ASIN blocked on most popular items. Advice needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default ASIN blocked on most popular items. Advice needed

Bots are a bitch.

Received a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback, even though I had it removed. Amazon blocked the ASIN. I have a perfect 100% feedback.

I need to list this item again. How do I go about listing it ? I cannot use the same ASIN but can I create a new listing ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: ASIN blocked on most popular items. Advice needed

bump need help!
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you do that, Amazon will view it as an attempt to circumvent their rules.

When you say you got a phake feedback, do you mean that the FEEDBACK was phake, or were you accused of SELLING phakes?

There are some popular items where Amazon has a problem with a lot of people trying to sell counterfeit items. For example, they just closed the DVD category to all but pre-approved sellers. And some items in other categories have a HAIR TRIGGER on them, where just ONE accusation of selling a counterfeit will forever block you from selling that particular item. Certain products come to mind, like Microsoft software, products advertised on infomercials, etc.
Old 05-16-2015
Threadstarter  

I wasn't blocked from selling in that category, but received a warning and blocked from selling on that particular ASIN. I also receive the items from a unauthorized supplier (though authentic) I cannot provide authentic receipts .

The buyer left a message that stated they received a phake item. Which triggered everything else.
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

If you try to sell the same product on that particular account again, even under a different ASIN, it is toast.

I would also be wary of your supplier. Nobody that sells counterfeit merchandise is going to TELL YOU they are selling counterfeits. They use other terms, like China OEM and such. They MAY be selling you counterfeits. Your customer complaining is a sign that you might want to have someone who knows the product look at it and make sure this is not the case.

I am NOT saying that your items are counterfeit, only that it is POSSIBLE. Suppliers lie, but so do buyers.

The only way you can continue to sell this item would be on a new account. At least as far as I know of.
Old 05-16-2015
Threadstarter  

I've sold over 1500+ of this particular item and only receive one phake feedback. So I believe it is authentic.

So next step is stealth ?
Old 05-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Also If I create the same listing on a stealth account, is there any way they can trace it back to me ?
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by halookick View Post
I've sold over 1500+ of this particular item and only receive one phake feedback. So I believe it is authentic.

So next step is stealth ?
OK, it very well could be. Sometimes users are so conditioned to believe that EVERYTHNG is a phake, they make false accusations.

In your new listing, you will have to use a different description, different photos and a different title. HOWEVER - if the product already exists on Amazon, then all you have to do is list it under their listing. In that case, the text, title and photos are all theirs.

You need to follow the stealth guide. You need a different user account, different bank account, credit card, address, name, etc. EVERYTHING must be different. You can then continue selling your item until there is a problem with the new account - if there ever is one. My advice would be to have a couple of accounts. That way, if one gets shut down, you still have the others.
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Also If I create the same listing on a stealth account, is there any way they can trace it back to me ?
You would need to make listing new and photos new to avoid link
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You would need to make listing new and photos new to avoid link
If the listings is already on Amazon, then it is fine. They would just be adding their item to Amazon's pre-existing listing.
Old 05-16-2015
Threadstarter  

I take it I'll need a new IP address for each individual stealth account I create as well ?
Old 05-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I take it I'll need a new IP address for each individual stealth account I create as well ?
Yes, but there are several ways to accomplish that. You can use a dongle which will give you a different IP each time you log on (you have to track the IP's to be certain, because it is not ALWAYS a new IP, it is just that they change). Sometimes even a home router can work this way, if you turn it off and on you can get a different IP address.

There is also cell-phone tethering, mobile broadband USB sticks, etc.
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Going through a similar thing. How long do these notices linger on you account. I was just curious. Would rather not similar items and have my entire selling privileges revoked. Its B.S. that you sell like 50 or so of a single item/product over the course of year then you have some idiot make something up that the item is phake and they block you from listing that item. Super sketch considering it is all dead stock apparel from about 7 to 10 years ago. I can see why lots of people don't sell on Amazon. 300+ similar items sold over the past year without any problems. You get one uneducated fool who makes something up and you get screwed and have to worry about selling on the site at all.
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
bump need help!
Don't start doing this 10 minutes after you post by the way - ppl get turned off
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Don't start doing this 10 minutes after you post by the way - ppl get turned off
The thing is, we all log on at different times. On a forum this size, it is unreasonable to expect help immediately.
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I've had products unblocked after they were blocked. You'll need to write Seller Support an appeal & explanation.
Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Going through a similar thing. How long do these notices linger on you account. I was just curious. Would rather not similar items and have my entire selling privileges revoked. Its B.S. that you sell like 50 or so of a single item/product over the course of year then you have some idiot make something up that the item is phake and they block you from listing that item. Super sketch considering it is all dead stock apparel from about 7 to 10 years ago. I can see why lots of people don't sell on Amazon. 300+ similar items sold over the past year without any problems. You get one uneducated fool who makes something up and you get screwed and have to worry about selling on the site at all.
That is what stealth is for. Asking them to remove the restriction could be risky for the account since you cannot predict what will happen when a human being takes a look at it. Amazon has been on the warpath over counterfeits lately, and the mere ACCUSATION of it can get your account banned, even if your items are the real deal.
Old 05-17-2015

Longevity: 53%

What colour is the shading of the block symbol in your stock file. I cannot recall the colours but there is an option to re-list its not a permanent block. Just tick the box next to your stock record and see if you are able to re-list. I have in the past deleted the stock record and recreated so I can sell it again. I have only done this when I have stock in FBA so I don't have to remove the stock. And I have never had a problem.
Old 05-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Yellow. I decided I am going to open a stealth amazon account and post the product and be proactive about the situation.

What happens if I open a stealth account and start selling this product right away even though my previous account is still active ?
Old 05-19-2015

Longevity: 53%

If its yellow you have the option to re list. Its not a permanent block. This option is given for you to check your stocks to see if they match the ASIN.
Old 05-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
That is what stealth is for. Asking them to remove the restriction could be risky for the account since you cannot predict what will happen when a human being takes a look at it. Amazon has been on the warpath over counterfeits lately, and the mere ACCUSATION of it can get your account banned, even if your items are the real deal.
I don't have a restriction. I guess it is kinda like a warning or something. It is the second time it has happened with an uneducated or nuisance buyer. Like I said these item are way dead stock from years ago I think they were both individuals hoping to commit arbitrage to purchase in quantity to resell. Have a hard time thinking they are competitors since nobody else has these listed.

I want to keep my account in good standing so I pulled the items. Not sure what to do. It is just frustrating because these were the items with the profit margin that made selling on Amazon worth while. Now I am a not so sure.

Done eBay Stealth since 08. Maybe time to check out Amazon Ghost. Just sucks because he in the US you get 50 transactions then the account is done for the year. I guess 50 sales is better than zero.
Old 05-21-2015
Threadstarter  

The block is red ( circle with red line across it )