Calling To Raise Selling Limits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Calling To Raise Selling Limits

I don't like ever calling eBay, PayPal or Amazon as I feel it just gives them the opportunity to Sherlock Holmes your account. I have 4 stealth eBay accounts all at 5/500. I'm glad to have them, but $2K/month isn't going to cut it.

How much do they scrutinize you when you call in? I haven't asked for selling limits since my first account (which was suspended) so it's been a while.

One issue I see that I'm sure I will be asked about is I didn't register with a person's name. It looks more like a business name. I'm not going to say what it is but it's similar to registering with a name like Flashy Shoes.

Do I need to change this to a real name before calling, or just have stealth info. made up beforehand in case they ask?
The Following User Says Thank You to usastrat For This Useful Post:
ANGUI (09-21-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Calling To Raise Selling Limits

If they cannot find you on the database, depending on the rep, they would ask for ID or documents or they would just lift your limits if it has been a month with selling history. How old are your accounts?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-13-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2015
Threadstarter  

they are all from march - early april. They are all over 30 days old and they all have selling history. As in I've listed several items on each. I don't think every account has sold something, but they've all had several items listed on them.
Old 05-13-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

In all honestly I've only had one rep really dig deep into my account when I called in.

It really depeneds on how your able to speak (i.e confidently answering questions). Knowing what they will ask ahead of time is a huge bonus but you obviously have to call in to know what they will ask.

Its never wise to as it opens up the possibility to ahve your account scrutinized. I myself call in for raises frequently but am more than confident in all my responses (i know what they will ask me everytime) I also keep a notebook near so if they ask something I don't already know like "whats your birthday" you HAVE to write it down.

This is where you can get caught because when they ask questions like this its stored in their system so if you call in again and you "forget your birthday" your accounts history.

Usually after after 4-5 months of selling with good feedback and sales you can call in and have no issue.

What happens if they ask for database questions still ??......

All I say is when I opened the account the rep told me she couldn't intially find me in the database since I recently moved apartments and haven't had a permanant living situation for a couple years now. 6 months is the general rule for your address repopulating in the database.

Once you get one raise you can just piggy back your response if they ever ask for database questions as you can say well I already got the limit raise before so there shouldn't be a problem etc..

Again this is all still risky because your not me and what works for me might not for you.

Good luck
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
access0ner (10-05-2015), FANBASE2 (07-08-2019), GhostOfAmazon (05-13-2015), kittylove (06-08-2015), Nikez87 (02-22-2017), Romeo37 (06-11-2015)
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

gotta ask ghost he is the king of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015
Threadstarter  

so what kind of stuff do they ask?

i called in several times with my now-suspended account, but that was years ago and I wasn't worried about anything they asked so I didn't bother to remember any of it.

also for my address I am using the physical address of a post office and my pox number instead of just po box #

so

123 ⊗⊗⊗⊗ st #100

instead of PO BOX 100. This is fine for the post office. Will eBay get suspicious of this?
The Following User Says Thank You to usastrat For This Useful Post:
Romeo37 (06-11-2015)
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
How much do they scrutinize you when you call in? I haven't asked for selling limits since my first account (which was suspended) so it's been a while.

Do you recall in summer when you were on vacation & did something REALLY bad at the park? Your Mom questioned you like you were a crim?

ebay can do that. It's a choice to ponder most carefully.

Your other issue is changing info on an account. That flags it so be careful of what you do there.

May I suggest selling to your limits for say 3 months & seeing if increases occur without the dread of a call in.

Good Luck.

Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
gotta ask ghost he is the king of this.
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but it looks like solefoodbk beat me to it.

Emphasis mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk
In all honestly I've only had one rep really dig deep into my account when I called in.

It really depeneds on how your able to speak (i.e confidently answering questions). Knowing what they will ask ahead of time is a huge bonus but you obviously have to call in to know what they will ask.

Its never wise to as it opens up the possibility to ahve your account scrutinized. I myself call in for raises frequently but am more than confident in all my responses (i know what they will ask me everytime) I also keep a notebook near so if they ask something I don't already know like "whats your birthday" you HAVE to write it down.

This is where you can get caught because when they ask questions like this its stored in their system so if you call in again and you "forget your birthday" your accounts history.

Usually after after 4-5 months of selling with good feedback and sales you can call in and have no issue.

What happens if they ask for database questions still ??......

