Paypal employee gave interesting advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Paypal employee gave interesting advice

Ok, My paypal account was limited 07/23/07 which was a monday, so of course I was pissed so I contacted a employee from ebay/paypal via myspace, and she gave me some really interesting advice. I told her my situatiion, I told her im a honest seller and my paypal account was limited so shes responded to me and ask me what was the verbiage that paypal used in the email so she could tell me the best route so I emailed her back what paypal sent me which was the normal B.S

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.
We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or
potentially
high risk.

So she said ooh! that's not serious it will happen anytime its a new account and its automatic with the paypal system especially if your sales increase at all. so I asked what do I need to do? she said just fax in the documention. So I said damn! can u just go look at the account to see why it was limited. She said she wish she could but I would have to call in to the company and then be transafered to her to do this.

So in my mind Im like HELL NO! I really don't know her so Ill fax the info. Ok here is where it gets interesting, The first time I faxed the ID it came out dark and paypal asked me to fax it again my guess is because they couldn't read it. So I emailed the PP employee from myspace and told her hey I faxed my id and they said fax it again. She said "stress the situation of you faxing it" so I went back and faxed from the same fax machine same ID nothing changed and it still came up dark but this time I sent a letter that said. Dear Paypal I have faxed my utility bill & ID already and this will be the 2nd time me faxing my ID the same documentaion you requested in your last email. What do you know, in the next email they didn't ask for my ID they asked me for my suppliers contact info. Then I faxed them my suppliers info they sent me this letter

We're sorry, but your account access limitation cannot be lifted at
this time. We need more information about your account before we can restore full access to your account. Please complete the steps below so that we may review your account further:
- The supplier information you provided was invalid. Please re-submit
this information.

So I became curious, I re-faxed the same info from the same fax machine nothing changed but I sent a letter this time that said "Dear Paypal my suppliers information is valid I have faxed this information 3 times already notice I said "3 times" and I have yet to have my account restored.

In the next email what do you know, they didn't ask me for the same information they asked me for new information they wanted shipping information from current customers that had paid me. So I sent them the information now 2 of my csutomers items had went out the sameday because it was a back order. So I faxed paypal the USPS tracking numbers and the info they asked me for and this is the letter they sent me.

Your account access limitation cannot be lifted at this time. We need
more information about your account before we can proceed with the appeal
process. Please complete the steps below so that we may review your
account further:
1.) - PayPal has reviewed the tracking information you provided. The
tracking number(s) you submitted was/were either invalid or do not show
delivery to the buyer's correct address.

So I re-faxed this information back to paypal I photo copied my USPS confirmation slips and sent them to paypal with a letter that said
Dear paypal I have been 110% cooperitive with your company I have faxed all information you requested more then 8 times in the last week can someone please restore my account. I woke up this mornning to this

Our review is complete and we have restored your account.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making
PayPal
the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Now the moral of the story is this, I don't know if the stressing of the faxing & letters Got this situation done any faster but the same information wasn't requested again 3 outta 3 times, but I do know 1 thing there is someone at paypal that reading everything that comes through there. Also I emailed the same ebay/paypal employee and told her my account was restored and she said this.

That really bites and I am sorry. I am just thinking that its because of increased sales or you had a larger sale than normal. The security just protects everyone involved but yes, it can be a pain. I sold a car on eBay - it was a XXXXX and was a $4000.00 purchase, paid through PayPal and I got limited due to the large payment/purchase. I work there and got my account limited. I couldnt walk my information to them but had to fax (faxed from work no less) and had to wait just like everyone else does. Oh well, what can ya do. I do know though that there isnt another payment processor out there that can give you what PP does. Now that you are past this, you shouldnt have any other issues. I dont say this because I work there but because I know it to be true and I use it all the time. Dont know what I did without it to be honest. Again, I am sorry for the issues. Keep in touch.

Tell me what u think you guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lots of information. I've had limits placed on my account before and always had them lifted in good time; Paypal is doing a good job I think.
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Good Post

Be careful and stay on your p's and q's. Paypal can and probably will limit your account again. maybe a month later maybe a year later.

i remembr 1 time 1 had my account limited with $400 bucks in there. So I said what the hell I'll just wait 180 days, but a month later I thought about it and I called to try and get my account restored. Wa Lah! the lady on the phone instantly restored my account.(So yes a person on the phone can instantly restore your account)!. So about a hour later I call back to paypal and ask them about a transaction. While I'm logged in my account and on the phone with paypal representative my account gets limited again 1 hour later!!!(luckily I withdrew all money except for $20) So I was like what the Fuc*. The stupid B i t ch on the phone relimited my account. She said she didnt but I know she did. She probably was mad because my account got restored so easily.

