Bank requesting statement from ppal to verify ownership - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Bank requesting statement from ppal to verify ownership

Hey everyone=)

Today I wanted to walk into a bank and opening a new account and using my online bank as the funding source for the new account. This online bank I was using for ppal deposits and withdrawing to a prepaid checking account until it was restricted (can't transfer in from ppal or withdraw to prepaid account, anymore). This was more than 6 months ago when they told me if I want to withdraw it has to be a real bank branch. I told them my ppal was a variant of my name due to ppals crazy actions.. They seemed to act like they understood.. (I literally pleaded to them asking them,, just please don't call ppal..they said they can't do that anyways, I think.)

Now, back to today, when I called them about my wanting to withdraw into new bank account, they are requesting from me 3 statements proving account ownership , one being the ppal. Again, I mentioned the ppal is a variant if my name and that I was sure the bank was familiar with.

Did I destroy this ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Bank requesting statement from ppal to verify ownership

Looks like your only option at this point would be to get 'creative' on the documents theyre asking for.
Shouldn't be too difficult when it comes to just showing them the 'homepage' for your paypal account if you ask me. All that needs changing is the name - that's all they need to see on that home page.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Looks like your only option at this point would be to get 'creative' on the documents theyre asking for.
Shouldn't be too difficult when it comes to just showing them the 'homepage' for your paypal account if you ask me. All that needs changing is the name - that's all they need to see on that home page.
Thankyou,sloker.

I'm hoping you understand the situation and details ive written, sure you do, though. Faxing in ppal docs showing my real name after ive told them my ppal is a variation of my name, they will be okay with? Even after I explained this to them and added that ppal suspended and took away my 'real name' account years ago?

If I'm correct if this turns sour and they see the name modification change, they are not allowed to contact ppal, am I correct? Theirs less than 500 in this online account of mine but if this has any chance of ruining my ppal because my online bank doesnt like it and tells on me?
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

There is hundreds if not thousands of other banks.....

Last edited by yankee; 06-19-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Yankee makes a good point.
Why not simply cash out the account and shut it down and open a normal bank account and add that to the paypal account? Avoid all the headaches this bank is obviously giving you.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
There is hundreds of not thousands of other banks.....
I'm not worried at all about finding other banks. Just trying to withdraw what is mine without destroying my long time healthy ppal account.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Paypal wont have an issue with you adding a new bank account. You wont be destroying your paypal account by doing so - youll actually make it better.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Paypal wont have an issue with you adding a new bank account. You wont be destroying your paypal account by doing so - youll actually make it better.
Oh boy.. Your reading this wrong..
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

This isnt about my trying to add banks to my ppal or, finding new banks.

Im trying to open up a fresh sparkling new account at a branch, #1.
#2 - My reason for opening said account is for the purpose of withdrawing what i have left from this online bank of mine and get some bills paid. Thats it.

The bank wants statements from 3 of my accounts ive associated with it in the past. Its restricted from -> (read op above, again). out of the 3 statements they need from me, one of them being paypal. the online bank is aware of my variation name on paypal because ive told them and laid it down to them literally why my name is a variation on my ppal....the very same reason were all here for.

Last edited by okay; 06-19-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

We are reading it correctly. We don't understand why you want to fight with this one bank when you can open another account up online in ten minutes and add it to your healthy paypal and withdraw in a couple days at the most.

Ditch the problematic bank. I personally would not waste any effort on a bank unless they had my funds.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

I agree with Yankee.
If anything youre not explaining the problem properly because we both just gave you the proper answer to the issue you were having...
Explain yourself better if you think we're missing something.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
okay (06-19-2015)
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
We are reading it correctly. We don't understand why you want to fight with this one bank when you can open another account up online in ten minutes and add it to your healthy paypal and withdraw in a couple days at the most.

Ditch the problematic bank. I personally would not waste any effort on a bank unless they had my funds.
Either I really suck at explaining things in writting (i think i do) but my english teacher said i was an excellent story teller!

Maybe some one will know what im trying to do. This is not about ppal, its about getting my money out, by showing docs to the bank before doing so. I dont know how else to explain it.

Im not trying to add any banks to ppal. I already have a working bank on ppal. I am only afraid that once i fax in the statements to the online bank and they say hell no we cant give him his money because his ppal doesnt have his real name on the statement! WILL THEY NOTIFY PPAL OF THIS ?

Last edited by okay; 06-19-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
Either I really suck at explaining things in writting (i think i do) but my english teacher said i was an excellent story teller!

Maybe some one will know what im trying to do. This is not about ppal, its about getting my money out, by showing docs to the bank before doing so. I dont know how else to explain it.
We understand clearly.

Our question to you is why do you insist working with this bank that wants docs?

My suggestion is:

STOP WORKING WITH THAT BANK. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME.