All I say is when I opened the account the rep told me she couldn't intially find me in the database since I recently moved apartments and haven't had a permanant living situation for a couple years now. 6 months is the general rule for your address repopulating in the database.

Once you get one raise you can just piggy back your response if they ever ask for database questions as you can say well I already got the limit raise before so there shouldn't be a problem etc..

Again this is all still risky because your not me and what works for me might not for you.
Great advice all around. I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who's realized calling eBay is NOT the end of the world. The only additional piece of advice I would add is to have some low-risk product stock prepped for the rep. I usually call in on day 1 and when they ask about my inventory I tell them I'm about to move and I'm getting rid of my personal collection of (books, old comics, baby clothes, etc). Doesn't matter what it is, but the bottom line is this:

I'm basically giving the rep the impression that I'm just a newbie trying to get rid of some stuff lying around my house. Also important to note is that I have A LOT of stuff I need to get rid of in a certain time period---because of my large library of books that I want to sell before I move---this enables the rep to feel empathy
"Hey, this guy is just trying to get some extra room and cash before he moves. He needs the limit increase, I'm going to help him out!"

eBay reps are just people like you and me. They have a job to do, and they're trying to make a living so they can pay rent and put food on the table for themselves and their family, just like the rest of us. They aren't some all-knowing evil monster hell-bent on destroying your business----they are simply doing their jobs as best they can. As long as you seem like a regular joe just trying to do a little business on eBay, you'll be fine.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (09-29-2015), alphaversa (12-18-2015), Cloak_d (01-09-2016), funnymacaco (04-26-2017), gleemdev (02-18-2017), james13v (06-12-2015), JerzIsBack (06-29-2020), killakk (05-16-2015), kittylove (06-08-2015), linklondon281 (03-26-2016), monkeyspankz (11-04-2015), nerdydood (10-02-2015), sadik.amine22@gmail.com (12-07-2018), solefoodbk (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015

Another thing to always remember is if you have a bad feeling about a rep you NEED to get off the call before you ask for a limit increase. Its all about feeling out the rep, some are in good moods, some are in bad moods, some are just normal (like ghost said their human lol).

This is important because if they are having a bad day they might just "feel like" answering you questions that aren't typically asked.

Another BIG difference when calling in is the India reps follow a script, the reps from the USA don't. This is a pretty big factor that can either play in your favor or end your account
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
galigusso (07-17-2015), kittylove (06-08-2015)
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Another thing to always remember is if you have a bad feeling about a rep you NEED to get off the call before you ask for a limit increase. Its all about feeling out the rep, some are in good moods, some are in bad moods, some are just normal (like ghost said their human lol).

This is important because if they are having a bad day they might just "feel like" answering you questions that aren't typically asked.

Another BIG difference when calling in is the India reps follow a script, the reps from the USA don't. This is a pretty big factor that can either play in your favor or end your account
Great point. To add a little detail, my personal experience has been as follows:

The rep answers the phone and asks who they are speaking to, I respond "John Doe", and then ask them how their day is....the response is crucial. If they seem to answer in a light-hearted way and say their day is going well, much like you'd expect a friend to respond, you're in the clear. But if they seem curt and abrupt in their response, GTFO. Drop your phone and then yell at it from 2 feet away to make it sound like you have a bad connection, then hang up.

DO NOT just hang up without any warning---this will tip them off.

Like sole said: if they are having a bad day, they can make your day bad too. In my personal experience, this is rare---usually, the worst I'll get is a low-limit increase (20% or so) and once in while a denial for an increase (just call in later). Only once have I been requested for documents, and this was AFTER he raised my limits 500%. (Documents required for future increases)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
access0ner (10-05-2015), allster101 (05-15-2015), alphaversa (12-18-2015), belibeliny (10-31-2016), CherryBex (08-14-2015), kittylove (06-08-2015), linklondon281 (03-26-2016), NewYork (09-19-2015), Nikez87 (02-22-2017), Play (06-06-2015), tomytomy (12-06-2019), write (09-05-2015)
Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 78%

How long are the waits on the phone? That is what bugs me. THE LONG WAIT for someone to answer.
Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggots View Post
How long are the waits on the phone? That is what bugs me. THE LONG WAIT for someone to answer.
Typically 5 to 10 minutes, on average, for me.

What I do is just put my phone on speaker and continue working on my laptop while I wait.

