$ limit goes up for each feedback received? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default $ limit goes up for each feedback received?

Is this how it works with Amazon? I just got my first rating on my new account. Does my selling limit go higher with each one or is it after I get my first review?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: $ limit goes up for each feedback received?

Since when amazon have selling limit?
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon does not impose selling limits. If they feel that you are selling too much and they are at risk, they may talk to you about a "rolling reserve" which means that a certain percentage of your sales are held for a certain period of time to cover any chargebacks or refunds that may occur. It RARELY happens, but it DID happen to me on one account that started to get a high sales volume.

Amazon LOVES to see positive feedback, but I think they now understand that heir customers just don't normally leave feedback. I say this because they seem to have calmed down about feedback since they have implemented their "Account Health" dashboard.

Now, it is very important to ship the same day or the next day, enter tracking numbers on ALL sales and answer any customer inquiries or complaints within 24 hours. On eBay, you can ignore customers who ask questions if you think they are idiotic. On Amazon you cannot do that without seriously risking your account.

Also important are to keep refunds to a minimum, to always be professional in your communications with both their customers AND their employees AND to avoid any A-Z claims. If your product is yours alone, it is also important to avoid negative reviews - especially as far as product QUALITY is concerned. Amazon hates shoddy products almost as much as they hate counterfeits.

Professional sellers tend to do OK on Amazon. Kids trying to make a few extra bucks (due to unprofessional demeanors), dropshippers, counterfeiters and lazy sellers tend to have a lot more problems. Not that a professional seller is GUARANTEED not to have problems, it still happens of course, but you can lessen the risk by being a true sales professional.

For example, if a customer sends a message through Amazon that they are not happy, you should IMMEDIATELY send a message to them apologizing, offering a replacement or a refund (give the customer the choice) and ALWAYS be professional and polite, even if the customer is a raving lunatic.

That does not mean caving in to unreasonable demands! If the customer messages you that she wanted that book for her child's birthday and it arrived damaged, so her kid was disappointed and she wants $5,000 as compensation, you can politely refuse. Yes, that HAS happened to me! The trick is to maintain your cool at ALL TIMES. Let the customer be the unreasonable one. Amazon will see that if they review the situation. And as bad as Amazon can be toward sellers, under no circumstances are they going to demand that you pay a customer $5,000 (or even $50) for their disappointment.

One situation that happens frequently on Amazon when a buyer is unhappy, is they want to return an item. Before you can answer them, they send it back by overnight express mail with signature required and they expect you to reimburse them for their postage costs. I always decline, telling them that I will reimburse them or the cost of first class (or whatever is appropriate) shipping ONLY. This will upset them GREATLY as their aim was to punish you financially for their disappointment. Just be polite but firm and let them take their case to Amazon. The one exception to this would be if you sold them a counterfeit, then you might ant to avoid the extra scrutiny. But if your account is "clean" there is no need to accede to unreasonable demands.

So, don't worry about sales limits. HOWEVER, you should have more than one account. That was, if one DOES get shut down, your business does not totally grind to a halt.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
alexchang (08-11-2015), BangkokBetty (01-08-2016), jboone733 (05-16-2015), MrPorter (10-26-2015), okay (07-16-2015), RosieTosie (05-16-2015), rsot (05-18-2015)
Old 05-17-2015

Longevity: 51%

There isn't really a selling limit on amazon but I recommend you spreading your sales throughout multiple accounts just in case if it goes down, you wont be screwed out of your money.
Old 05-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

$750 in 30 days triggers an account review.
Old 05-18-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
$750 in 30 days triggers an account review.
I believe this is old information. Staying under $750 used to keep you safe a few years ago, but not anymore. Amazon will review your account whenever they feel its necessary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
alexchang (08-11-2015), mehuprav27 (01-08-2016)
Old 05-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
I believe this is old information. Staying under $750 used to keep you safe a few years ago, but not anymore. Amazon will review your account whenever they feel its necessary.
Irrelevant.

The OP asked specifically if feedback would increase his "limits". Velocity limits are still 750 for 30 days for new accounts.

Amazon only reviews accounts that reach velocity limits or have performance/product/customer issues.
Old 05-18-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Irrelevant.

The OP asked specifically if feedback would increase his "limits". Velocity limits are still 750 for 30 days for new accounts.

Amazon only reviews accounts that reach velocity limits or have performance/product/customer issues.
The $750 is now history, amazon have moved on and use more sophisticated metrics regarding reviews / rolling reserves etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
alexchang (08-11-2015), yankee (01-08-2016)
Old 05-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Review can occur well before the $750 mark these days - this isn't true anymore.
Old 05-18-2015

Longevity: 55%

Yes I have someone contacted me over the weekend about an issue over an item they are returning, I made sure I got onto the messages straight away and noticed that there is now a banner that appears confirming how long it took me to respond to the buyers messages, so was glad I responded quickly even though it was over the weekend.

