Why was I suspended??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Why was I suspended???

I know that this has been asked before on this Forum but I cannot find any useful information so I am asking it again. I set up 12 eBay/PAYPAL accounts since reading Aspkin's book last September, and I followed every step in order. I changed my IP addresses for both my Road Runner modem and my other AT&T modem - which I can change by unplugging it for 1-2 minutes. I have User Accounts for each eBay/PAYPAL account so that they have the right cookies and passwords. I used brand new phone numbers, addresses, names, email addresses - all GMail email accounts - all new bank accounts and debit cards - and I set up PAYPAL accounts with all the same information. I just had 5 of my new accounts suspended for being linked to my account that was suspended back in September. I haven't accessed that account at all since it was suspended. Also, I have changed both my IP addresses and cleared all my cookies a few times since then. So, what am I missing? They said in the notifications for all the suspensions that the accounts were linked to the old account. I just don't know how this has happened. Can they recognize my computer? Have they come up with another way to link accounts? I do check my Gmail messages and I have answered them by way of Gmail - not through eBay - without changing User Accounts or IP's - but if that is what has gotten me suspended - then they are all going to be suspended because I have done this with all of them. I realize that most people who go stealth make mistakes at first and go through a bunch of new accounts before they get it right. I just want to have some ideas of what I did that linked me to an account that I haven't accessed in 2 months and I have changed the User Account and deleted all my cookies several times since I was suspended. I just don't understand how these accounts were linked. I fully expect to log on tomorrow and find that they have suspended the rest of my accounts because I have done the same things with them as I did with the ones that were just suspended this evening. I am about done with eBay. I want to have at least one account to buy stuff with - but I want my own Internet account or accounts to sell my goods. I am tired of this game.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2008

Longevity: 89%

Ouch

Edit.. new users new flash cookies (sorry forgot that)

I will have a think and see if I can come up with a reason why

Last edited by Juicyas; 11-22-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

YES! I can definitely relate. I have done everything you stated. The same thing happened with 2 of my accounts recently. And I too answer all my ebay questions through my gmail and not through ebay. But I dont see how ebay can see that. I think there is another way that ebay is linking accounts that the stealth missed. I just make sure I transfer my money out before they are linked. I will continue to make a few more accounts, but if these get linked I too will probably be done with ebay. This is just too work to have them shut me down.
Old 11-23-2008

They can link from similar listings I suppose.. pictures the same..

How long after you made the new accounts did they shut them down?
Old 11-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You're making a mistake somewhere. The only way eBay can link accounts is by your IP Address, cookies and flash objects.

Are you 100% certain you have a brand new IP address Each time you log into a new eBay account? If you're using windows user accounts you shouldn't have to worry about cookies/flash objects. You just have to worry about your IP Address.

And yes most people don't ace eBay Stealth the first go around, but it's all there.

With one miss up, you can easily link accounts.

It might be better if you just foucs one 2-3 accounts for now and not have too much on your plate.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default gmail and answering buyer questions

I cant see the email address of buyer on gmail, like i can on hotmail, it is an ebay question, I cant just press ebay reply button can I? If I reply via gmail reply button wont ebay see it as it goes to an ebaymember address, right? I just want buers email so i can talk to them diect.
urgent!!
Old 11-23-2008
Administrator

Press reply, it'll go to their email address.
Old 11-23-2008

Do you think a competitor or past customer could be reporting you? We have followed everything to the letter and are doing ok so far, but my biggest fear is that someone will recognize my "new" identity.

The only other thing that I can think of is picture hosting. Do you have your pics hosted on your own website or a place that they could have linked you to?
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

sometimes when you reply via email, it dies goe through ebay as it will say something like "You've received an answer blah blah " .. and even though it says it came from the person's email, it would show up in the "my messages" .. so usually i dont respond to via email at all, unless i sent them out first, just to be safe.
Old 11-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It might be better if you just foucs one 2-3 accounts for now and not have too much on your plate.
I 100% agree!

I see a lot of new "Stealth" users on this forum try and create 10-50 accounts and usually we will see the famous "What Happened" ?

Unless you are very computer savvy, having more than 2 accounts or even more than 1 account can be a lot of work keeping them in play.

