Suspended from Amazon - what to do with inventory - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Suspended from Amazon - what to do with inventory

I have recently been suspended from Amazon and have a question about my inventory. I have over 50000 units in the FBA Warehouse. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do with this inventory? Can I sell it to another Amazon seller? My father has also been selling on Amazon for a year (products completely different from mine, different bank, address, different everything). Can he purchase my inventory without hurting his account? Any advise would be helpful.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2015

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Suspended from Amazon - what to do with inventory

I would think it depends on what you were suspended for. If you were suspended because of the items not meeting Amazon's standards I wouldn't give to your father, just take them to ebay. If you weren't suspended because of items give your father a few at a time. If all 50000 are the same item I would have him list like 30 at a time and stagger the listings, list 30 sell 30 and wait a few days to relist again.
Old 05-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

First thing to do is get all 50k items from FBA back to you
Old 05-04-2015
Threadstarter  

We were suspended for two items not matching product detail pages. The kicker is that the listings were correct when we listed them and were changed by another seller with incorrect info at some point. Have been trying to get it resolved with Amazon but I am losing hope. Its actually approx 1500 different items totaling approx 75000 units. eBay is not really an option because it will take a lifetime to sell the units there.
Old 05-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
First thing to do is get all 50k items from FBA back to you
Am I going to have any problems getting them returned to me?
Old 05-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Your account already had a problem with it. You can sale your item with that account anymore. If you don't set them back then what are you going to do with them.

Just request them return to you and keep your finger cross
Old 05-05-2015

Longevity: 78%

That always intrigues me about Amazon. How people can just change the details of an item and then all of the sudden your product isn't valid. Like Tony said request your items and pray they send them. And sell or give them to your father to sell slowly.
Old 05-05-2015

Longevity: 77%

Your going to have a problem in that Amazon charge you to send stock back.

Have you tried using the CEOs email. Obviously you don't get to talk to Jeff but the email usually is dealt with by a more capable team than seller support.

One of my accounts has just gone down for this exact same reason and we are currently trying to fight it. I've seen people get reinstated for this so don't give up hope yet.

Last edited by barrycruan; 05-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
That always intrigues me about Amazon. How people can just change the details of an item and then all of the sudden your product isn't valid. Like Tony said request your items and pray they send them. And sell or give them to your father to sell slowly.
Only the original creator of that item can change it. People doing that to screw other sellers that list in their listed (most of the time is cheaper price)
Old 05-05-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Only the original creator of that item can change it. People doing that to screw other sellers that list in their listed (most of the time is cheaper price)

I have something like this going on at the moment with my Amazon account, I just listed some new items that have turned out to be quite popular and I had some sales. There are quite a few others selling these items, some in large quantities. I have the lowest priced items currently, each time I log in someone has reduced 2 or 3 of their items by one penny, to take the lowest priced tag off me, so I countered by matching their prices, and so it goes on, and on, and on.
Old 05-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
I have something like this going on at the moment with my Amazon account, I just listed some new items that have turned out to be quite popular and I had some sales. There are quite a few others selling these items, some in large quantities. I have the lowest priced items currently, each time I log in someone has reduced 2 or 3 of their items by one penny, to take the lowest priced tag off me, so I countered by matching their prices, and so it goes on, and on, and on.
Are you the original creator of that ASIN? If not, nothing you can do to control others
Old 05-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Best of luck getting the product back then - and WITH PRODUCT IN HAND - can you consider options
Old 05-06-2015

Longevity: 53%

Firstly you cannot sell these to another seller while they are in amazons warehouse. They are stickered with your unique identifier.
You are able to request a removal order to return them to you, this will cost you an absolute fortune.
My advice, amazon are holding your funds for 90 days, once the money is released to you then create a removal order, cancel the credit card thats on the account and empty your bank. This way amazon cannot charge you for the removal. I think the amazon charge is 15 cents per item for return.
Good luck, and when you get your stock back you will have massive task removing all the permanent stickers as if you don't and just sticker over the old ones you could get linked.
Old 05-06-2015

Send a message via Skype™ to skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmonta View Post
We were suspended for two items not matching product detail pages. The kicker is that the listings were correct when we listed them and were changed by another seller with incorrect info at some point. Have been trying to get it resolved with Amazon but I am losing hope. Its actually approx 1500 different items totaling approx 75000 units. eBay is not really an option because it will take a lifetime to sell the units there.
You were banned for that...? Doesn't make any sense why you can't get reinstated if it wasn't your fault. I really dislike Amazon. When I was selling there it was 1 strike and you are out...

