Looking to sell Adidas clothing, they are not counterfeit. Are they high risk items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Looking to sell Adidas clothing, they are not counterfeit. Are they high risk items?

Have some clothing to sell from my old account. Are they high risk items? Also will I be able to sell 3 weeks after using the account (building cookies) without getting the account suspended?

If so what is a suffiencent time to start selling clothing?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Looking to sell Adidas clothing, they are not counterfeit. Are they high risk ite

Nowadays everything is high risk. Just take it slow
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
BarboraB (04-07-2018)
Old 04-15-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Looking to sell Adidas clothing, they are not counterfeit. Are they high risk ite

Quote:
Originally Posted by celit View Post
Have some clothing to sell from my old account. Are they high risk items? Also will I be able to sell 3 weeks after using the account (building cookies) without getting the account suspended?

If so what is a suffiencent time to start selling clothing?
Slow is the way celit, and redo the photo's if you have any left from your old account.
Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

They are high risk. Anything branded is.

Your looking at many many months rather than weeks before you can even sell 1 of those sorts of items and even then you can have issues.
Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Nope, high risk.

will take a lot longer than weeks to sell as well.
Old 04-19-2015
Threadstarter  

I would like to add that the new account I purchased was created in September 2014. Should i still wait or is it fine to start selling items in a week?

Will need to sell these clothes as they have them for a while just laying around.
Old 04-19-2015

Longevity: 72%

Name brand = high risk.

Probably won't be able to sell these for months. Might get away with it, but in any case will face category limits. In name brand, that's usually 3 listings or 3 sales per month.

They're been around 'a while', be patient, let them lie around for a couple months more and get some history. I've found the restrictions start to loosen up in around 90 days, if you get some good feedback and a few sales.
Old 04-20-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

About half of what I sell on eBay is clothes. I've found Adidas presence on eBay scarce. The only possible problem that could arise is if your selling "new" Adidas items that are currently sought after in the marketplace now. Part of this reason is because ebay is so flooded with Adidas they would need a dedicated team to spot out "⊗⊗⊗⊗"

Your only issue could be if you sell "new" items and sell a lot to quickly you then don't just have ebay to worry about but PayPal too.

Ever since I learned stealth and opened my accounts up correctly I've yet to have any issues selling clothing on accounts. When they aren't created properly then clothing can be very high risk.

You should be fine imho

Last edited by solefoodbk; 04-20-2015 at 01:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
wakitiwa (04-21-2015)
Old 04-20-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
About half of what I sell on eBay is clothes. I've found Adidas presence on eBay scarce. The only possible problem that could arise is if your selling "new" Adidas items that are currently sought after in the marketplace now. Part of this reason is because ebay is so flooded with Adidas they would need a dedicated team to spot out "⊗⊗⊗⊗"

Your only issue could be if you sell "new" items and sell a lot to quickly you then don't just have ebay to worry about but PayPal too.

Ever since I learned stealth and opened my accounts up correctly I've yet to have any issues selling clothing on accounts. When they aren't created properly then clothing can be very high risk.

You should be fine imho
Hi, what is "too quickly" exactly? Selling 10 items per day is too quickly?

And how do you mean with "when they are not created properly"?

I'd love to hear your opinion in finer details, this is very relevent to me as well.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015

Longevity: 53%

I recommend building up 3-5 accounts at a time. As Adidas is high risk, and there is quite high chance that you will get banned because:
1) EB paranoid filtering scheme, causing MC067 or MC113
2) professional EB buyers, who will see your weak account, will buy your shoes, then claim they're phake, and getting a refund, and your acc - banned
3) vero - MC999
So, I suggest that you sell your shoes on 1 acc, then 1 on another, then 1 on another, until you have like 5 sales across 5 accs. Then start over from the first account. It will make the account development slow, but will spread your risks. If one acc dies - get another one to take it's place. Never sell second item before you get a feedback for the first one (inside one acc). Proceed that slow for 3 months. Then you can try to sell each item several times in a row from 1 acc. And even that does not guarantee any safety. The only 100% safe way to trade vero is to get a dealer permission, but I suppose Adidas will not even bother speaking with you except you are willing to sell thousands of their shoes officially.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I recommend building up 3-5 accounts at a time. As Adidas is high risk, and there is quite high chance that you will get banned because:
2) professional EB buyers, who will see your weak account, will buy your shoes, then claim they're phake, and getting a refund, and your acc - banned
3) vero - MC999
So, I suggest that you sell your shoes on 1 acc, then 1 on another, then 1 on another, until you have like 5 sales across 5 accs. Then start over from the first account. It will make the account development slow, but will spread your risks. If one acc dies - get another one to take it's place. Never sell second item before you get a feedback for the first one (inside one acc). Proceed that slow for 3 months. Then you can try to sell each item several times in a row from 1 acc. And even that does not guarantee any safety. The only 100% safe way to trade vero is to get a dealer permission, but I suppose Adidas will not even bother speaking with you except you are willing to sell thousands of their shoes officially.
Sorry, but I can't agree with the idea of selling similar or identical items on various accounts at the same time.
Isn't this a HUGE risk, it's like an open door to EB giving them a reason to link your accounts based on what (or how) you sell.
Old 04-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan T. View Post
Sorry, but I can't agree with the idea of selling similar or identical items on various accounts at the same time.
Isn't this a HUGE risk, it's like an open door to EB giving them a reason to link your accounts based on what (or how) you sell.
Perhaps you shouldn't sell the exact same item on each account, but the general idea is the same----spread out your risk. Don't sell more than one VERO item on a single account at a time.
Old 04-20-2015