If you don't sell vero items or just a few of them a month and are new to using the Stealth techniques, I would recommend just starting out with one bulletproof account.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-20-2013)
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
I 100% agree!

I see a lot of new "Stealth" users on this forum try and create 10-50 accounts and usually we will see the famous "What Happened" ?

Unless you are very computer savvy, having more than 2 accounts or even more than 1 account can be a lot of work keeping them in play.

If you don't sell vero items or just a few of them a month and are new to using the Stealth techniques, I would recommend just starting out with one bulletproof account.
couldnt of said it better myself. i still dont know how i would manage more than 1 account, so i've just been taking turtle steps with 1 solid account.. then i'll take my chances with opening another
Old 11-23-2008

if u click on the respond now button in your email could that be a way to link the account? i assume so bc it takes you to ebay
Old 11-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Default A Total Blond Moment!!!

I think that I have figured out why I had 5 accounts suspended. A few days ago I paid my eBay fees. I went back and looked at the transactions and found that I had paid with the PAYPAL account I used with the old suspended eBay account. How stupid is that??? I have been so careful to be in the right User Account and I keep a running tab of IP addresses so I am pretty sure that this isn't what caused my suspensions. Especially, since the IP I used with my old suspended eBay account is gone. I reset the modem that I used exclusively with that account and I got rid of all cookies on the Firefox browser too. This is the only way they could have found me. Also, it cannot be just a coincidence that the accounts I paid fees on got suspended. The thing that surprises me is that they made the connection so fast. It hasn't been more than 3-4 days since I paid these fees. They made the connection and suspended all my accounts in 3 days. Doesn't that seem fast? Now, my kid - who got suspended last August too, set up a new eBay account with a new address, email address and phone number - and just added the new email address to his old PAYPAL account. He only accesses his new eBay account at school - or using my DSL modem - which resets the IP in about one minute after being unplugged. He is still going fine and selling very, very HOT counterfeited items. He started listing the day he first set up his account. And I get suspended for a stupid mistake!! Anyway, I appreciate everyone reading my entry and I figured that I would let you know what I decided. I did this to myself. But what this does tell me is that one slip up and you're toast. They shut me down 3 days after a slip up. It is hard to go stealth and even harder to STAY stealth. I still have several eBay/PAYPAL accounts - some I am using and some that I am not. At least this time - I did not panic like I did when I was suspended from my only account last August. What really bothers me is that new PAYPAL accounts put all payments on a 21 day hold or at least until delivery can be confirmed. They don't do this on my old account which hasn't been suspended even though the eBay account has. I have added bank accounts and Credit cards to all my new PAYPAL accounts and they say my withdrawal limit is lifted - but they still put a hold on all payments going into these accounts. So, with all the PAYPAL accounts out there, PAYPAL is making some serious money by holding our payments for a week at the very least and as long as 21 days. And eBay requires a PAYPAL account to sell. This should be illegal. Anyway, if I am wrong and eBay has linked me some other way - I cannot imagine how. I have had 2 other accounts suspended since I went stealth - a while ago, and they were somehow linked to an old eBay account that has been suspended for 6 months or more. I have no idea how they linked them. Anyway, I will be much more careful about how I pay my fees from now on. I am pretty certain that this is what happened. I will just chalk this up to a learning experience and a Blond Moment. (I am blond so I can say that.)
Old 11-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Responding to email messages

I do want to know for sure. Is it OK to REPLY to email messages that come through eBay if you use the REPLY option in GMail? I always look to see the email address and as long as it is the Buyer's - I just send my replies without resetting my modem and going to my correct User Account. I could do that but it would add just another step in doing business. Since I have been doing this for a long time with no problem - I assumed that it was OK. I never answer through eBay when I am not in the right User Account and with a good IP - but I do get in a hurry and hit REPLY when an email address for the sender is there. Does anybody else do that? If not, how do you answer all your questions for all your accounts? Do you really re-set your IP and either delete all your cookies or go to the appropriate User Account for EVERY question asked? I would like to know because I will start doing that if necessary. If that had been the reason that I got suspended recently, then ALL my accounts would have been suspended. No, I think that it was paying my eBay fees with the Old PAYPAL account. I still have about 10 accounts up and running. I have gotten the process of setting up new accounts down cold. I will continue to set up more as I get more phone numbers. I use addresses from all over town. I have come up with some really fun names too. I just set up a new one today. Do you think that by using WAMU for all my bank accounts - I will link my accounts? I cannot go to my local bank and open up a dozen accounts. Aspkin - you said that you have 30-40 eBay accounts. Do you have bank accounts attached to them? Where are they coming from? Just a thought.
Old 11-23-2008