The buyers first intro to me about this was by a message about whether I had pets, I do have a cat so replied with that. Turned out she had an allergic reaction to the item, which was what had prompted her contact with me. She also pointed out there was no electrical adapter and she had been unable to buy one anywhere. The item is a mini sewing machine, all its accessories are included and amongst them is the foot pedal that came with it which obviously us for mains use. I pointed out to her that when I bought it Therese was no mains adapter supplied and the original box which is in does not say an adapter is included, merely that one can be used with it. 4 batteries came within it and I did check they still worked before I despatched it.

She is sending it back to me through Amazon, in that they are aware if the return and she only had the choice of selecting a part was missing for the reason. For that reason I am pleased that I contacted Amazon first over this yesterday (Sunday), and so they know her real reason for the return stems from her allergic reaction to it. Also all our contact messages are on Amazon anyway so they can see what was said all through the process.

Added this here as a back up really to jeffweico' post above about maintaining good customer service and a professional attitude to our customers over rerturns etc., I realised I could have have refused to cover her return postage costs that she was asking me for, however, Amazon phoned me yesterday after they got my explanation of what was happening. I had asked them (Amazon) if they had any procedures in place for how they expected sellers to respond to buyers as,ing for return postage, they said they did not have that but if I did not pay for this she could decide to open A to Z claim and maybe give me negative feedback if I did not agree to it, so I did agree to do it, and now the seller is very happy.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 05-18-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Review can occur well before the $750 mark these days - this isn't true anymore.
I still hold that Amazon doesn't "randomly" review accounts. There is always a reason, and sales velocity remains one reason that will trigger an account review.
Old 05-18-2015

Quote:
I still hold that Amazon doesn't "randomly" review accounts. There is always a reason, and sales velocity remains one reason that will trigger an account review.
Nothing is random on amazon, its just that they have improved there methods of profiling sellers. Some sellers will get a review after $20 sales others may not even know they are being reviewed. The formula however nobody knows.
Old 05-19-2015

Very true, I had a rolling reserve, then I had some quickish sales after finding some cheap items that sold well, suddenly no mention of my rolling reserve anymore and funds available at next disbursement, although I can request them straight away if I want which I did to test it out and it worked, one happy me!
Old 05-19-2015

Rosie, my advice and what I do is draw funds everyday, the money is better in my account than amazon's. Also if you got suspended at least you have most of your cash....
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 66%

Is the rolling reserve and account review occurring on new accounts using FBA only??
Old 10-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkonas View Post
Is the rolling reserve and account review occurring on new accounts using FBA only??
Reviews and reserves can occur on ANY account at ANY time. FBA makes it less likely, but there is NO "bulletproof" method.
Old 01-08-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

I was selling for a year and a half (non-stealth account) 99% FBA mid-6 figures in sales. Then I jumped into one of those mastermind groups and my sales quadrupled in Q4. I also started to sell much more merchant-fulfilled items as it started to get closer to Christmas. After a particularly great sales day in early Dec. I woke up to a review and suspension. Note that I do not sell any Vero. Regular items, but AZ thought I was suspicious, enough to get suspended. My Q4 sales are shot. My account is still suspended 30 days later, I'm not optimistic. Learning everything I can here.
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak_d View Post
I was selling for a year and a half (non-stealth account) 99% FBA mid-6 figures in sales. Then I jumped into one of those mastermind groups and my sales quadrupled in Q4. I also started to sell much more merchant-fulfilled items as it started to get closer to Christmas. After a particularly great sales day in early Dec. I woke up to a review and suspension. Note that I do not sell any Vero. Regular items, but AZ thought I was suspicious, enough to get suspended. My Q4 sales are shot. My account is still suspended 30 days later, I'm not optimistic. Learning everything I can here.
Care to share some of this "mastermind" info that improved your sales 400%?
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Care to share some of this "mastermind" info that improved your sales 400%?
Modesty was one factor.

Old 01-08-2016

Yes we would all like to read about some of those items, and what that 'mastermind' group was that sparked the apparent road to suspension.
Old 01-08-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Nothing too special really. Ramped up on some hot toys, found a couple of hot selling items, and started selling stuff that I'd been stocking up in FBA all year. Typical Q4 sales action. The 400% was on a rolling 30 day cycle heading into the peak of buying season compared to say, July sales. Not untypical from what I understand. I think that I jumped into merchant fulfilling my orders kind of suddenly. I went from 3 all year to 58 in two-three days. Set the bots off and wham-o suspension.

Eye opening though how you get treated on this side of the tracks. No niceties, no communication, feeling like an outcast. Let me know just how much they cared about me and my livelihood. What I need is a bit of stealthy insurance. So appreciate this group.
Old 01-08-2016

Wow yes going as you say from 3 sales all year to 58 in 2 to 3 days would be enough to attract unwanted attention. Know what you mean about finding some hot selling items before Christmas though, it's when your source of those items at those great prices runs out of stock that becomes a real pain.

They don't care about your livelihood by the way, only about their livelihood and doing whatever steps they need to take to maintain it, the trick here is of course that we need to do the same, with more than one or two accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Cloak_d (01-09-2016)