Account rolling along and now Ebay sends this message - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Account rolling along and now Ebay sends this message

I have worked very hard to get one of my new accounts going and going well. Already at 100 fb and doing well. And all of a sudden here comes a message from ebay telling me that my over performance cannot drop anymore.
Fb is 99.5, DSR are all doing well 4.9, 4.8, 4.8, 4.7 except for communication which is 4.2. Of course we all get nailed badly for shipping as buyers think we control the shipping time.

Mainly because several of my last group of buyers who nailed that score for some reason. Several have told me they expected me to send them an email after the auction, send them an email when I received payment, send them an email when I shipped the item and send them another email to check on the item if they liked it.

When I saw the score going down I emailed several of them to ask them why would they rate my communication so low when I sent a thank you email and when it shipped. About all of them who replied said that was not enough communication. I simply do not have time to do all of this.

So with this message from ebay, how in the world can I get those scores up if all the buyers seem to be almost coached into leaving poor DSR's.

Does this mean this account is going to go down then?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2008

Longevity: 93%

Ebay doesnt want sellers like you around anymore, The New Ebay is going to be like Amazon..

And Ebay wants you to have phone support and prompt emails etc.

They most likely will restrict your selling ability.

You were part of their sweep, November 1st was the day the DSR rules take affect.

Last edited by back2ebaypls; 11-04-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

If you use selling manager pro within your ebay account you can set up automatic emails for everything. I send tons of emails to the buyer to let them know whats going on but its all automatic. You just customize the template and then don't worry.
Old 11-04-2008
Threadstarter  

I use Auctiva as suggested here. I do not know how anyone will survive then, because all you need is a group of buyers who give you low scores and you are done.
Is is smart to open a few buyer accounts from a different location and buy my own items and leave 5.0 dsrs to combat this crap?
I actually have a buyer who told me she left me the bottom of all numbers because I did not put a copy of the transaction in the box so she would not have to look up the item herself. You are kidding me right?
Old 11-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art359 View Post
I use Auctiva as suggested here. I do not know how anyone will survive then, because all you need is a group of buyers who give you low scores and you are done.
Is is smart to open a few buyer accounts from a different location and buy my own items and leave 5.0 dsrs to combat this crap?
I actually have a buyer who told me she left me the bottom of all numbers because I did not put a copy of the transaction in the box so she would not have to look up the item herself. You are kidding me right?
Becareful because Ebay might make a connection, the best would be low priced items and offer free shipping, items with little to know issues or complexity. Search a wholesale store and get some items at discount and put them up on ebay..

And yes Ebay is becoming difficult to function at, especially for small sellers.. If you are a powerseller the sheer volume works in your favor.
Old 11-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art359 View Post
I do not know how anyone will survive then, because all you need is a group of buyers who give you low scores and you are done...
That is why it is suggested we make multiple accounts, so that as that happens, we can keep our heads above water.

The tides are coming...

-HeG
Old 11-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Thank you everyone. I need more and better products I guess and then have set up auto emails for the picky customers who want to know when I blink!!!
I have search the wholesale forums and have ran into the same problem as others, everyone is selling the same stuff and if you do not mark it down to almost no profit then you are not going to sell much. I was looking at a seller who was selling one of the similar items to mine and noticed he/she was only making 3-4 buck per item, but.... was selling 1500+ plus of the one item almost per day and every day.
Guess I can keep on looking but the wholesale side of things seem to be all covered by everyone already.
Question for you folks. Do you prefer making low amounts per item and sell lots of items or sell more higher end items and sell less?
I understand to each its own but for someone to make 3-4 bucks after doing all that work and then packing it seems to be something I am missing with that idea.
Thank you all.
Old 11-26-2008

Ya know...this is really incredible. I get my account re-instated have some killer auctions up and about to end. Nice Christmas and rent money and today everything was gone! Powerseller 99.9% Positive Stars of 4.6 4.7 4.7 4.8. BUT according to them my customer satisfaction is at an all time low. WTF? I call....first guy says "Your not so bad let me connect you with Trust and Safety"....that SOB said there's nothing I can do except up my preformance and basically kiss the behinds of the buyers. Where will these buyers come from if I can't SELL for the entire month of December!?
I need a drink!!! And were the hell is my "Chair of Cheer????????
Old 12-05-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default eBay's changing - why?

I believe that eBay is about to get rid of all small time sellers and change to a wholesale/overstock/ outlet kind of site. They treat Small and Medium volume sellers like crap. WTF??? They became successful by becoming an Internet-type Garage Sale for individuals. Why would they throw away such a successful business model? Anyone know?
Old 12-05-2008

Because their white bread corporate no neck pencil pushing geeks that get joy out of axing us into oblivion with the push of a button! WE mean nothing. I was paying an average of 1700.00 a month in fees and I thought NAH not me. Well it is me....and alot of us from reading these forums. I want the good ole Pez days back. You could do no wrong, no stars and you could leave feedback even when you were not the buyer. I've been with them since the gitgo and still am. HA HA but they can kiss my NARU'd behind cause I'm still here selling! Making profits and laughing my NARU's butt off! And I thank whoever for finding this forum! I truely am not worthy! I bow down to you.