Happy Sunday! Limited Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Happy Sunday! Limited Account

Ok, bought the eBook, have spent the past 3 weeks researching the forums. Was able to reactive an old '98 eBay account that owed $30 in fees (didn't realize I could do that) that was never linked to my old NARU'd accounts.

Set up a Paypal account with my wife's legit info, used new address, phone, bank, cc, etc.

Even signed up for Paypal Website Payment Pro. I knew that we would go extra checks and approvals by doing so, had hoped that make it easier when we started selling. Verified and confirmed Paypal and even added SS# ahead of time.

I e-mailed Paypal Friday to let them know with the holidays coming up, we would be having a high sales volume. A rep replied yesterday stating that because we signed up for the Payment Pro and already added our Business Info, we couldn't guaruntee not having limitations, but "this mostly happens when it's a new customer with no company background and a huge spike in
sales, for example $0 to $10,000 in a week".

Only $150 in sales this week and tonight got the limitation e-mail. They want credit check address, tracking numbers, and supplier contact info. I can give all of this.

My question is, do they want just my supplier contact info or do they want invoices? They state just contact info and don't want to give them too much info in advance. Would you recommend just sending them a list of our supplier with name and phone numbers?

Since everything is fairly legit, what you think our odds are coming through this alive? Of course, have auctions ending tonight!

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Supply exactly and only what they ask you to provide. Don't be a good guy. Play them as they play you
Old 11-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Greenbean. Do you think just a printed Word doc with company names, addresses, and phone numbers would work?
Old 11-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Should be acceptable,yes.
Old 11-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I think by providing information beforehand it sets a flag up to paypal. I would never provide SSN before its needed on an account. Or inform them of high volume of sales to come. Remember, youre a new customer and shouldnt know everything theyre going to ask for before they do.

What GB said
Old 11-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Lesson learned ! I was really hoping that if they had everything upfront I could advoid any major limitations. We sell holiday decorations and just came off a $13k month in October from Halloween when we got suspended. Especially with Thanksgiving this week, I really needed as much Christmas stuff as I could this week.

Sent everything over this morning and still haven't heard anything yet. I don't even care that they are holding my money for now, but at least let me get some more items listed!
Old 11-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Well good news, the Paypal limitations have been lifted. Called and spoke to a manager. Even got a call a few minutes later from another rep to say the limitations had been lifted. But I am still getting the same message when I go to login to eBay and still can't list. Do I need to call them again or will it just take a few hours for Paypal to translate that things are ok over to eBay?
Old 11-25-2008

I would call them again. Seems like your workin them good on the phone, why stop now, right?

-HeG
Old 11-25-2008

Longevity: 95%
Default Try live chat w/ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc5700 View Post
Well good news, the Paypal limitations have been lifted. Called and spoke to a manager. Even got a call a few minutes later from another rep to say the limitations had been lifted. But I am still getting the same message when I go to login to eBay and still can't list. Do I need to call them again or will it just take a few hours for Paypal to translate that things are ok over to eBay?
--- Try the live chat with an ebay 'MONKEY' - tell them that you can't list - they should be able to help. I had the same problem a few months ago but after doing the live chat .. I was good to go and could list about an hour later. Good luck!