This is what we are up against now!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default This is what we are up against now!!!!

I have a line that I sell on amazons worldwide and I am also a vendor to amazon who buy this same product. I have been selling this product for over 10 years.

The product has no visible to marking's on the cover apart from the bar code. So we produce our own label to identify the author/artist for our staff to make life easy. However we had a spelling mistake, stupid I know, but this has never been pointed out for many years. A customer gets its, informs amazon its counterfeit and bang, we cannot sell this item anymore.

Spoke to the customer and explained the label, she was happy with the explanation and e mailed amazon the same.

After selling over 5000 units of this product over the years, amazon now want invoices etc if I want to re-list it, to prove its authentic. This we cannot supply as we explained to amazon you are our customer, how can we show you our supplier.

So basically one complaint and the product is suspended.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2015

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: This is what we are up against now!!!!

Happened to me in the past, not on a popular item so I was fortunate.

I think amazon detects the word 'counterfeit' in buyer seller messages (my assumption) because any time this has been mentioned in an email, I get an email from amazon the next day to say the listing is removed as it may be counterfeit etc etc, and they received a complaint from a customer. Chase with customer and they say they never contacted Amazon. No checks done by Amazon etc and only way to get product back online is my proving authenticity.
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Been like this for years. Their bots automatically surf through all messages and catch words like counterfeit, at which point you get an automatic block on that item.
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon is on the warpath right now as far as removing counterfeits goes. It started right after they banned any DVD sales by sellers who are not pre-approved. In the current environment, being able to fight a counterfeit claim is super-difficult.

Typically, from what I have heard from many users is that rather than banning an account, they will cancel an item listing of they get complaints that it is counterfeit. If you get three or more items removed, then the chances of losing the account go up dramatically. Some say that it happens on the fourth complaint, although I have not been able to verify that.

In the case of the OP, I would write an email describing the situation in detail. Stick to FACTS, leave your emotions out of it! Let the email sit for a day or two. Then read it again and make any changes you feel are necessary. The waiting time is IMPORTANT because you want to clear it out of your mind before you try to re-evaluate it. I would say waiting until the next day is the absolute MINIMUM.

Then, when you are satisfied that you email is as good as it can be, email it to jeff@amazon.com - dealing with the normal staff at Amazon is not going to do anything. By sending the email to Jeff, his staff will look at it and probably pass it on to a manager in Seller Performance for an actual decision not made by a fixed set of inflexible rules.

There are no guarantees, of course, but that is what I would do in your situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Ovidiu, I know this.

Yes Jeff I have mailed them, without emotion as amazon have killed all my emotions over the years. I even sent a copy of a purchase order made yesterday by amazon for this same product from our company.

I am 99% sure that this item will be unblocked, but it goes to show that a customer can block a product which has sold over 5000 units on an account with over 1 million feedback.
Old 06-18-2015

Longevity: 56%

yes you wouldn't be able to sell that particular product again until amazon see some invoices. they don't really care about they being customer you kn. they going to say that it will be confidential. smh
Old 06-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Has this happen to me as well. Not quite 5000 sales but I liquidate lots of dead stock clothing. Had one individual buy 4 items from this summer which is considered the off-season for the product. Must have figured he couldn't resell them for what he somehow though he could and did the exact same thing. Claimed they were phake so he could send them back at my expense knowing they were legit. Same deal with the listings being blocked. Its quite unfair and I am going through the same situation sending invoices in. Doubtful Amazon even cares. Had sold 350+ of the item over the last year with no real problems other than a few people buying the incorrect size. Nothing that would warrant one individual killing your listing.
Old 06-20-2015

Longevity: 69%

I believe Amazon makes it too easy for an upset customer to take actions into their own hands.

Upset customers will do anything to harm a good seller.

They need to develop some kind of ratio on a seller before killing high volume sellers that get an odd complaint.
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Micky,

the worst part is that these blocks don't even get a manual review. Just automatic block you and let you try to sort it out with Amazon later.

We're basically treated about the same as actual Amazon employees. A recent interview has Bezos boasting about how little they pay their employees and how they slave drive them.
Old 06-20-2015
Threadstarter  

A BBC article showing the power customers over sellers regarding reviews, interesting!!!

Online reviews 'used as blackmail' - BBC News
Old 06-23-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

Create an invoice. They are all from India. They do not know what to look for nor will they do the work to check the reference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NXLM For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-14-2015), djkonas (10-16-2015)
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 59%

did they unblock this product?
Old 10-14-2015
Threadstarter  

No this product has never been unblocked.

Still selling it from a smaller account.
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 80%

you tried relist the item without permission? sounds stupid but amazon did this to me, i deleted the listing they blocked and resist the item a couple months later
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
you tried relist the item without permission? sounds stupid but amazon did this to me, i deleted the listing they blocked and resist the item a couple months later
No problems on the account? Were you blocked for counterfeit and then asked for invoices?
Old 10-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I have done this before but as the stock was in FBA I could not do this as you cannot re-use the original sku. Rather than creating a return I created the sku in Germany and sold the it this way with cross border fulfilment.
Old 10-16-2015

Longevity: 49%

THE ONLY THING amazon cares about is their TITLE of #1 online vendor or whatever it is. They will push their grandmother in front of a bus to make sure a customer is satisfied. That is their motto.
And yes, anytime Amazon sees counterfit, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ etc in an email, it is auto flagged. You are screwed.
Old 10-16-2015

Longevity: 66%

NXLM suggests to make our own invoices?!...has anyone successfully pulled this off??
Old 10-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkonas View Post
NXLM suggests to make our own invoices?!...has anyone successfully pulled this off??
If you noticed, NXLM has "MU" under his username....Google "Vbulletin MU" and see if you think he's a reliable source of info...