Need advice. Please help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Need advice. Please help.

I need advice, please help.

I sold an item to a buyer on November 13.
Buyer opened an item not received dispute the next day.
I had to provide the proof of shipment until November 24.
I provided the tracking number on November 20.
PayPal decided in favor of the buyer on November 24 and refunded the buyer.
Item was delivered the same day, on November 24.
So I appealed PayPal's decision.

So PayPal sent an email to the buyer that she must pay for the item within 3 days. She never did. She took the package to the post office and it is being returned to me. The tracking number shows that the item was delivered on November 24. And it also shows that the item is being returned to the sender because it couldn't be delivered as addressed. The date here is November 25.
So my appeal was denied by PayPal because they say that the buyer refused to accept the shipment, which of course is not true.

Now I have no idea what to expect. I'm afraid that box will be empty and I loose the item, too or the item will be damaged.

I'm so mad because I contacted the buyer and asked her if she still wanted the item or she wanted me to refund her payment. She told me that she wants the item, she just opened the dispute to make sure that she'll receive the item.

Is there anything that I can do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2008

Longevity: 89%

What took you so long to ship the item? Yo sold it on the 13th but didn't ship it until the 20th?

Contrary to what Modee said, I've shipped items after buyers have opened a dispute before. If it is an escalated dispute, you have 10 days to act on the dispute before it is automatically decided in the buyers favor. I've never seen a package take more than 5 days to get delivered (within your own country) so as long as I ship it within a few days of the dispute being ended I'm good. You add the tracking number AFTER the item is delivered, 15 minutes later, the dispute is decided in your favor.

-HeG
Old 11-28-2008
Threadstarter  

I couldn't ship the item sooner because I was out of town for a few days plus I had to wait for the buyer's response. I had to send her several emails to find out what she wanted.
Old 11-29-2008

Like they said, live and learn.

Proper thing to do would have been to refund the payment immediately upon receiving the dispute, and then consult with the buyer about why she did it, assure her that you will send it ASAP and provide tracking/DC# afterward, and then have her re-send the payment to you.

If I were you, at this point, I would request her contact information and wait for the package to arrive. If the package is empty, you have 2 options. You can contact PayPal resoultions (always ask for a Senior Agent, the other guys are idiots and can't do anything). Tell them about your situation and ask them to send a threatening email about having her actually return the package. They can do that. And if you need to, repeat as necessary.

I would also contact her directly via email and phone, and use some emotional tactics to guilt her into returning the item. Depending on how much the item cost, you could say the money was for rent, etc. etc., whatever you have to do. Don't get angry, it'll only make her not want to send the item back. Even offer to pay her for the return shipping after you receive it back, if it was an expensive item.

If it was a cheap item, just learn your lesson (or try the above anyway).

-N
Old 11-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

contact the shipping service and file a claim for mail fraud if the package is empty, its a federal offense
Old 11-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

lol ^^ probably not but the threat alone is enough to put the weak at heart in fear send the item back
Old 11-29-2008

lol modee
thats the way to do it, inject them with fear sit back and enjoy
Old 11-30-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your replies.

I just checked the status of this dispute on PayPal.com and it shows the following.

"Status

After careful review of the new information you provided, your appeal has been granted.

What happens next

Please contact the buyer to have the refund issued from your account returned to you."

I am really confused now. What am I supposed to do?
Old 11-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Paypal said "Sure... OK You win. Now it is up to you to get the buyer to pay you."