What's good to buy on ebay today? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default What's good to buy on ebay today?

Can't find a thing to buy on ebay. Well I could, but that would take a LOOOONG time and I just want to start offering buy it now again. Any ideas for cheap stuff that WON'T get me kicked off? All the ebook sellers put "ebook" in their auction and no private auctions! Need some good suggestions!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2007

Longevity: 97%

I bought a $2 sound card yesterday ($7 total). I emailed the guy to change my address and he did with no problem. I don't really need a sound card but it was under priced and I could probably flip it for a $5 profit. Get 2 feedbacks for 1. I guess I'll be doing stuff like that until I become "stable".

Just to share, I made my first new account yesterday. I used:

1. Fancy new IP address

2. New email address from Gmail. I'm using pop3 with a free client called Popcorn that only shows in plain text.

2. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name & birthday

3. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address about 5 miles away from here. I Mapquested a random address on a street I knew of and choose the real address they recommended. It's a street full of tourists and college kids so if something does get mailed it will most likely be thrown away or kept.

4. Free incoming phone number from aimphoneline.com However, now I am forced to run AIM all the time. grrr

5. Virtual Visa from Simon: https://www.simon.com/giftcard/order...?giftaccount=1 I bought the card as a virtual gift. I used my real info to buy it but used my new ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity as the receiver. I got the card in my email in about 24 hours. Went to the site to activate it and registered the card with my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. This worked perfectly for both signing up for Ebay and identity verification for a selling account.

When I came home from work today, I had 1 bid. First time in 5 days I smiled. Hay, who knows, I may get shut down. But what doesn't kill us will only makes us stronger.

Also, as for the bank account (not used yet), I signed up online for a second free checking account with my bank. I had the account number immediately after registering. It also showed up in my online banking right after that. I just transfered $100 from my checking and then it was activated. It was easy. I have Wachovia Bank. But I bet other banks have this online option too.

Tip:
Anyone looking for a good temp file and cookie cleaner should use ccleaner.com I've used it for years and we also use it on customer's computers at work. It really is the best, and free.
Old 08-02-2007
Threadstarter  

coopster, question for you about the ccleaner. I was warned by someone who does tech support for a living that it might mess up your system if not used properly. I guess the key is "properly" What settings do you recommend and did this guy know what he was talking about or just trying to sell me on something? There's a setting on here for cleaning registry too. I'm not sure on that one. If you have any tips to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Old 08-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
coopster, question for you about the ccleaner. I was warned by someone who does tech support for a living that it might mess up your system if not used properly. I guess the key is "properly" What settings do you recommend and did this guy know what he was talking about or just trying to sell me on something? There's a setting on here for cleaning registry too. I'm not sure on that one. If you have any tips to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Sure no problem. I've used it, honestly, on over 1000 Windows machines running every OS and it never, ever, ever, let me down. Same with the registry cleaner. I've used that each time too and it never caused any problems. Even when there were 500+ registry errors ccleaner worked perfectly and I've never had a system crash for it. It is really rare these days for software to be that stable and effective.

As for tips:
- Run in safe mode, the first time, to get the best results. Do this from time to time.
- Check off all the boxes under Windows and Applications
- Under options - advanced, uncheck everything except "hide warning messages"
- Under options - settings, check "run ccleaner when computer starts"
- You could turn on secure file deletion. But until the Epal police knock on my door I don't need it.
- Tools has a built in msconfig that actually removes the entry from the registry rather then just unchecking the box.
- There's a "add/remove programs" tool but it's nothing special
- Finally, for the reg cleaner, keep cleaning until it shows 0 errors. It may take 3 or more times.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-02-2007
Threadstarter  

I've run the CCleaner, ATF cleaner, and "something else" cleaner (can't remember right now) previously and now am having problems with Firefox stalling frequently. Whether it has anything to do with that I don't know but the problem did start not long after the cleaning. I just downloaded Opera a few days ago and it runs MUCH more smoothly. Do you run firefox and do you have any idea what it might have done to it, and possibly which cleaner could have done it? The "stall" usually happen in the form of firefox giving me a "not responding" error and then the page goes blank while *something* processes in the background. What, I don't know. But I do know that the windows task manager usually shows 150-400K on a regular basis and Opera doesn't get much above 100K. It's very weird. I mean I know firefox is a resource hog, but this is a little out of hand.

