Can I get a online bank account without drivers license or state issued ID? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Send a message via Skype™ to ali121
Default Can I get a online bank account without drivers license or state issued ID?

I dont have either a drivers license number or state issued ID to open a bank account at most places,

are there any banks that dont require that? All I want is a checking/saving account that I can access online.

I have all the other info needed such as social security number. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2015

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Can I get a online bank account without drivers license or state issued ID?

Pretty sure u need at least an id number along with that ssn to open a bank acct
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can I get a online bank account without drivers license or state issued ID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Pretty sure u need at least an id number along with that ssn to open a bank acct
perhaps, but I found a online bank is not required drivers license or state issued ID, It is TIAA Direct, Now the bank has some problems, Always locked. so I need other banks like TIAA Direct, witch gets without drivers license or state issued ID.
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

tons of them allow this as long as you have access to a physical address and answer basic database questions.
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You are looking for a US account OP? It's heavily regulated these days - you need to find a US bank that will accept foreign people.

As a Canadian I found Harris bank and TD to work well but I have always given ID. Too much potential for fraud with bank so of course ID would be required
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
tons of them allow this as long as you have access to a physical address and answer basic database questions.
yes. physical address and basic database questions is not a problem. The main problem is that I do not have a driver license or state issued ID.
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

What kind of ID do you have?

@yankee, but at some would not the bank need ID on file?
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What kind of ID do you have?

@yankee, but at some would not the bank need ID on file?
No.
I personally am way out of my realm on the Canada boarder. Closest BofA or TD for example is hours drive....so I opened a series of checking accounts the past few days online. ALL mail the pin and debit card to your address that they verify. You do have to have to fund the accounts when opened.

Also, there is alternatives to conventional banks but they are a pain in the but to setup, meaning slow. Similar to pre debit cards but via banks. MANY want a photo ID. Many do not.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-21-2015)
Old 06-14-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Also, there is alternatives to conventional banks but they are a pain in the but to setup, meaning slow. Similar to pre debit cards but via banks. MANY want a photo ID. Many do not.
Can you name a few?
Old 06-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Can you name a few?
No because like all sensitive info, once abused gets shut down.

But there has been a few very good threads about prepaid debit cards the past month or two and a website or two shared. Feel free to search, spend time and money and experimenting to figure out what works.
two3aight1 (06-14-2015)
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

But there has been a few very good threads about prepaid debit cards the past month or two and a website or two shared. Feel free to search, spend time and money and experimenting to figure out what works.
Old 06-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

can u give me some advises to get a bank account easily?
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali121 View Post
can u give me some advises to get a bank account easily?
I think the general consensus from everyone is "no"...as mentioned above, you didnt search hard enough for answers to your own question.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
yankee (06-16-2015)
Old 06-19-2015

Longevity: 73%

Quote:

Maybe PM the info to him if you have all his specific answers........ I'm sure you have gotten lots of help from others in the past.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
Maybe PM the info to him if you have all his specific answers........ I'm sure you have gotten lots of help from others in the past.
Or he can do what the other proactive non lazy or leeching member did and get some answers by doing the smallest amount of research and asking a private question or two.

The answers we gave are more than adequate to have a resolve within a few minutes of reading and using the search function.

This forum is not about welfare or spoon feeding more than it already does with basics.

If someone wants to learn on this forum there is tons of opportunities if you read and put in some effort. A little networking is never a bad things either.
RoxJox (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015

You don't get it.. Its about being a good person
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You don't get it.. Its about being a good person
You don't get it....Clearly you have not been on this forum or read enough posts when you make what seems to be either 1.) a ignorant comment like this or 2.) naive

Start reading peoples threads before make silly accusations about being helpful or a good person.
I certainly do not know you and you obviously do not know me.

Last edited by yankee; 06-21-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If the OP is from China, he is going to have a difficult time getting a US bank account without coming here in person.

A foreign person CAN open a US account without a US Driver's license, of course. But every bank I know of requires that it be done in person. They will want some sort of ID, like a passport or other ID.

There are services that will do this, but they are expensive and they look a bit on the shady side to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
last3379 (06-21-2015)
Old 06-21-2015

Quote:
You don't get it....Clearly you have not been on this forum or read enough posts when you make what seems to be either 1.) a ignorant comment like this or 2.) naive

Start reading peoples threads before make silly accusations about being helpful or a good person.
I certainly do not know you and you obviously do not know me.
Nothing you just said makes any sense whatsoever.

Be helpful or don't respond to posts.

You are a bully and an asshole <-- That is an ignorant comment.
The Following User Says Thank You to last3379 For This Useful Post:
Tomcat1 (11-06-2018)
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Nothing you just said makes any sense whatsoever.

Be helpful or don't respond to posts.

You are a bully and an asshole <-- That is an ignorant comment.
And how was the responses not helpful?

The other inquisitive and proactive member had the answers within minutes. He used PM and used the forum search function.

Last edited by yankee; 06-21-2015 at 07:34 PM.
theintersect (05-16-2020)
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

@yankee, just to clarify ....you are in Canada and opening the accounts in the US Side? Sorry if I am not following.
Old 06-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@yankee, just to clarify ....you are in Canada and opening the accounts in the US Side? Sorry if I am not following.
Your physical location is irrelevant.

If you have a SS, and can answer the data base questions such as, "What vehicle did you have registered in 2005?" "What age group best fits, Dawn Cormier?" etc.

You then have to fund the account with another checking account usually but some allow a card for initial deposit also.

Then the confirm you are who you are, your address and then send you a PIN number about a week later and a debit card about 4 days after that.

At least this is how it has been working the past couple months. I have been opening accounts with small banks and credit unions. Not all banks work this way. Some want you to walk in the door but many don't.

It has only been a couple more steps than a prepaid debit card(that is the same exact thing as a checking account if you go through a bank)

Last edited by yankee; 06-22-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Dmshark25 (06-22-2015)