When you apply for several bank accounts, what do you use for ID and Social Security? I don't understand how you can use your real information with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names. Do they check to be sure the SS or ID match the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2008

Send a message via MSN to delsdisaster

So that was an obvious mistake BUT i see some people seem to accept communication via email was safe. All email communication still appears to go through ebay servers, and emails ip can be checked. I would NEVER send an email from an IP address other than the one that is used for the account. I don't think you can afford to ever be too relaxed. It is for this reason I encourage buyers to email me direct and put my email address on the listing not using the @ symbol. I know ebay don't encourage communication outside of ebay, so it saves dialing up each time you answer an email.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default gmail

few mixed threads in here, but as for reply gmail button, I agree it doent feel right to reply when you cant see exactly where its going but if aspkin says press it, its good enough for me.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-23-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

When it comes to gmail, it may be just me, but has anyone noticed when Paypal Review (claims) team or something of that sort sends you an email, there is no actual sender (meaning no one to reply to). It just says sender.. Has anyone seen this?
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yes, I dont sell on more than 2 accounts simultaneously. It gets hard to sell b.c my items are popular and sell fast. I get too many sells at once and it gets confusing trying to figure things out. I just use 2 accounts at once and just let the other accounts age until I need them.
Old 11-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Default managing multiple accounts

I was juggling listings on 6 different eBay accounts because I sell a brand of jeans that is limited on eBay. In fact, you can only list 10 items per month and I had quite a few when I started out a couple months ago. I am getting out of this market though and hopefully I will find an easier, less counterfeited products to sell. For the last 3 months I have been selling off all my old inventory - but I will be out soon. I agree that life would be much simpler if I only operated 2-3 accounts at once. I still have several solid accounts and I am going to go with those. I have a bunch of others though, aging, in case I need them. It is actually comforting to know that I was just having a stupid moment and most likely got caught by paying my fees with the wrong PAYPAL account. Yes, it was very stupid but at least I KNOW why and I can do something to prevent it from happening again. I still don't know about REPLYING to email questions. I always thought that if the email address at the top was not an eBay address - then it was OK. I don't think that it links you because I would have been linked a long time ago. It only took them 3 days to link my account using my One Time PAYPAL payment. I am just about certain that this is how I was linked. I didn't pay all my fees at that time (thankfully) so I didn't lose all my accounts. Now I know to watch for everything.
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

you just never know with ebay, you just never know...
Old 11-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
I was juggling listings on 6 different eBay accounts because I sell a brand of jeans that is limited on eBay. In fact, you can only list 10 items per month and I had quite a few when I started out a couple months ago. I am getting out of this market though and hopefully I will find an easier, less counterfeited products to sell. For the last 3 months I have been selling off all my old inventory - but I will be out soon. I agree that life would be much simpler if I only operated 2-3 accounts at once. I still have several solid accounts and I am going to go with those. I have a bunch of others though, aging, in case I need them. It is actually comforting to know that I was just having a stupid moment and most likely got caught by paying my fees with the wrong PAYPAL account. Yes, it was very stupid but at least I KNOW why and I can do something to prevent it from happening again. I still don't know about REPLYING to email questions. I always thought that if the email address at the top was not an eBay address - then it was OK. I don't think that it links you because I would have been linked a long time ago. It only took them 3 days to link my account using my One Time PAYPAL payment. I am just about certain that this is how I was linked. I didn't pay all my fees at that time (thankfully) so I didn't lose all my accounts. Now I know to watch for everything.

Ah, yes 100% that's how you were linked. Paying your eBay fees with a Paypal account you used with another (suspended) ebay account will link your accounts and suspend them. Read eBay Stealth, "Why I Got Linked / Suspended" - And how to avoid it section.

And as long as you're using GMail you should be fine replying directly from it.