Phone Verification For EVERY Withdrawal?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Phone Verification For EVERY Withdrawal??

I have made two withdrawals so far on a paypal account that is one month old. Both times it gave me the "we can't verify your device" prompt and wanted to give an automated phone call in order to process my withdrawal. So I do the phone verification and it gives me the message "you can now make a withdrawal"...so it has me put in my password again and I go back to process a withdrawal and it gives me the same verification message AGAIN. I do the phone verification again and THEN it lets me withdraw.

So to process the withdrawal, I have to do phone verification TWICE. This has happened both times I have made a withdrawal.

None of my other accounts have had this happen...of course I have had it happen when trying to add a bank account, but never to withdraw. Especially two times for every withdrawal.

Account is one month old, but it is a business account, not personal account. The number thats listed is under "work phone" since that is what it automatically made it when I created the account.

Anyone else encounter this? And is there a way around it? I am on a separate user account, keeping all cookies and history, same IP, etc. Like I said it is just this ONE account. All my others are fine. But all of my others are personal accounts. So I'm not sure...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Phone Verification For EVERY Withdrawal??

it looks like paypal is stepping up their game
Old 06-11-2015

Longevity: 68%

The whole doing it twice thing has been going on for awhile now. They seem to be hit or miss on accounts, but if you do have it, it seems to never go away.
Old 06-11-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

PayPal has been all over the place with these verifications, I have yet to get one for withdrawals , but I get them when adding a bank account.

Some paypals I can add the bank without a variation while others requires it
Old 06-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
PayPal has been all over the place with these verifications, I have yet to get one for withdrawals , but I get them when adding a bank account.

Some paypals I can add the bank without a variation while others requires it
Same here, but every once in awhile I get one and it never, ever goes away for some reason.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have also experienced something similar. I just wish we could figure out what is triggering it. I seems like it is completely random, but I very much doubt that it is truly random.
Old 06-11-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I'm guessing it's a tactic for people to call in, and than they may verify you further with database questions

Because the message is always we do not recognize the device ,and I to always use same device, same user account, same IP, keep cookies till expired, and so on, so it can't be that it's not recognized
Old 06-11-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I'm guessing it's a tactic for people to call in, and than they may verify you further with database questions.
I just had this problem with a old account but new activity. I sold a item and tried to buy something outside of eBay and when I went to complete my order that stupid screen popped up.

I ended up yelling at the rep because she kept asking for datanase questions when I wasn't even trying to withdrawal funds. She was like before I lift your limits I need to verify your identity. I was like "wtf!?!?" I have my bank and cc on file all I want to do is BUY something not have your intrusive company know everything about me. Yelling at a rep is pointless and could of lost me my account but I was so frustrated with their stupidity.

Because of stealth I KNOW when they say before I lift your "phone verification limit" I need to verify your identity is bull****. They pick and choose when they want to verify someone.

Oh well...

Phone verification for me at least always drops off, you just gotta wait it out.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 06-11-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I have this issue with half my accounts and the other half no.....No rhyme or reason.
Old 06-12-2015
Threadstarter  

So it sounds like a lot of you have the same issue. Its strange because I have gotten the phone verification for adding bank account, but this is the first time I have gotten it for withdrawing. Furthermore, I just dont see why it is every time and doing the freakin verification twice in a row. It gives the message that "your account has been verified" or whatever. Well if thats true, then why must I go through it multiple times. And the "device not recognized" is a made up bs excuse to do the verification...like I mentioned, I kept all cookies, use same IP address, same browser, same user account, etc. I didnt have to do verification to ADD BANK to this account, but have to do it every time I try to withdraw....how stupid is that!
Old 06-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
So it sounds like a lot of you have the same issue. Its strange because I have gotten the phone verification for adding bank account, but this is the first time I have gotten it for withdrawing. Furthermore, I just dont see why it is every time and doing the freakin verification twice in a row. It gives the message that "your account has been verified" or whatever. Well if thats true, then why must I go through it multiple times. And the "device not recognized" is a made up bs excuse to do the verification...like I mentioned, I kept all cookies, use same IP address, same browser, same user account, etc. I didnt have to do verification to ADD BANK to this account, but have to do it every time I try to withdraw....how stupid is that!
The part about doing it twice is a glitch.
Old 06-12-2015

Longevity: 60%

Do you clear cookies and catch on the web browser you use to login, also try sending low amounts for a while if that helps.
Old 06-12-2015

so far 5 of my new accounts has been a little hold for 21days. 2 are need verification but I am ignoring it.
Old 06-12-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

This is why cookies and browsers history for PAYPAL are very important. It's 9/10 because of that (for me at least).

Keep in mind once it's triggered you can't reverse it so take your time and don't rush things. New accounts aren't meant to drive you sales anyways. This is a marathon not a sprint were all involved with
Old 06-12-2015

So, not sure what to make of it, but one of the accounts I bought from a member on here, all of a sudden was getting this message. The seller has the tracfone and sent me the code. I was kind of stuck in a loop, I would enter the code and it would go right back to "we don't recognize this device" message. Frustrated, I asked the seller to log in and to the withdraw for me. He said it went right through and didn't need to be verified.
Old 06-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Solefood, I keep ALL my history. I have never cleared it once...cookies, cache, history, etc. I had emailed Paypal about the issue and they replied and said that they made an adjustment to my account in order for the phone verification to stop. Well, I tried making a withdrawal and it gave a different error altogether.

This time it said we are unable to move forward, we cant verify your account. Then told me to email or call them. I called and they told me to clear my history, cache and cookies. So I did and it still gave the same message. So I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then was told to try and make the withdrawal again and this time it went through just fine. I was told that if it asks for verification then you just need to clear the brower data. I have never cleared the data on any of my accounts...then again I have never had this issue. But I assume whatever they did now "verified" the account. If I get the phone verification again, I guess I will just deal with it.
Old 06-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Update: whatever they did didnt do sh*t. Just had to do phone verification twive in a row again for a withdrawal. I am just going to hant up the towel and say this will happen every single time no matter what now. *shrug*
Old 06-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Must be an automatic flag just placed on the account for good - annoying but shrug, at least you get your money
Old 06-13-2015
Threadstarter  

No idea. I was told on the phone that everything was verified and there was no issue. If course just a bunch of monkies at Paypal and script reading. Bah, whatever.
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You called them up? Wow - glad no other problems came up
Old 06-14-2015

Longevity: 70%

In Spain im never received verification calling. But i think from next mounth will change many things on paypal. I read some of this in the new policies
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You called them up? Wow - glad no other problems came up
I am pretty sure a few posts ago I said that I had called....if not, yes I called. I am not afraid to call ebay or paypal. I was completely locked out of making withdrawals so I HAD to call anyways. The screen I got wasnt the usual verification screen. It had said "we are unable to move forward and cannot verify your account. Email or call us if this continues"...something like that. So I called and it took 25 minutes for them to do whatever and make it so I could withdraw. Now I am back to multiple phone cerification every withdrawal. 😵
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-15-2015)