There are probably times during the day eBay is less busy, solefood might have info on that, but I'm not sure myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
write (09-05-2015)
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Also if your going to call then remember to note down some personal info on your stealth identity, like if your not prepared a simple question like how old are you can stump you

Not only have the birth date ready but calculate your actual age lol

I remember I called one time back in the day and the rep asked how old I was and I was like ummmm.... :D
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
access0ner (10-05-2015), danbyrd (11-08-2015), destinypure (05-28-2017), Haidukken (06-07-2015), Packattack12 (12-06-2015), prodigyace (12-11-2019), SM2015 (06-30-2015), write (08-27-2015)
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post

I remember I called one time back in the day and the rep asked how old I was and I was like ummmm.... :D
Ever since I went past 18, I've had trouble answering this in real life.
I'm like .... 22? 24? Oh ****, no, that was couple of years ago! Sometimes I don't even know how old my gf is, for real.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (12-06-2015)
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Also if your going to call then remember to note down some personal info on your stealth identity, like if your not prepared a simple question like how old are you can stump you

Not only have the birth date ready but calculate your actual age lol

Yes, as solefoodbk stated previously:

Quote:
I myself call in for raises frequently but am more than confident in all my responses (i know what they will ask me everytime) I also keep a notebook near so if they ask something I don't already know like "whats your birthday" you HAVE to write it down.
If you sound confident, and answer their questions (and they WILL ask for your birthday) you'll get a limit increase 90% of the time, ASSUMING your seller account is in order (good DSR ratings, good feedback, no claims, etc).
Old 06-07-2015
Banned

Calling in to raise limits is super easy doable.
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Calling in to raise limits is super easy doable.
Agreed.

Do you have any specific tips to share with other members? This is becoming our "How To Call For Increased Selling Limits on eBay" thread.
Daisy Tran (07-01-2020)
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 60%

You guys should also include how you created you ebay accounts ie business or personal.
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usastrat View Post
I don't like ever calling eBay, PayPal or Amazon as I feel it just gives them the opportunity to Sherlock Holmes your account. I have 4 stealth eBay accounts all at 5/500. I'm glad to have them, but $2K/month isn't going to cut it.

One issue I see that I'm sure I will be asked about is I didn't register with a person's name. It looks more like a business name. I'm not going to say what it is but it's similar to registering with a name like Flashy Shoes.

Do I need to change this to a real name before calling, or just have stealth info. made up beforehand in case they ask?
Calling gives the best results and i've never had a problem increasing selling limits. They are much more generous over the phone. They've never asked me anything that made me lose my cool or anything to suggest they were in anyway interested in the nature of my account. Called 10+ times over many accounts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjscruff For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-08-2015), ManaKill (11-07-2016)
Old 06-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscruff View Post
Calling gives the best results and i've never had a problem increasing selling limits. They are much more generous over the phone. They've never asked me anything that made me lose my cool or anything to suggest they were in anyway interested in the nature of my account. Called 10+ times over many accounts
Thats not 100% accurate.

Getting a limit increase "naturally" from a bot can triple/quadruple your account limits.

Calling in to get a raise you will only ever see a doubled increase IF you hitting your limits. Now say if you have 1000/20,000 limits, yes a doubled increase is huge but a natural bump could be something like 3,500/60,000 instead of 2000/20000
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thats not 100% accurate.

Getting a limit increase "naturally" from a bot can triple/quadruple your account limits.

Calling in to get a raise you will only ever see a doubled increase IF you hitting your limits. Now say if you have 1000/20,000 limits, yes a doubled increase is huge but a natural bump could be something like 3,500/60,000 instead of 2000/20000
To add to what solefoodbk has stated, the BIGGEST advantage to calling is the time.

I'd rather have a 75% increase today than a 300% increase in 3 months. Keep in mind you can call and request limit increases every 25 days, NOT once a month, as is the common myth. So while I may get a lower increase, I keep getting these "low" increases every 25 days, and the limit increases compound, resulting in larger and larger selling limits.

Yes, Rep increases are typically less than the "automatic" ones, but when you call and request increases, you can get an increase that day, instead of waiting an indefinite amount of time. That's the biggest advantage.
Old 06-09-2015

Longevity: 77%

I call in and it does depend on the Rep.. I feel like anyone overseas will NOT give you a raise, but Ive had luck with someone that is American.. Usually in my case I can get a male to give me limits before the female reps ..