Paypal will probably be worse now that they are separating from eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Paypal will probably be worse now that they are separating from eBay

So here is my story. I sell legitimate, genuine software on eBay (a huge VERO item, nonetheless), and of course the software companies don't agree with some of my listings and have them pulled. I submit counter-notice and eBay brings them back up.

HOWEVER, PP apparently took a look and didn't like what they saw. Out of the blue, after another takedown for which I immediately submitted a counter-notice, PP emails me with a cryptic email that looks like it was written by a twelve year old (monkey). Basically, I am permanently limited for listing items that are not in agreement with their acceptable use policy.

I call them, blah blah blah, first person is some Indian drone reading from a script (he said he was not reading from a script, lol) who said my case is not appealable. I said I want to talk to supervisor. Supervisor danced around but admitted my case can be appealed. When I said that he should be aware that eBay had reinstated all those listings and the rights owner ran off with their tail between their legs, he claimed that PP is now a separate company and they do not know anything from eBay's side. Wrote a long letter to PP AUP and explained my position. Couple hours later, received another "your account is limited" email. At this point, I believe it's hopeless.

Then this morning, a "your account has been restored" email shows up. Holy cr@p, I think and yep, all is good. Apparently they were saying that as long as I am selling legitimate retail packages and not burned discs (I was not doing this to begin with), I am OK. Stupid PP monkeys.

So the gist of it is, now that they are separating, BOTH companies will be applying their own standards to our listings. eBay and PP will have different metrics and the one hand won't know what the other is doing. And while you think eBay personnel are boneheads, apparently the ones at PP will be even worse. Sigh. Time to set up and buy more accounts I guess.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal will probably be worse now that they are separating from eBay

To be honest this doesnt really strike me as being all that different from the way things haven been until now. Ive run into similar situations in the past.
But setting up backup accounts is never a bad idea regardless of whats coming. Always better to be safe then sorry.
Old 05-29-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Paypal will probably be worse now that they are separating from eBay

I was surprised because it was the first time I've dealt with eBay not caring about something but instead, Paypal raising a stink. And from the supervisor saying "we don't know what eBay is doing, sounds like a whole new can of worms being opened in the future with the two sides not talking and we get stuck in the middle.

This was on the account I purchased from you and it's still going strong, but got to add another one and let this one cool off on "riskier" items, for sure.
Old 05-30-2015

Longevity: 53%

Oh God, do we have to get our panties twisted up over this ebay/paypal split again. Logic will tell you that yes, SEPARATE companies wont share the information the same as two companies operated by the same parent company. This is like if you are using ANY merchant...Paypal is simply that, a merchant. If they dont like something, they raise questions. Even moreso now that they are a completely separate company.
Old 05-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Oh God, do we have to get our panties twisted up over this ebay/paypal split again. Logic will tell you that yes, SEPARATE companies wont share the information the same as two companies operated by the same parent company. This is like if you are using ANY merchant...Paypal is simply that, a merchant. If they dont like something, they raise questions. Even moreso now that they are a completely separate company.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (05-30-2015), Play (05-30-2015)