ADD A NEW GOOD BANK TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS AND FORGET ABOUT THE OLD BANK. ONCE NEW AWESOME BANK IS ADDED, REMOVE THE OLD CRAPPY BANK. FORGET THIS CRAPPY BANK EVEN EXISTS.

Is that more clear?

Last edited by yankee; 06-19-2015 at 05:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
okay (06-19-2015)
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
We understand clearly.

ADD A NEW GOOD BANK TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS AND FORGET ABOUT THE OLD BANK. . ONCE NEW AWESOME BANK IS ADDED, REMOVE THE OLD CRAPPY BANK. FORGET THIS CRAPPY BANK EVEN EXISTS

That is the same answer we already gave.

I love you guys for helping me, lets wait for some others to read this. I cant type fast enough to keep up trying to explain quickly so you guys dont waste your time due to misunderstanding my questions.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
We understand clearly.

Our question to you is why do you insist working with this bank that wants docs?

My suggestion is:

ADD A NEW GOOD BANK TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND WITHDRAW YOUR FUNDS AND FORGET ABOUT THE OLD BANK. ONCE NEW AWESOME BANK IS ADDED, REMOVE THE OLD CRAPPY BANK. FORGET THIS CRAPPY BANK EVEN EXISTS.

Is that more clear?
You are very clear about what you are saying and is good advice, yankee. But I already know this. this isnt what I am trying to do. Im only trying to get my dough out of the bank safely without any risk of the bank telling ppal that my name is a variation if they dont let me have my money. thats it.

Its a question of whether or not can they and will they share information with ppal about my stealth account ive been using between both banks.

Last edited by okay; 06-19-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
You are very clear about what you are saying and is good advice, yankee. But I already know this. this isnt what I am trying to do. Im only trying to get my dough out of the bank safely without any risk of the bank telling ppal that my name is a variation if they dont let me have my money. thats it.

Its a question of whether or not can they and will they share information with ppal about my stealth account ive been using between both banks.
That is an altogether different deal.

The bank is holding funds?
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

OK.
So the problem isn't paypal.
The problem is the bank and your wish to close the account with them and get your money out of the bank account.
Already said it - get creative with documents. Have the 'made up variation' name on the statement as you told the bank already. Since youll be giving them a created doc anyway it wont make a difference.
And no I doubt they'll call paypal about this and even if they do they wont have the correct name on it anyway. I myself would make the documents to look like they have your REAL name - so even if they call paypal wont know who theyre talking about. At this point you don't realy have anything to lose anyway.
Hope that answered your question finally.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That is an altogether different deal.

The bank is holding funds?
Correct. They've restricted any access to the funds because they didnt like the withdraws being made to prepaid debits. And they know my name is a variation on the paypal i used to send money in. Im guessing they didnt like that either. They want statements from ppal before i can withdraw the money out. They know of my name variation, remember, BUT say for instance I do fax in the statement WITHOUT modifying my name, just leave it how they know it is. Will I get my Money? If they keep it restricted because of the name variation on the ppal and refuse to give me my money, WILL THEY TELL PPAL ABOUT THE NAME VARIATION ON THE MY PPAL because they think im a fraud for instance?
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

They can not tell PayPal anything. They are not going to call etc...

What can happen is that if they send the funds back your name will show on the reversal kinda like if you paid out using an echeck or accidentally paid ebay fees via bank.
This normally is not an issue if it happened.
Old 06-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK.
So the problem isn't paypal.
The problem is the bank and your wish to close the account with them and get your money out of the bank account.
Already said it - get creative with documents. Have the 'made up variation' name on the statement as you told the bank already. Since youll be giving them a created doc anyway it wont make a difference.
And no I doubt they'll call paypal about this and even if they do they wont have the correct name on it anyway. I myself would make the documents to look like they have your REAL name - so even if they call paypal wont know who theyre talking about. At this point you don't realy have anything to lose anyway.
Hope that answered your question finally.
Well I really doubt ppal wouldnt be able to locate the account. Sure they can, the bank and ppal have plenty of history to go by.

And, changing my name from the variation that the bank already has on file to my real name seems a risk. Especially since I have already explained to the bank on the phone about why my name is different on the ppal. I even told them I pay taxes on it. The banks response to this towards me was, "okay i see, okay..". They acted like the mismatched name was not a big deal and that I just needed a real physical bank branch to withdraw too. Other words, I THINK their main concern was prooving I own the ppal account, by showing a statement. Is the bank lying to me is another way to put it?
who knows really though huh?
Old 06-19-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

How much of a variation is your paypal name from your real name?
Old 06-19-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Also the paypal statement they want to see, is that just the withdraw that is in question?

Because obviously the name in the paypal difference from your bank, so is that what they wanted you to include the withdrawal transaction in your paypal that went to the bank account?