Etsy shop deactivated in 2 days, what went wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 05-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Etsy shop deactivated in 2 days, what went wrong?

Here's how I created my new etsy account.

1) New email address on yahoo(similar to my banned shop's name)
2) Cleaned cookies
3) Cleaned flash cookies
4) New IP
5) The same email address on step 1 added to my PayPal account that was used on my suspended shop, brand new prepaid credit card
6) Listed one handmade item on day one, safe.
7) Listed 2nd handmade item, same item on suspended shop with all new image files, a little change on title and description on day two
8) Account deactivated on day 3

What I'm suspecting is the 2nd item I listed was found by a bot and that I didn't use a brand new user account on my computer and a different browser to list my items.

Comments please... I see people are having tough time creating stealth on ETSY nowadays. I diverse all my selling on different websites, but not one can pull in as much profit as ETSY does.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Etsy shop deactivated in 2 days, what went wrong?

I don't think you should sell the same product anymore. I think Et.sy manually review the account if it has anything triggers them to do (I'm not sure if there are many shops from Hong Kong) and if they see you are selling the same products as the account that just got banned and the shop is from the same location, they might shut you down. You can try starting another account selling the product you never sell and if it lasts longer than a month then maybe you can try adding the old products. Also you should never use name or email that are similar to the old shop. For many people the same paypal with new email work, but for me I need to use new paypal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubskin For This Useful Post:
punitsirse (07-27-2019), Rhonda (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

5) The same email address on step 1 added to my PayPal account that was used on my suspended shop - also potential problem, doesn't necessarily keep you "stealth"
Old 05-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Using an email address similar to the banned account and then re-listing the same items you were selling on the banned account probably did you in. Using different images is a good thing, but that by itself is not enough to prevent getting banned when they can already see similarities in the accounts.

Whatever you do, they are now on the lookout for those items, especially when being sold on new accounts. That is the difficulty of stealth on Etsy - the products are somewhat unique, at least as compared to most of the stuff you see on eBay and Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (05-13-2015)
Old 05-14-2015
Threadstarter  

I think it's not the email that got me banned. I just realized that using the App is a big NO NO from reading the threads here. It's probably the IP address that got me linked. I had to log back in to my old account with my cell phone to answer customers' questions.
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 63%

Any update ? Can you open your new shop yet. I try to start my new shop buy no luck .. account deactivated within 1 days.
Old 05-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparm View Post
Any update ? Can you open your new shop yet. I try to start my new shop buy no luck .. account deactivated within 1 days.
Just gave it a 2nd try with new IP, new user account, cleaned cookies, cleaned flash cookies, new name, new gmail, and same paypal account with new added email address for payment collection. Used my husband's Paypal to pay the $1 for the activation and the account got deactivated within an hour.

It seems like PayPal is what got me linked even though most of the members said Etsy is not associated with PayPal and adding a new email address to the same PayPal will work.
Old 05-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

You paid with PP, you fail. Not listening.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (06-01-2015), Rhonda (06-17-2015), whiteberry (06-07-2015)
Old 06-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
You paid with PP, you fail. Not listening.
Thinking backwards, I believe that is what got me caught. I might have overlooked some suggestions here. Will go back and try again tomorrow. How long do you think I should wait before I start selling my 1st item after I opened a new account?
Old 06-01-2015

Longevity: 51%

Hi,
I am new to this forum and am interested in opening an Etsy stealth account with paypal (my shop was closed by Etsy).
I plan on adding a new email address to my existing paypal account.
I will buy a prepaid gift card to use as my credit card.
Question:
Does my name and address on the prepaid gift card have to match the name and address on my paypal account? I am hoping not because that will get me banned.
TIA
Old 06-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Of COURSE it's what got you caught. Unknown5454 is the etsy MASTER. Do NOT EVER USE A PREVIOUS PP account to pay ANYTHING on new etsy stealth accounts. Use gift cards or create a NEW Paypal account if you MUST use PP to pay your etsy fees.

How long do you think I should wait before I start selling my 1st item after I opened a new account?