But to tell you the truth. alot of you always complain about paypal, so why don't you leave them alone?? i dont get it. it's like when a buyer buys from a seller who has over 200negatives in one year with 95% rating and when the buyer eithers not gets a item or gets a peice of junk item they want to complain and go ballistic?? You saw the buyer feedback why did you buy from him in the get go??
Old 08-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Good Post

Be careful and stay on your p's and q's. Paypal can and probably will limit your account again. maybe a month later maybe a year later.

i remembr 1 time 1 had my account limited with $400 bucks in there. So I said what the hell I'll just wait 180 days, but a month later I thought about it and I called to try and get my account restored. Wa Lah! the lady on the phone instantly restored my account.(So yes a person on the phone can instantly restore your account)!. So about a hour later I call back to paypal and ask them about a transaction. While I'm logged in my account and on the phone with paypal representative my account gets limited again 1 hour later!!!(luckily I withdrew all money except for $20) So I was like what the Fuc*. The stupid B i t ch on the phone relimited my account. She said she didnt but I know she did. She probably was mad because my account got restored so easily.

But to tell you the truth. alot of you always complain about paypal, so why don't you leave them alone?? i dont get it. it's like when a buyer buys from a seller who has over 200negatives in one year with 95% rating and when the buyer eithers not gets a item or gets a peice of junk item they want to complain and go ballistic?? You saw the buyer feedback why did you buy from him in the get go??
Your right chris, but I use paypal for very limited transaction, because I have a offshore merchant account as well, the fees are much higher for chargebacks but the freedom they give you is endless. Im trying to switch everything over to a swiss bank account to protect my money for the old good US of A in the future. I think paypal is a good system but I do think there shady as well. I guess Ill roll with paypal till the wheels fall off haha. But I do have a back up solution in case they limit me forever. I whip out the old merchant account trick PRESTO!
Old 08-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Lots of information. I've had limits placed on my account before and always had them lifted in good time; Paypal is doing a good job I think.

Yeah, I thought I would share my recent paypal episode with yall.
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
Your right chris, but I use paypal for very limited transaction, because I have a offshore merchant account as well, the fees are much higher for chargebacks but the freedom they give you is endless. Im trying to switch everything over to a swiss bank account to protect my money for the old good US of A in the future. I think paypal is a good system but I do think there shady as well. I guess Ill roll with paypal till the wheels fall off haha. But I do have a back up solution in case they limit me forever. I whip out the old merchant account trick PRESTO!
hey can i get info to offashore merchant account? thats excatly what i was looking for
Old 08-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
hey can i get info to offashore merchant account? thats excatly what i was looking for

High Risk Merchant Account - High Risk Merchant Accounts

This is the one I got but u can find more just type in offshore merchant account inside yahoo search engine, the good part about offshore merchant accounts they don't care if your selling replica's they just wanna make sure your making money and keeping your chargebacks down. Actually they want you to make $50,000 in 1 month on whatever your selling but they do require you to have your own website even if your selling on ebay. Another draw back is they hold funds for a week rather then 3 days but its cool with me. Now all I have to find now is swiss bank account and im great!
Old 08-05-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
High Risk Merchant Account - High Risk Merchant Accounts

This is the one I got but u can find more just type in offshore merchant account inside yahoo search engine, the good part about offshore merchant accounts they don't care if your selling replica's they just wanna make sure your making money and keeping your chargebacks down. Actually they want you to make $50,000 in 1 month on whatever your selling but they do require you to have your own website even if your selling on ebay. Another draw back is they hold funds for a week rather then 3 days but its cool with me. Now all I have to find now is swiss bank account and im great!

Why do you need an oversea account for?? What is the advantage?
Old 08-05-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Why do you need an oversea account for?? What is the advantage?

The biggest reason is because the USA goverment can't tax you unless u tell them u have another account in a foreign country And its know way for them to find out unless u work for a company and your SSN is tied to there payroll department. Also the USA can't tamper with your money if im correct foreign country's call tax ivasion just that tax ivasion not tax fraud. So it's not a crime in a foreign country not to pay taxes on your earnings. But if you keep your money in Domestic bank account let's say Bank Of America you better have the paper work showing that all your taxes were paid or the IRS is going to get really nosey.
Old 08-05-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yeah I don't mess with the IRS. I rather not go to jail for tax evasion.

And its true Paypal is shady. But who isn't.
Old 08-05-2007
Banned

it's 2 things you don't mess with in this world. The IRS and My Money.........!