Not copy-paste listings, of course, listings should be totally different - shipping costs, photos, description, title, every field should be different across all the accounts. It will work. And it will show some stats, what items with what photos sell well, and what photos / texts are bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-20-2015)
Old 04-21-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
3) vero - MC999.
Completely inaccurate information. Ebays bots strongly reflect how you operate your account not exactly what you list. I've yet to have another buyer buy my product and say it's f*ke just to "lessen" the competition. Clothing is a huge market on ebay there is no need for that in this particular market. If it's say two sellers selling the same product and only they dominant the market then yes that can happen but not pursing what you want to do off "ifs" is silly.

Your using scare tactics which personally sound silly. Trust me, like I said I sell clothes on ebay and make a living off it, I know what I'm talking about.

You will not have any issues selling Adidas unless like I said your selling an extrodandory amount too where ebay/PayPal will flag your account. This the same for almost any branded item on eBay, clothes arent special in this regards.

Listing too quickly like 100 Adidas in a day. Just use common sense with it. Always keep the mind set that what ever you do today can be increased the next day. Slow and steady increases is the best method with listing any brand of any item in general.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 04-21-2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2015

I have found Adidas a tricky product to sell, they use one of these online intelligence companies to remove listings on their behalf - personally you might be Ok if you drip feed one at a time through, Nike clothing however much easier in mu experience.
Old 04-21-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
I have found Adidas a tricky product to sell, they use one of these online intelligence companies to remove listings on their behalf - personally you might be Ok if you drip feed one at a time through, Nike clothing however much easier in mu experience.
Both adidas and nike are high risk. Especially on a new account.

That doesnt mean you cant sell them though.

Since 2015 nike have said no authorised retailers can sell their stuff on ebay. However I do not know if this applies to non authorised sellers. I certainly haven't read about any vero takedowns lately.

A few years ago both banned all selling of their products on ebay, but they soon backtracked. (for what reason I do not know)
Old 04-21-2015

My main account was closed due to high risk bs, before the forum I didn't knew what to think of but looking back I understand now that it might be the fact that I used to go regulary to the adidas outlet to buy new stuff over there and sell them on ebay, it worked for me for a whole year, but it will get to you eventually. I had multiple listings with adidas stuff from the outlets plus my main area is vintage sporting shirts, I had all positive feedback, I could resolve any matters with customers right away and ebay shut me down most probably because of the adidas brand new stuff. This is a really good thread for me, any other info you may want to share would be really helpful.
Old 04-23-2015

Longevity: 62%

I sell clothing on ebay, 90% is brand name closeouts, I've sold adidas and nike and lots of other brands. even the occasional high end designer if I find a good piece on the clearance rack at the outlet malls. I've never had an issue but I only sell items from reliable US closeout and wholesale distributors so that there is no doubt about authenticity and I always show all the tags & labels clearly in photos so that anyone can see they are authentic I've sold these items from day one and never had an issue. If you know your items are authentic and you don't leave any room for doubt in your listings you should be fine. But if you list 10 or 20 branded items all at once on a fairly new account and provide just one photo, well that's the same kinda thing the big time scammers and replica people do and it will obviously throw up a red flag to ebay. Just stay on the up and up and don't rush and try to move all your items in one day or something.
Old 04-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
Nike easier than Adidas? Wow
Old 04-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks a lot for everyone's reply. Was wondering how many items must i sell on ebay and what types of items in order to gain trust from ebay?

How about ps3 and ps4 games that are laying around the house?
Selling unbranded clothing? (or will it still be a risk).

The account i ended up purchasing was already selling dvds so i think ps3 and ps4 games are the way to go. because they cannot be copied.
Old 04-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

How is Puma doing these days vs. Adidas? Just a side ponderation...

Old 04-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Anything to boost your count eh?

Pumas are still crap.