Will Paypal let eBay know which PP accounts are linked together, after the spinoff? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Will Paypal let eBay know which PP accounts are linked together, after the spinoff?

My eBay account is banned indefinitely but my Paypal account is in good standing. My current PP account has both my SS number and EIN, so if I open a new PP account I would need to obtain a new EIN to avoid being linked back to my banned eBay account, according to the eBay stealth guide.

Since eBay and Paypal are going to be two separate companies I think maybe I should wait until they split, then create a new PP acount and use the same EIN as the first. The new PP account of course will be linked to the first PP, but will eBay know that? Will Paypal tell eBay that my second PP account is linked to the first PP account, and with this information eBay will link all eBay accounts that are related two those two PP accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Will Paypal let eBay know which PP accounts are linked together, after the spinof

Its enough that PayPal would know it. That could get your account shut down (not a given though)

PayPal and eBay will likely carry on caring infomation in the same manner. Your going to need a new eBay and a new PayPal. They are going to need to be 100% link free
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Will Paypal let eBay know which PP accounts are linked together, after the spinof

Don't expect anything to change after the split. especially not in the short run.
Old 06-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Your advises are respected. However, this Paypal spinoff is new to everyone so I guess there are things many of us don't know about yet.

I am just trying to guess how the two companies would behave after the spinoff. eBay and Paypal may still share some information, but there are information each company has to keep for itself.

For example, let's say you have a Paypal account and you sell on Etsy.com, if your Etsy account is banned, Paypal would not necessarily know, or even if they know, they would not take any action against your Paypal account, as long as your PP account is in good standing (that's actually what happens to my PP account after my eBay is banned). Now if you open a new Paypal account with the same SS number and bank account, and use it to accept payment with your new stealth Etsy account, Etsy would not know it. Paypal has no obligation to tell Etsy which paypal accounts of their users are linked together.

I guess (or hope) that PP will work with eBay the same way, unless there is something in the user's agreement that allows it to do otherwise.

Of course I can be totally wrong. Please join the discussion to shed light on this matter. It may change the way people operate their stealth accounts in the future
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I cannot give a 100% definite answer to this question, but I would say everything will remain the same. The reason? eBay and PayPal have a five year agreement in place during which time they will operate pretty much the same way they have in the past, except that they are now two separate entities. So, nothing much should change for at least 5 years. Yes, there may be some minor changes, but I would not expect them to stop sharing information with each other.
Old 06-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Do Not expect to see any changes,,,,sharing information is beneficial to Both Companies, I'm sure that a long term agreement to share information will be in place to cover that when the deal is finalized
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryvuong View Post
My eBay account is banned indefinitely but my Paypal account is in good standing. My current PP account has both my SS number and EIN, so if I open a new PP account I would need to obtain a new EIN to avoid being linked back to my banned eBay account, according to the eBay stealth guide.

Since eBay and Paypal are going to be two separate companies I think maybe I should wait until they split, then create a new PP acount and use the same EIN as the first. The new PP account of course will be linked to the first PP, but will eBay know that? Will Paypal tell eBay that my second PP account is linked to the first PP account, and with this information eBay will link all eBay accounts that are related two those two PP accounts?
No, not entirely. I had an eBay account suspended and the PayPal account survived in good standing. I paid the my eBay fees to avoid a bad linkage, waited 180 days and then closed my PayPal account. I then used the same info for a new PayPal account including EIN after the account was closed for 3 months.

Why I did this? I did it because I viewed the linkage between PayPal and ebay as a permanent token. Close the PayPal account was my way of permanently removing that token.

I then bought a eBay & PayPal account from the forum and closed the PayPal account it came with and added the New PayPal I created with my old PayPal info but the EIN. Ebay knew I closed the PayPal account on the new eBay account I purchased but they did not suspend me because I linked the new PayPal account in a certain what to prevent that and I didn't sell immediately also.

However, I recommend you create an eBay account following the stealth guide instead of buying one with an already PP account attached to it so you can add your own after you closed it and reopened it. Use a different address, ip and phone number. I would also recommend using a new EIN. This only worked for me because I was patient, waited 4 months, then 3, then another 6 building a relationship of trust with eBay.

My PayPal and eBay info never matched 100% but I never linked them together. I always made sure I unlike them in eBay and PayPal. Many may oppose that but I just look at it from a technical point of view and it worked for me twice. That's why one survives and they other don't...for me. I void the chain reaction by unlinking then.

Last edited by revenge; 06-08-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 82%

Just wanted to add that the reason you should get a new EIN because from a business point of you. You closed that business and started a new one legally.

Last edited by revenge; 06-08-2015 at 10:39 PM.