Can you guys double check if I'm going to do this right? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Can you guys double check if I'm going to do this right?

So my old, legitimate eBay account and Paypal accounts (one personal and one business) went in the red and stayed that way, so are suspended and not usable again. This happened a little over a year ago.

I'm looking to open a new eBay and Paypal account. I would very much appreciate it if you guys could look over my plan and make sure I'm doing everything right to get an operational, verified eBay / Paypal set up again.

Since I lost my previous accounts I have:
Moved to a new address
Got a new cell phone number
Got a new ID in a different state

Here is my plan:

1. Open a new windows user account that is solely for the new eBay and PP set up.

2. Open a new email address. I'm thinking I'll use my real last name with a variation on my middle name as my first name.

3. Open a Paypal account with this email address.

4. Open an eBay account with this email address.

I'm a little unsure about what all I will need to verify my PP account. I no longer have a bank account, and I'm not sure that I would be able to open one. I do have a Green Dot Reloadable Debit card with direct deposit. I'm thinking that I can do this:

5. Use the direct deposit ACH number of my Green Dot card as my linked and confirmed bank account

6. Use my new cell phone to verify my Paypal account

I believe in the past, I have had to scan and send Paypal my ID. If I have to again, I have a new ID from a different state. Will this be okay, or will PP know that my new ID is the same person from the old accounts that are suspended?

I provided my SSN when I signed up for the Green Dot card. Will PP be able to get that info from Green Dot and link it to me?

Does Paypal require my SSN to be verified? If so, I'm thinking that I will sign up for an EIN to provide instead. Is this necessary and will my solution work if so?

Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you guys so much for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can you guys double check if I'm going to do this right?

My dumb ass just realized that the Green Dot card I currently have is registered in my real name.

Will it work to verify the bank account on my new PP account to get a new Green Dot re-loadable card and register it with the name I'm signing up for eBay, PP, and gmail? Since I have to use my SSN when I register the Green Dot card, will it not work to use an altered name?
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

Doesnt matter if your bank acct is in your real name...it has to be, and Paypal cant see that. However, you may run into issues trying to use greendot as a bank acct on paypal.
Old 05-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, thank you. My other option besides Green Dot / other reloadable prepaid cards is to try to get a Second Chance checking account. I'm looking into it, and Etrade Brokerage seems like a decent choice. Does anyone know if that will work okay and if it is a good option?
Old 05-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay... here is where I now stand, and want to double check things before opening a PP account and doing something that will get it banned.

I have opened a checking account with E-Trade Brokerage.

I have obtained an EIN using my current address and real information, and with the business name that I intend to use for my PP account (we'll call it ABCDE1).

I have started a Gmail account with a new email address for use with PP and eBay.

I have created a new user profile on my computer solely for PP and eBay.

To be clear, my goal is to simply have a single, usable PP and eBay account for selling and occasional buying. I cannot however, use my real info due to previous suspensions.

Next I will:

1 - Open a PP account. I will be able to verify it by confirming my bank account, EIN, and using my new cell phone number

2 - Open an eBay account.

3 - Get to work.
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 68%

Etrade doesn't work anymore.
Old 05-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Greendot's do not work, not sure why this hasn't been said already.
Old 05-11-2015
Threadstarter  

So what does work? Ideally I would like to have a checking account that I can also access my funds from. It would have to be a second chance kind though.
Old 05-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

There are about 10,000 threads on this topic but the major banks like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, PNC, some Credit Unions. Try the search function and search for your bank or banks nearby you. There a lot of banks that work with mismatch name deposits. Please stay away from cards like Greendot, Metabank.....your just playing Russian Roulette with your money.
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, I'm revising my plan some here. I got a GoBank account to use. I realized that when I signed up for my EIN, I chose the sole proprietor option. I believe I have read that this will not work. What is the simplest EIN option to sign up for that will work for a PP stealth account?

Thanks again for you help guys.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
Okay, I'm revising my plan some here. I got a GoBank account to use.
And will you be doing matching name deposits or mismatch name deposits with this GOBank? and if your doing mismatch name deposits, are you sure it will let you deposit/withdraw the funds?
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I am not sure if it will be an issue to do mismatch name deposits.

I am okay with doing matching name deposits, so long as it doesn't link me to my old account.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am not sure if it will be an issue to do mismatch name deposits.

I am okay with doing matching name deposits, so long as it doesn't link me to my old account.
I don't think you understood what I said, If you don't know whether GoBank works with mismatch name deposits, your gonna want to test it out. If you. I would recommend you do a test deposit and see if you can withdraw the funds.
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I will test it out if I have to. What I was saying is that unless there is some other potential problem, I can just do matched name deposits. I believe from my reading that the name is not the issue with eBay and PP linking accounts, right?
Old 07-08-2015

You'll be at a higher risk, but the likelihood of a match solely based on name is not common unless you're creating multiple accounts within a short period of time (this is just a theory though).

What is your sales volume? The reason I ask this is because I was in the same boat as you. Create a stealth account, everything was running smoothly, then got hit with a limitation due to my volume of sales. This is the 200/$20k email you may have read about here. If PP accepts nearly 200 sales transaction, they'll limit your account. If they project that you'll make over $20k in sales, they'll limit your account. This only applies if you don't attach an SSN to the account. This is for tax purposes, so they can report the necessary taxes an attach link them to you.

I suppose a sidebar question is, if you attach an EIN with true information (your real SSN/Name), will PP link you based on that? I don't know the answer to this one. Sometimes when upgrading to a business account, it asks for your SSN. I've read that you can enter the EIN in both places (EIN and SSN fields) and people have claimed this to work.
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, I am seemingly up and running, and have listed one test item. To answer the question above, my volume is not very high. I'm not looking to be a full time eBay seller or anything. I just screwed up my account before, and am looking for one (maybe a second if need be, but can't imagine using more than 2 per year at 200/20k) functioning account for clearing junk that I don't want but still has some value out of my house.

I have another question or two about avoiding being linked, now that I'm up and running. How much can eBay's cookies see? I have a separate user account on my home laptop that I will use solely for my new stealth eBay account. However, I'm wondering this: If I use my work computer to check my new eBay account, will eBay know if I am signed into the Google account of my old account (banned account used primary email address that I still use for everyday email). Does being signed into Chrome with the email address of my banned account show up in cookies that Google has access to, making it so that they link my old email address to my new eBay account? Just to be clear, I have never logged into my banned eBay nor banned Paypal account on my work computer.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 48%

If I may ask, why the new windows user?
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

To ensure that all cookies and any other data that eBay and PP may have collected during the time which my old eBay and PP accounts were used on the main user account isn't found and used to link to my new eBay and PP accounts when I sign in. Creating a new user profile ensures this won't happen.
Old 12-01-2015

Quote:
To ensure that all cookies and any other data that eBay and PP may have collected during the time which my old eBay and PP accounts were used on the main user account isn't found and used to link to my new eBay and PP accounts when I sign in. Creating a new user profile ensures this won't happen.
Sounds smart.
If you have 10 stealths, you have a PC with 10 users? :P + your normal
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

I believe that is what everyone here does... Though I really only want one account.
Old 12-10-2015

Longevity: 61%

I have a question: when a deposit is made to bank does the PP "business name" appear to the bank or the real registered mismatch PP name?
Old 12-11-2015

The mismatched name will be visible for the bank