You can basically start listing right away. Just don't sell the exact same products or have your listings look the same as previous accounts.
Old 06-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Thinking backwards, I believe that is what got me caught. I might have overlooked some suggestions here. Will go back and try again tomorrow. How long do you think I should wait before I start selling my 1st item after I opened a new account?
Even if you start listing right away they might flag you and not index your shop or listings. I've seen this happen a lot lately where they flag new shops and don't index them. Then you have to contact support to get help which leads them to look more into your account.
Old 06-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Everything has to be NEW! including Paypal if it's already been used before.
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
Even if you start listing right away they might flag you and not index your shop or listings. I've seen this happen a lot lately where they flag new shops and don't index them. Then you have to contact support to get help which leads them to look more into your account.
I thought Etsy stealth is the same as eBay Stealth in terms of the principles. Why does it sound like it get's harder and harder now? So are you against the start listing right away? How long should an account sit before opening a shop?
Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I just tested my new account which about 30 days aged and Boom.. still got flaged and then deactivate within 1 day.
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Too much FUD in here. My stores run fine. EB stea/lth works fine for Et/sy. Nothing has changed. Follow the rules. It's getting really annoying when people just start spreading random bullsh*t just because they don't actually know or understand proper stea/lthing.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
screwpal (06-10-2015)
Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Too much FUD in here. My stores run fine. EB stea/lth works fine for Et/sy. Nothing has changed. Follow the rules. It's getting really annoying when people just start spreading random bullsh*t just because they don't actually know or understand proper stea/lthing.
why contribute to his thread if you're getting annoyed?
The Following User Says Thank You to sergfro For This Useful Post:
fadetoblk (01-15-2019)
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for contributing. Have a nice day.
Old 06-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparm View Post
I just tested my new account which about 30 days aged and Boom.. still got flaged and then deactivate within 1 day.
Can you please outline what your doing to setup a new Etsy Shop, also are you taking new pictures/cleaning those pictures? Are your products really hand made? and is your merchandise being sold by many people?
Old 06-05-2015

Quote:
I know and understand stealth pretty well. I've followed everything to a T. Yet I've opened 3 stealth shops with 2 shut down and 1 that hasn't been indexed in the past month with zero possible ways to link me. Not indexing newly opened shops is pretty common lately if you look on the forums. So following the rules isn't working for some of us.
Old 06-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I know and understand stealth pretty well. I've followed everything to a T. Yet I've opened 3 stealth shops with 2 shut down and 1 that hasn't been indexed in the past month with zero possible ways to link me. Not indexing newly opened shops is pretty common lately if you look on the forums. So following the rules isn't working for some of us.
Not particularly your situation, but there are tons of people claiming multiple emails and one PP don't work and that VCC/prepaid CC don't work for signups. Simple stuff like that.

If you have a product that is getting flagged by Et/sy or competitors, you don't have too many options. And yes, the indexing issue has been going on for months. I am fully aware of that. But, when all my listings are different from a suspended account, I have never had an issue being indexed within 30 minutes or less.
Old 06-05-2015

Quote:
Not particularly your situation, but there are tons of people claiming multiple emails and one PP don't work and that VCC/prepaid CC don't work for signups. Simple stuff like that.

If you have a product that is getting flagged by Et/sy or competitors, you don't have too many options. And yes, the indexing issue has been going on for months. I am fully aware of that. But, when all my listings are different from a suspended account, I have never had an issue being indexed within 30 minutes or less.
Thing is I opened a new account on my grandparents brand new computer/internet last week. Prepaid card, nothing that could have traced me. I noticed 3 days later I wasn't being indexed. I emailed them about it and I get the "your account is suspended" because you violated the rules and were suspended before. Blah blah blah. The only thing that could have possibly linked me is I took a picture of the product with my cell phone and transferred to the computer. Similar product of what I was selling but no way they could have linked by product. Still confused. I've almost all but given up on etsy right now. Especially since I wasn't even selling anything vero or against the rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to ytowngirl126 For This Useful Post:
TechpaL (09-15-2015)