Do you have any thoughts on this and how it might relate to any particular cleaner, what to check for, what to check off, or settings to reset? Thanks
Old 08-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I've run the CCleaner, ATF cleaner, and "something else" cleaner (can't remember right now) previously and now am having problems with Firefox stalling frequently. Whether it has anything to do with that I don't know but the problem did start not long after the cleaning. I just downloaded Opera a few days ago and it runs MUCH more smoothly. Do you run firefox and do you have any idea what it might have done to it, and possibly which cleaner could have done it? The "stall" usually happen in the form of firefox giving me a "not responding" error and then the page goes blank while *something* processes in the background. What, I don't know. But I do know that the windows task manager usually shows 150-400K on a regular basis and Opera doesn't get much above 100K. It's very weird. I mean I know firefox is a resource hog, but this is a little out of hand.

Do you have any thoughts on this and how it might relate to any particular cleaner, what to check for, what to check off, or settings to reset? Thanks

I'd hate to piss off the mods here by keeping off topic but the tech in me has to help

Stalling is usually caused by corrupted plugins or ad-ons launching when the browser first loads. Disable or uninstall those. If you haven't already, uninstall Firefox, reboot in safe mode, run ccleaner, reboot in normal mode, and reinstall Firefox.

You can also download Firefox portable (google it) and run it from a flash drive. If that works, just copy it to your c drive and make a shortcut. Some problems are best avoided then fixed. Of course, my favorite, just format and reinstall Windows and that will fix just about anything :-)

Can't say for sure if the cleaners caused it though.
Old 08-02-2007
Banned

If im not mistaken i believe Paypal banks with Wachovia Bank
Old 08-02-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
Sure no problem. I've used it, honestly, on over 1000 Windows machines running every OS and it never, ever, ever, let me down. Same with the registry cleaner. I've used that each time too and it never caused any problems. Even when there were 500+ registry errors ccleaner worked perfectly and I've never had a system crash for it. It is really rare these days for software to be that stable and effective.

As for tips:
- You could turn on secure file deletion. But until the Epal police knock on my door I don't need it.
- Tools has a built in msconfig that actually removes the entry from the registry rather then just unchecking the box.
- Finally, for the reg cleaner, keep cleaning until it shows 0 errors. It may take 3 or more times.

Hope that helps.

Yep I have been using that for a year now, and i do the same thing. Works great for me!
Old 08-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
If im not mistaken i believe Paypal banks with Wachovia Bank

eww, I see that as a problem long term
Old 08-08-2007

Longevity: 96%
Unhappy CCleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post

As for tips:
- Run in safe mode, the first time, to get the best results. Do this from time to time.

Hope that helps.
I hate to say this but if you're not a computer wizard (and I must say I'm not but I do understand quite a bit about how everything works...) CCleaner will in the long run damage your system. My sister sent it to me last year along with a numer of other programs to run. I used for a while without problems. I even ran the clean registry however, eventually stuff started to fo missing. I couldn't login to some sites and my system became corrupted. As it as an old system and still running Windows 2000, I eventually found that it wasn't worth repairing and had to invest in a brand new computer. Not exactly what I had planned when I girst used ccleaner. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you're either an IT expert or if an amateur take care as you may end up like me...
Old 08-08-2007
Banned

jointheclub,

I have never ever had a problem with ccleaner nor has anyone else installed it for
Old 08-09-2007

Sorry you had ongoing problems with the software. I've used it many times on Win2000 without a hitch. However, I've never used it on the same 2000 system more than once or twice. I can say for sure though that continued use on XP or Vista is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jointheclub View Post
I hate to say this but if you're not a computer wizard (and I must say I'm not but I do understand quite a bit about how everything works...) CCleaner will in the long run damage your system. My sister sent it to me last year along with a numer of other programs to run. I used for a while without problems. I even ran the clean registry however, eventually stuff started to fo missing. I couldn't login to some sites and my system became corrupted. As it as an old system and still running Windows 2000, I eventually found that it wasn't worth repairing and had to invest in a brand new computer. Not exactly what I had planned when I girst used ccleaner. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you're either an IT expert or if an amateur take care as you may end up like me...