two accounts, one is selling to US buyers, the other account is selling to UK customers (all items are listed in eBay.co.uk server). The account selling to US was suspended at last week. But I made a stupid mistake to keep using the other UK account until receive this message:

"Our records indicate that you used the following eBay account during
your suspension:

my UK account ID

Please understand that eBay doesn't allow suspended members to use eBay
in any way, including registering another account under a new account
name. Doing so violates the terms of your suspension, and as a result,
your account will remain suspended indefinitely."

Is there anyone successfully reinstate indefinite suspended account? I really need the suspended US account to be reinstated, I was a Gold Grade Powerseller for 3 years, Feedback: 5300 and 99% positive, my monthly sale is about $25000 . That is a huge lose to me.

I really appreciate someone in the forum to help me out or at least give me some hope. I have sent countless emails and made many phone calls to eBay, but receive ZERO help from them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2008

Absolutely NOT! I hate to break it to you, but I was using a different account a year and a half since my account was suspended. Because after my initial account was suspended, I didn't try and get back on after 7 days, my suspension was never over.

Therefore, even though I used my other account a year and a half, they still suspended me indefinitely.

I tried to agrue my case, but that didn't work at all. There is no way to contact the department you need to speak to about suspended accounts. They stay behind closed doors and just answer emails.
Old 07-09-2008

thats true. its been my experience your up against a stone wall with ebay. i had the same experience as you. thats the problem with distance selling . ebay have no qualms and no face to face.....as they say : its easier to kill a business if you cant see the person face to face,,,,best start afresh, get re-born in a new virtual world. join the club .
Old 07-09-2008
Threadstarter  

hello writeme2011:

Thanks for your reply. What does it mean "I didn't try and get back on after 7 days "

Are you saying that I should sent the fax to ebay 7 days after my account suspension? actually I sent the fax 7 minutes after my account suspension, does it make things even worse?

As to your case, i suggest you to be more careful. In my suspension notice, I see they are saying ebay reserve the rights to suspend any of your existing accounts, if you violate the suspension terms. That is to say, they haven't suspend your other account because they are very "nice" in your case and deserve "appreciation", which is extremely ironic.
Old 07-09-2008

Here is what happened in my case. I had an ebay account from 2000. It had 300 + positive feedback.

In 2006, I started a new account on half.com to sell items. I realised I could use this account to sell on Ebay too. I guess I sold some items that were against the rules, and I got the suspension notice.

I stayed off Ebay for awhile after that, I figured the word "suspension" would allow me back automaticly.

After going back on ebay using my OLD account from 2000, I didn't have a problem for a YEAR AND A HALF!!! I just was buying, but about two months ago I decided to list two items (both were completely legal, not vero or anything against the rules).

Within 2 days of listing the items, I received a notice that the account was suspended because they linked it to my account from 2006.

I tried fighting it. I demanded and demanded to SPEAK to someone. I told them that they are not allowing me to speak to someone about my case and that was wrong.

The reply I got after I went over my case completely in an email upset me even more. I got a reply stating "You were suppose to wait 7 days and the appeal the case and you did not do that. You instead used an existing account during the time of the suspension and therefore you are suspended indefinitely."

I do not remember anything about having to beg to be let back on. Suspended means you are allowed back after a certain period. I don't think the rules ebay have today were the same when I was banned in 2006.

I know for a FACT I didn't use Ebay for quite awhile after being suspended. In fact, I closed down the email account associated with the account that was suspended. I didn't want it back. I wanted to only use the account I had from 2000. I thought just having the one account would be following Ebay's rules. I thought it was against their rules to have more than one account. I remember waiting at least a month to go back to using the account from 2000

Seriously, I want to create a website for those who have been suspended. Ebay should be (legally) exploited for how they treat people. In ANY OTHER place, either online or in person, if you have a problem, you can SPEAK to a manager or someone in charge, one on one. Ebay does not allow that and I am sorry that makes them look GUILTY!

You can't plead your case because if they write back and you want to reply to that, the message goes to someone ELSE who has to read up on the case and whatnot.. It's a no win situation for us.

I am not mad about being suspended, I am mad that the Ebay team hides behind emails. I am sorry, but I don't feel that is right...

Last edited by writeme2011; 07-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2008

yea its called unfair business practises. & they dont have to talk to you and can trump up any charges they like against you using there user agreement. there so parnoid at getting a bad online trading name that they will suspend with even a whiff of wrongdoing or even a suspicion, out of hand. they have such a huge base of users and money coming in that they can pick and choose at whim who they want to use the site. if they were struggling to find users and buidling the business up you would be treated with kid gloves. believe it, they got too big and dont realy give a dam about smalltime sellers.
Old 07-09-2008

Longevity: 92%

I actually talked to an eBay rep yesterday and he informed me that the indefinite suspension really means at least 12 months. It doesn't mean it is forever although it is pretty tough to get the account reinstated. He said that my account most likely would be able to be reinstated so their is hope and this is me talking to trust and safety under the titanium power seller phone #. Hope that helps.
Old 07-10-2008

Id say you are best reading aspkins book and then setting up a new account

Noel
Old 07-10-2008

I guess the main reason I didn't try to get back on initially is because I figured once my account was suspended, even if I got back on, I felt my account would be watched like a hawk.

