Found this on another website from a paypal employee - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-24-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Found this on another website from a paypal employee

As an ex-employee of paypal I understand the frustration this company has put you through. Most of the employees who knew what they were doing have left the company because of their practices. I will check these forums when I can and assist people including giving specific complete names, work numbers, and email addresses of people to contact. For years PayPal has told their employees not to give out their last names. This is done simply to make it more difficult for you to communicate properly with the company and to make it more difficult for you to seek restitution against an individual.

The company does not make decisions on your accounts. All decisions are made by one person on the Omaha fraud team. The decision to lift the limited access on your account comes from one person in resolution services. If someone on the fraud team makes a quote "no appeals" you are done. The resolution services team will not even try to lift the limited access on your account but will continue to tell you that you need to fax in documentation.

If you already have a limited access account and want to continue to use PayPal, although I don't know why, you need to clear all of your cookies and cache and change your IP. Do not use anonymizer or other public anonymous IP's since they have a team that just reviews those logins. Your best bet is to use AOL dial up. Also all bank accounts on your account will be inactive. If you add them to your new account it immediately will be flagged and shortly will also have a limited access. Contact your bank if your account is placed on limited access and report your cards and bank accounts as lost stolen. This does 2 things. First, PayPal will not be able to debit funds from your bank account to get back any recent ach transactions. They also may attempt to debit your account if your PayPal accounts fall negative. Second, this allows you to continue banking at the same location but have a new debit card and bank account numbers.

The fraud team does use some tools that show a percentage of like information on 2 or more accounts. For instance if you have the same name one 2 accounts with the same address they will find your other account. Make certain that you use a new address, even a po box works. If you have a PO box try to get one with a different zip code, state and city. The tools they use compare the following, name, social security number, address, bank accounts, credit cards, auction id's, bank routing numbers. These also include things you attempted to add but were unsuccessful. Also if you believe you removed a bank, address, or credit card from your first account you are wrong. Members of the fraud team still see that information and will use it to link your other accounts.

The other advice I have for everyone who uses PayPal is to get your money out as soon as possible. If you are going to continue to use PayPal call them at the number above and request to have a feature called Auto Sweep turned on. This is a feature that they do not advertise but is available. This takes all the money in your account at the end of the day and automatically withdrawals it to your bank account. You need to give them your Social Security Number and also lift your withdrawal limit before they will allow this. When you call, if the rep does not know what you are talking about ask them to transfer you to a professional or look in the knowledge base under auto sweep.

Another FYI do not withdrawal more than $2500.00 in a 24 hour period or over a weekend. You may hit the ques and invite someone to place a limited access on your account. If you withdrawal more than $5000.00 in a 24 period you will also hit a que and they will look at your account. There are also another 50-100 ques that can flag your account. I will not go into detail since they are in place to protect consumers and actually work.

If any of you have had problems with a single employee please post their name and what department they are in and I will respond with their full name and phone number if know them. If you have to contact a person directly at PayPal most employees email addresses are their first initial last name @paypal.com.

One other thing, when you try to send a payment via credit card and you are not given that option it is because of a thing called the risk model. Usually it is a high risk transaction and you or the seller have entered some type of fraud que.

I hope this information helps each and every one of you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GREMLIN For This Useful Post:
Giuseppe (11-24-2008), oompaloompa (11-24-2008)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2008

Wow, usually when I see these kind of posts I think "yea, just another posser" But this guy seems to know his stuff. I could use him on my side.
Old 11-24-2008

Thanks for the great post. I think we all know the name, address, etc, but the routing number isn't something that I knew was part of the logic.
Old 11-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Good information, it confirms a lot about PayPal that's in eBay Stealth.
Old 11-24-2008

Longevity: 94%

I don't believe it's a Paypal employee. Most advanced members on this forum could write all that...
Old 11-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I have seen that story a few times over the years...

The part that I can not for the life of me believe is the Bank Routing Numbers part.
We all know who Bank Of America is... Right?
Do you realize that BOA has 1 routing number per state?
So everyone in Illinois has the same routing number but a different account number.
So I guess in essence everyone in Illinois is linked?
Give me a break on that one...
Old 11-24-2008

This is good stuff to know! Thank you! That being said, is their anyway around trying to verify your SS#?
Old 11-24-2008

I was able to have my limits removed by just adding a bank account # and a credit card..
Old 11-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I have seen that story a few times over the years...

The part that I can not for the life of me believe is the Bank Routing Numbers part.
We all know who Bank Of America is... Right?
Do you realize that BOA has 1 routing number per state?
So everyone in Illinois has the same routing number but a different account number.
So I guess in essence everyone in Illinois is linked?
Give me a break on that one...
Take everything you read on the Internet with a grain of salt.
Old 11-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

I read on the internet that Hitler is doing a 1 off gig with Elvis and Buddy Holly.
Marilyn will be serving behind the bar.
I read it on the internet so it must be true.....
Old 11-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink

I read paypal is really great for everyone to use.
It was on the internet so I know it is true.

Did you know that Hitler is supposed to have had only one testicle? That true
fact was on the internet as well.
Old 11-25-2008

Since I am reading what GreenBean and Here We Go Again on the Internet and everything on the internet is true, then that means whatever they say must be true
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

True true ...........lol :D

Yeh your right modee thats where i found the post from. read it and thought i should share it. Then we can leave it down to trusted people like yourself to guide and point us in the right direction.

If im not wrong i think the way the sorting code or routing number work in the uk is by pointing to a certain branch of the bank or city. I say this as i was a insurance salesman,in the days, and noticed that many banks had diff sort codes and could only link this to the customers comming from diff citys. So what the post states at the top is deff incorrect regarding routing numbers as theres 100's and 1000's of people who have the same sort code so paypal would be limiting everyone.

cheers
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairah View Post
The tools they use compare the following, name, social security number, address, bank accounts, credit cards, auction id's, bank routing numbers. These also include things you attempted to add but were unsuccessful. Also if you believe you removed a bank, address, or credit card from your first account you are wrong. Members of the fraud team still see that information and will use it to link your other accounts.

What he's saying is they use similar information to link accounts. Routing numbers are just 1 way to confirm if something else has matched as well.

Obviously they don't write off a whole routing number as suspended if someone using that specific number has been banned.
Old 11-25-2008

yeah this is fairly old, i read it a while back and even then i knew most of the info
Old 11-29-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Take everything you read on the Internet with a grain of salt.
So that website where it said 9/11 was caused by Jews who put mini hydrogen bombs at the base of the tower and George Bush is an alien aren't true?
Old 11-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
So that website where it said 9/11 was caused by Jews who put mini hydrogen bombs at the base of the tower and George Bush is an alien aren't true?
NO! NO! NO! ....
That is true... LOL