one quick question from a seller's perspective - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-04-2008
rafc

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default one quick question from a seller's perspective

i just have one quick question to all sellers here:

basically, my BIN's aren't selling, yet the auctions for a few bucks lower are being bid for. this is probably because people want to feel like they're getting a 'good deal', right? what's the best way to get more sales without having to post more auctions? i was thinking of best offers and setting the BIN price higher than the current BIN? what works best for you?

thanks,

rafc
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-04-2008

Longevity: 89%

To be honest i only use auction listing formats on a few appliances that are not going so well for me as they tend to sell this way alot easier.

Secound chance offers are good.
I have bin with best offer and enable auto decline if the ammount is too low.
Old 12-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

i have also noticed that BIN's these days dont sell so well but the auctions usually go higher than the buy it now price from me (not all the time, but more than 50%).. i really dont get it
Old 12-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

Auctions not saleing as much eather begin its Tiss The Season. Last year sales where booming this time of year.
Old 12-04-2008
rafc

Longevity: 0%

yeah, but the auction fees for so many items are so high that it's only viable for me to have BIN's with multiple items, rather than auctioning them all - that's why i was thinking BIN with best offer enabled... is there any way better than this?
Old 12-04-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Ebay sent this today to probably all of us, might help explain some of the issues in this thread?

I was also surprised I could list fixed price for 30 days at no additional cost...just 35¢ for the total listing fee. (I wasn't aware of that)

Anyway here's what Ebay sent today...

Quote:
List single-quantity and unique items Auction-style
Now with Best Match as the default sort order, it's more important than ever to list your single and unique items Auction-style. Auction-style listings earn a boost in search results when they're about to end. With Fixed Price listings, it's a track record of recent sales that counts most, so a single item offered at a Fixed Price is not likely to make it to the top. In fact, if you have single items listed now in Fixed Price that aren't selling, consider switching them to Auction-style. On average, Auction-style listings make up about 70% of the listings on the first page of search results. Plus, when you start pricing low to stimulate bidding, auction-style listings have a higher sell-through rate than Fixed Price listings. Find out more about how and when to maximize the power of both formats.
Old 12-04-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

I sell items under $50 and the only way I usually get people to BIN, is to put the BIN $1 higher then the auction starting price. Most people will just BIN for a dollar more.
Old 12-05-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I find that buy it now does not sell quite as good at this time of the year now. Its better to list buy it now for a couple dollars more and offer make a offer also.
Old 12-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpme1 View Post
I find that buy it now does not sell quite as good at this time of the year now. Its better to list buy it now for a couple dollars more and offer make a offer also.
i gues it depends on the item you'r selling. all my auctions star at $.99 and do quite well .. first week i lost out $70 though .. blame it on the time the listing ended
Old 12-07-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafc View Post
i just have one quick question to all sellers here:

basically, my BIN's aren't selling, yet the auctions for a few bucks lower are being bid for. this is probably because people want to feel like they're getting a 'good deal', right? what's the best way to get more sales without having to post more auctions? i was thinking of best offers and setting the BIN price higher than the current BIN? what works best for you?

thanks,

rafc
I prefer with buy it now option (BIN++) with best offer, don't set auto decline if buyer make an offer below BIN++ price. :D it mean we have chance to bargain with potential buyer.

--

OOT: Many factor for supporting selling; description, communication, etc.. eBay have billion members, thus all seller have billion of chances.

Thanks,