I am aware of the new suspension only being 12 months, but it's the same thing. I am pretty sure that accounts that get reinstated are closely watched. I think the best way to go is by way of the Stealth Book.
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: I have Reinstated over 30 accts--but NEVER an indef ne yet.. My 1 year anniversary is up the end of the month--I have all my docs ready to fax.. I will update if it works??

(I'm part of the Lifers program)..Banned for Life
Old 07-10-2008
Threadstarter  

hello writeme2011:

Did you use your 2000 account to list items on eBay.com and got suspended? I was using my another account to list items on eBay.co.uk, all items are in Pounds, my account is still live and ebay detected this linked account but didn't suspend it. Is it possible the people working at ebay.com are not interested to suspend sellers selling in UK?

Hi ebayhateluv:
You are my hero, starting admire you! how do you manage these 30 accounts every day? Do you create 30 Windows accounts to match 30 eBay accounts and setup 30 Dial-up connections to manage them?

hi jerkyboy1:
I talked to PowerSeller support rep and the told me the same thing, indefinite does not equal to for ever. But they also told me the Powerseller support team and Safety/Trust Dep are two separate teams, they don't work together and they can't write any comment on your case. Basically, they can't do anything, only can give you some "hope" so that you can hang up the phone quickly. Perhaps I shouldn't think them in this way, but I really don't trust them anymore.

I was told by live help that she will personally follow up my case and my account can be reinstate in 72 hours. It was a big hope to me at that time, so I hung up the chat windown quickly with a big smiling face. But now, I don't believe they will reinstate my account. They sentence my account to death at yesterday, here is the email:

"As noted in our previous emails to you, our records indicate that your
account was suspended from eBay due to the violation of our policy as
stated below:

We have reviewed your case again. Based on this review, we have
concluded that your account will remain closed due to the nature of the
initial policy violation that caused the suspension of your account.

We will review any future emails from you , however, unless they contain
additional information pertaining to the suspension of your account, we
will not respond."

I bought Stealth Book at yesterday, it is very good book. I am a serious seller and hate to play dirty like instructed by the book, but they leave me no choice.

Thanks for your guys advices. Very appreciate.

Last edited by zhouxi; 07-10-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2008

Yes, I used my account from 2000 to list items. I listed them a year and a HALF after my account from 2006 was suspended.

I had been using the account from 2000 to buy items since the other account was suspended. But, I am positive I didn't use it for a month or two after the suspension.

It's crazy!
Old 11-19-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI: I have Reinstated over 30 accts--but NEVER an indef ne yet.. My 1 year anniversary is up the end of the month--I have all my docs ready to fax.. I will update if it works??

how did you get on with this?
Old 11-19-2008

Hi, ZHOUXI,, Wierd name!!! The same exact thing happened to me two weeks ago. I had one account suspended for some stupid reason, I think someone ratted me out.. Then without realizing it my husband checked his account and pow, we are suspended indefinately!!! I pleaded with e-bay , I Hate them, I regret saying that because hate is a strong word. You can never talk to anyone and you are just a #.. i dont normally do illegal things or I haven't up to now, I can not afford to loose this extra income especially in todays economy.I would recommend the book it is great and very informative, I would also say you should contact modee (I think that is how you spell it) He is very knowledgable and could help you do something now that will make your life easier later.. Good luck!!!
Old 11-21-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkyboy1 View Post
I actually talked to an eBay rep yesterday and he informed me that the indefinite suspension really means at least 12 months. It doesn't mean it is forever although it is pretty tough to get the account reinstated. He said that my account most likely would be able to be reinstated so their is hope and this is me talking to trust and safety under the titanium power seller phone #. Hope that helps.
will you pm me that number?
Old 02-19-2010

ebay told me they will never reinstate me nor close the account. i am ready to give up, go broke and pray I do not live forever. i just do not have he patience for this, especially when I see ebyers selling the same things i did.if it were not for bad luck i would hve no luck. yeah yeah i know i am playing the victim. just mkes me cranky. think i will work at walmart
Old 02-28-2010

after all my whinning they reonstated me. i put the story in a seperaste thread. sorry if that was wrong.
Old 01-01-2014

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Anyone successfully reinstate indefinite suspended account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post

Please explain documents? This has happened to my main account as well, what documents would you need to fax to them after 12 months?
Old 01-05-2014

Longevity: 65%

Forget about it. This thread is like 4 years old. Ebay is a whole different ballgame since then.
Old 01-08-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Forget about it. This thread is like 4 years old. Ebay is a whole different ballgame since then.
not really...still the same a-holes running it
Old 03-15-2015

Longevity: 52%
Exclamation Re: Anyone successfully reinstate indefinite suspended account?

Same thing happened to me. had my account since 2000 and I treated it with care and still got suspended/blocked for ever. My gf would even say I care about ebay more then I care about her.

But now will find alternatives.
Old 03-15-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbakedmonkey View Post
Same thing happened to me. had my account since 2000 and I treated it with care and still got suspended/blocked for ever. My gf would even say I care about ebay more then I care about her.

But now will find alternatives.
My girlfriend says same :-)

Once i found stealth i am happy.
Have 1 girlfriend and i dont care if 1 stealth goes down. I get 2 instead.
I keep same girfriend :-)