At least on eBay they gave a few warnings. But even still I was banned b/c I created another accnt while my real accnt had a 7 day suspension. If eBay would've warned me not to create another accnt while I was on the 7 day suspension I don't think I would've been permanently banned. They seemed to make it clear AFTER they banned me which was kind of unfair. I was not expecting them to lay down the hammer after a few minor warnings.
Old 05-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
You were banned for that...? Doesn't make any sense why you can't get reinstated if it wasn't your fault. I really dislike Amazon. When I was selling there it was 1 strike and you are out...
Amazon is very strict - worrisome at times
Old 05-06-2015

Amazon charges start at 60p per item to return in the UK and 20p to dispose of it for you. But 15 cents is a nice thought. Again please refrain from making things up.

Last edited by barrycruan; 05-06-2015 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Amazon is very strict - worrisome at times
Yep. The same thing has happened to one of our accounts with a $600k a year turnover. Not even a warning. They just said two items don't match the product description and that's it.
Old 05-06-2015

Longevity: 55%

In my experience Amazon are only that strict if you have massive turnover, I am at the opposite end of the situation, I only have a small turnover, and when I phoned them up once about something and asked what my limits were, I didn't have any. I have been concentrating on sorting out my ebay accounts so Amazon is more of a sideline for me because listing on it can be a real pain, buying items from wholesale suppliers only to find beause an item is not already listed I can only list by creating a new item.

Creating a new item can be not worth the hassle as well, talk about going through hoops, toys and makeup are a nightmare to list, they ask for more and more info and even when it's provided the 'vital info', sign doesn't go away.
Old 05-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
Amazon charges start at 60p per item to return in the UK and 20p to dispose of it for you. But 15 cents is a nice thought. Again please refrain from making things up.
Sorry my mistake 15c for disposal 50c for return

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200685110
Old 05-06-2015

Quote:
Also Barry I did use the word "think" not "they are"
Old 05-06-2015

Quote:
Yep. The same thing has happened to one of our accounts with a $600k a year turnover. Not even a warning. They just said two items don't match the product description and that's it.
FIND THAT SO HARD TO BELIEVE, the standard e mail is below, not suspension, more must have been going on.
Hello from Amazon.

We wanted to let you know that we have received a potential customer complaint regarding
the item you are offering below. It is possible that the item you are selling does not match the
product description shown on the detail page or may not have been listed in accordance with
our Condition Guidelines:

ASIN:
Title:

Please note that at this time, no action has been taken to remove your offer on this item and
you do not need to contact us regarding this notice. However, we ask that you review your
listings and make any changes necessary to comply with our policies. You can modify your
listings in the Inventory section of Seller Central
(https://sellercentral.

Customers may complain when they receive an item different from what they were expecting
based on the product detail page - and our policies require that items offered for sale on
Amazon.com match the detail page in every respect and be listed in accordance with the
Condition Guidelines. Problems may include inaccurately listing the brand, manufacturer, UPC,
edition, binding, quantity, version, color, and condition.

Finally, please note that you cannot list an item that does not match the product detail page
even if you describe the differences in the comments. If an appropriate detail page is not
available for your product, you are welcome to create a product detail page by using our
"Create A Detail Page" service.

We want to call your attention to these policies because violations may result in the removal of
your Amazon.com selling privileges. To learn more about these policies, search "Prohibited
Seller Activities and Actions", "Product Detail Page Rules", and "Condition Guidelines" in Seller
Central Help.
Old 05-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes this has been an absolute nightmare. I was selling over 45000 units a month for over 2 years now with 100% feedback. Never an A - Z claim. Apparently any seller can take control over the items detail page at any time. Amazon determines which of the sellers take control over the details pages automatically based on an algorithm consisting of inventory levels, feedback score, seller health etc. We received two policy warnings about two asins not matching the items details page. The policy warning said to email seller support our plan of how we were going to fix these to listings. I immediately removed them from FBA inventory and stopped selling them because I saw the pages had been changed at some point. I also immediately responded to the policy warning stating we were removing them from FBA and will no longer be selling them. Then approx 2 weeks later I received a suspension notice stating we continue to list against incorrect item detail pages but the letter did not mention any new asin problems. I spoke with seller support and they told me that even though we removed them from FBA and stopped selling them, I failed to actually delete the item from our active inventory list and that triggered the suspension. Support instructed me to put that info in our appeal, which I did and was denied the appeal with the standard 'permanent action' response.

As for the two incorrect asins.....After the initial policy warning but before the suspension, we found approx 10 other listings of the same sort of item (different variations) that also had incorrect detail pages. We contacted seller support and was told that one of the sellers listed themselves as the brand owner (which was false info) and the detail page was using their detail info. In that case, seller support can not change the pages and that I would need to contact seller performance. Well I did contact seller support and they removed the brand ownership from that seller and the seller was warned that they can not list themselves as the brand owner if they are not.

So that is how I have ended up here. I have over 70000 units in the FBA warehouse valued at over $200000 in cost that will end up costing me $35000 just for FBA to return them to me. I have had a few items returned so far that I need to sell in other outlets and so far everything I have requested has come back.

I have not completely given up hope yet. I still have a few avenues to try to get through to Amazon.