Good Amazon Feedback Builders - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Good Amazon Feedback Builders

I exclusively sell $100+ items on Amazon. The problem I run into is their <1% order defect requirement. So, basically if you sell less than 100 items a month and have even 1 problem, you will be suspended. I find that ridiculous. eBay at least has a rule that if you are a lower volume seller you can have up to X problems and still be OK. It is what it is...

My question is what are good feedback builders for Amazon? Super cheap things that you may only break even on, but will give me more orders to help keep me below the 1%. Again, eBay was easier with this as you can just list whatever, but the UPC requirement with Amazon makes it harder.

I've tried just getting random stuff from the dollar store, but it never sells.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Good Amazon Feedback Builders

You will not get suspended for one problem out of 100 especially if you are doing $10k per month. But you have to look at the reason why you are getting order defect rate.
Also if your items are exclusive, why not use FBA?
Just go to Wamart,Target, see what clearance lines they have, check the prices on amazon with your mobile app in the store and buy if the price is good.
Old 04-27-2015

Longevity: 55%

I have that Amazon barcode scanner on my mobile phone and it is really useful for being able to check instantly if it is worth buying an item, if there is a bit of a profit in the price we can buy it for in the big stores on their marked down sections, or even on anything else marked down or not that might catch our eye. Our version of Walmart over here is Asda of course, their toy sections have toys marked down now as long as they are not the latest versions of something, like Star Wars toys which are marked up at the very most they think they can get for them at the moment with another Star Wars film in production currently.
Old 04-27-2015
Threadstarter  

I got suspended (with the option to appeal) because a buyer filed an A-to-z claim against me which put my order defect rate at 1.2%. Seller rating 98.99, 4.9 stars, 100% feedback. Not kidding. It's total nonsense.

It seems that when you have an A-to-z claim they also review your account for buyer messages and return requests also and make you give plans of actions to correct them. I have learned to just do whatever buyers say and just take the loss. Amazon doesn't seem to care what you do until an A-to-z claim and then it's like FBI detective work on your account. This is the second time, so hopefully I can get my account back this time as well.

I do use the mobile app at goodwill mostly, but it's usually garbage. I will try retail stores. I never considered them because it seems like online is always cheaper so I couldn't even break even, but we'll see.
Old 04-27-2015

Longevity: 80%

second time? as in second time for same suspension, if it is i wouldn't count on another successful appeal.

you need to take better care of amazons customers and take a look at your overall business practices to ensure they are TOP NOTCH! as you see amazon is NOT one to mess with when it comes to its customers getting the best treatment.
Old 04-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Luckily I did get it back today.
Old 04-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

You will get suspended for going over 1% odr. No matter how much you make.

Just buy 1000 iPhone screen protectors from China and sell them at break even or anything else in Electronics which is high volume.

FBA is a good suggestion if it's not a stealth account
Old 04-28-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post

Just buy 1000 iPhone screen protectors from China and sell them at break even or anything else in Electronics which is high volume.

That's probably a good tip Barry, I've just ordered a supposedly mega strong front cover for my a Galaxy S4, having broken it once by dropping it outside on the pavement. That sort of thing must happen all the time to someone somewhere who is going to be looking for strong screens.
Old 04-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post

Barry why no stealth on FBA, I have no issues. I have had accounts over 1% ODR and never been suspended. Where are you getting this information.
Old 04-29-2015
Threadstarter  

How do you sell them without a UPC code. Also, I've never been able to set my own shipping prices. It's just whatever Amazon makes it. I can't see people paying $4.99 shipping for a screen protector that's worth $1 most.
Old 04-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Barry why no stealth on FBA, I have no issues. I have had accounts over 1% ODR and never been suspended. Where are you getting this information.
My information comes from losing 5 accounts over the years all for going over 1% ODR and still being under 1.5%. One account last year was turning over 300-500K and got suspended for hitting 1.3%. Add to that years of being in this forum and people coming on with similar stories. There are exceptions and sometimes you can get away with it for a short period of time. But it's not good av oe to be telling people you will be ok going over 1% ODR becuase you won't be.

I wouldn't use FBA with stealth becuase if you get suspended Amazon often refuse to send your stock to any address other than the one resigstered. This means not only losing my money for 90 days but also all of my stock. It happened once and I won't take that chance again. I've heared you can now get them to change the address but my stock is low value with a high turnover so it's still not worth me paying them to return it.

Plenty of people on these forums have lost a lot more than me from doing FBA stealth.

Last edited by barrycruan; 04-29-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
How do you sell them without a UPC code. Also, I've never been able to set my own shipping prices. It's just whatever Amazon makes it. I can't see people paying $4.99 shipping for a screen protector that's worth $1 most.
You don't need a upc and this was just an example. There are plenty of other things you could sell.

Take the listing I've linked. It's generic so anyone can list on it. You might lose a bit of money but the amount of orders will help,protect your odr. Just be the cheapest and get the buy box and you will get an easy 50+ orders a day.

Amazon.com link

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Qualit...reen+protector
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-29-2015)
Old 04-29-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
If the item does not yet exist in Amazon catalog, you could contact the factory / producer and ask if they have a upc / ean for the item, if not you could buy your own UPC code and create your own article.

That's what I did, my item didn't exist. I did buy a UPC code (companies who sell them can be found with google search), I got mine for $5 (if you buy more you can get cheaper). Some might be recycled or still somehow linked to the company who sells them but it didn't mater to create my article on Amazon.

I created my article, added the UPC / EAN and I was good to sell my article, it is a China OEM product, but now under my own brand, description etc.

Stupid as I am, I made some mistakes in the description and changed it a few times, until I was not able to make changes and Amazon asked me to prove that I am the manufacturer of the product. They asked for the company / brand website with the article, article description and the upc to verify. Well I have my own online store, so I directed them to the store with the article and after a few hours I was good to make any changes.

Now I am selling happily my item

Not sure if any members have done it already and if they had any issues.
Old 04-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosureaboutit View Post
If the item does not yet exist in Amazon catalog, you could contact the factory / producer and ask if they have a upc / ean for the item, if not you could buy your own UPC code and create your own article.

That's what I did, my item didn't exist. I did buy a UPC code (companies who sell them can be found with google search), I got mine for $5 (if you buy more you can get cheaper). Some might be recycled or still somehow linked to the company who sells them but it didn't mater to create my article on Amazon.

I created my article, added the UPC / EAN and I was good to sell my article, it is a China OEM product, but now under my own brand, description etc.

Stupid as I am, I made some mistakes in the description and changed it a few times, until I was not able to make changes and Amazon asked me to prove that I am the manufacturer of the product. They asked for the company / brand website with the article, article description and the upc to verify. Well I have my own online store, so I directed them to the store with the article and after a few hours I was good to make any changes.

Now I am selling happily my item

Not sure if any members have done it already and if they had any issues.
I do this with every Single listing. This the only way to beat the Chinese sellers making pennies.

There is another way around this changing the listing which doesn't involve contacting Amazon.
Old 04-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Oh. I didn't know that. I have probably 1000+ iPhone 5 screen protector 3-packs from my suspended eBay account's inventory. I'll just use those. And I don't care if I make money on them.

I've found the item I can list them as. My issue is I am not allowed to change my shipping cost. Amazon automatically sets it at $4.99 which no one is going to pay. How can I change this?
Old 04-29-2015

Barry FBA, If an account is deleted you have lost everything FBA and money. If an account is suspended meaning you can log on you can get your stock returned and use any any address you wish to enter in the removal order. Regarding costing to much to return your stock, if you can wait you wait for your 90 days, once your money is released then create the removal order, if the CC is empty and the bank amazon cannot charge you.
Old 04-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Barry FBA, If an account is deleted you have lost everything FBA and money. If an account is suspended meaning you can log on you can get your stock returned and use any any address you wish to enter in the removal order. Regarding costing to much to return your stock, if you can wait you wait for your 90 days, once your money is released then create the removal order, if the CC is empty and the bank amazon cannot charge you.
As I said. What happened to me was a few years ago and it's still not worth me paying for them to Return the products. I know they have changed things with regards to the address but for a lot of people it's still not worth it.

That is however a very interesting point about the waiting 90 days and one I've not seen mentioned before. I still use fba, It's just not for me using stealth. but I think your information will be very useful to a lot of people on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
Taking The Micky (04-29-2015)