Which is a faster verify? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Which is a faster verify?

To verify a new paypal account, which has a faster turnaround time? Would it be adding a credit card or bank account? At first I thought it would be the credit card, but then remembered the expanded use process and having to wait for that. Would that make it about even?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Probably the credit card. It probably takes about one more day for the bank credits.
Old 08-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Ok here's a what if situation. Dealing with a limited account. Ideally you don't want to take down more than one account in the process here by association so keeping that in mind....

I was thinking of either a three tiered transfer of funds or just borrow a line of credit from a new account. Which do you think would be less likely to set off paypal's alarms? See with the bouncing the payment from one account to another, I could send it from one account to a second and then finally to the one I would be depositing into a bank account. Or... I could just transfer it to the second account and add a bank account to that and deposit the money from there directly. But with it being a new account, I'll have to wait for it to become verified before I could do that, and I don't want to jeopardize losing the money in the meantime. Plus, dealing with that much money on a relatively new account is an invitation for a problem as we've discussed. The other two accounts that form the sandwich have been around a while so I'm pretty sure they'll be safer to do this, although I'm not sure.

Do you foresee any problems with regards to a deposit reversal or anything like that if I were to transfer from the one account to the new account and then right on to the 3rd account where it will be deposited? Would that be more, or less likely to cause trouble than to just getting money from the card on the new account and transferring that directly to the third account for deposit? Is there much of a chance that once I start that deposit into my bank that it will be stopped or reversed or anything? Is there a dollar amount that would trigger an automatic flag or reversal (or just paypal's attention) so that you would want to make sure you stay under that amount and just break the transfer up into maybe two parts or something? Would there be an ideal time of the day that this might be less likely to be noticed right off and therefore more successful? Evening perhaps? Morning? Does it matter either way?

I know I *could* just try to transfer the money directly to the third account, but as the object is to avoid association between the two and lessen the likely that both good accounts will be taken down at once, I think the 2nd account might make a good buffer.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Have you ever tried this and what worked and what didn't? I'm kinda strapped for time on this, so would be great to get some quick ideas! Thanks
Old 08-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Modee, do you think that would be the safer way to go with this than the 3-tier method? Even with the second account being the newest? I just want to make sure that I minimize the chance paypal will reverse the deposit before it gets a chance to complete.

Also, where would you supply your online login and password? I haven't found a place for it yet. Other than login of course.
Old 08-03-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
In lieu of verifying bank credits you can supply your online login and password. Instant verification of bank account.
Oh that true, I did that recently with a new Paypal account of mine. It worked great.
Old 08-03-2007
Administrator

Jack with you limited account problem. I don't see a problem sending money between accounts. This will not link accounts in anyway. I do it all the time for my brothers accounts, and other personal accounts of mine. Send the money, and you're good to go.
Old 08-03-2007
Threadstarter  

aspkin, you have mail.

It's actually mainly because the user information is the same. So any fool could tell they're the same person and therefore link the accounts together...unless they don't bother looking. But I'll bet when the dollar amount gets up there, they look. Has it been covered anywhere what dollar amount you start to get into a legal situation with Paypal? Being in the right doesn't mean that they'll just turn their backs on any amount of money.
Old 08-03-2007
Administrator

I don't see the problem with transfering funds between accounts. What kind of legal issues could there be?
Old 08-03-2007
Threadstarter  

I guess that depends on the amount. Anyone know the limit?
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Oh that true, I did that recently with a new Paypal account of mine. It worked great.
I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving Paypal my bank login name and password! I'd have to be in an awfully big rush to consider that! Is this ever seen by anyone or deleted immediately after or what? That's...kinda scary and I'm pretty surprised you guys would do that.
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Its okay. its fine to do that Jack. I have done thatbefore and owed them money and they never touched my account

And if they do you might as well go shopping for a new car and house courtesy of PayPal lawsuit
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
I don't see the problem with transfering funds between accounts. What kind of legal issues could there be?
NOO. i wouldnt do that. I have read that they will limit both accounts fast because of transferring money between 2 accounts often. They know if you are getting money from a auction sale then transferring it and when your are honestly just transferring money to your " daughter in college" often.
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Its okay. its fine to do that Jack. I have done thatbefore and owed them money and they never touched my account

And if they do you might as well go shopping for a new car and house courtesy of PayPal lawsuit
Was part of your passcode also part of another paypal account name? If I do this, I may have to change my passcode beforehand. I don't know. Is it worth bothering with? I would think that giving them another paypal email on a silver platter wouldn't be the best idea in the world, especially when the one I'm trying to get money out of is limited.
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, have you read anything on whether a 2 way or a 3 way transfer would be better? I could skip out one of the steps and just deposit directly, but I thought that throwing that throwaway account in the middle might help a little. Especially since I don't use it often and have never transferred from this account.
Old 08-04-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving Paypal my bank login name and password! I'd have to be in an awfully big rush to consider that! Is this ever seen by anyone or deleted immediately after or what? That's...kinda scary and I'm pretty surprised you guys would do that.
It's not like Paypal is going to steal your information and use it. That's major fraud right there. They don't retain the information either and no one sees this while they confirm your account.
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

aspkin, so you're saying that there would be no point in changing my passcode before submitting? Even though it contains a part of one of my other paypal user names (that I'm not trying to get limited)? It's all done electronically and no one will ever call it back up?
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Chris, have you read anything on whether a 2 way or a 3 way transfer would be better? I could skip out one of the steps and just deposit directly, but I thought that throwing that throwaway account in the middle might help a little. Especially since I don't use it often and have never transferred from this account.
I'm not really sure what your saying, but the best thing to d is just get a paypal debit card and withdraw money from atm. of course you have to wait 90 days until you get card
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris, that's good information for the future but there's no way I'm waiting 90 days for these funds. If you read my earlier posts in the thread, it will be more clear. Basically I'm trying to decide whether a three way money transfer would be more effective than a 2 way, or if that is more likely to cause more problems than just a 2 way transfer (simple transfer between accounts and then deposited). There's more to it than that, but that's the gist. For more details, click back.

Don't the Paypal debit cards put you at risk of sharing a little too much information with ebay/paypal? I mean, the information would have to be accurate for them to mail it to you, they'd have to have a real active and monitored shipping address, and they could always share that with ebay.
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Also, has anyone noticed if Paypal will tend to take longer to deposit higher payment sums than the lower? I mean other than dealing with limitations that might crop up.

And does ANYONE know what price level will trigger the limitation in the first place? Is it more based on your previous business levels than an actual dollar amount? Inquiring minds need to know.
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Quote:
Chris, that's good information for the future but there's no way I'm waiting 90 days for these funds. If you read my earlier posts in the thread, it will be more clear. Basically I'm trying to decide whether a three way money transfer would be more effective than a 2 way, or if that is more likely to cause more problems than just a 2 way transfer (simple transfer between accounts and then deposited). There's more to it than that, but that's the gist. For more details, click back.

Don't the Paypal debit cards put you at risk of sharing a little too much information with ebay/paypal? I mean, the information would have to be accurate for them to mail it to you, they'd have to have a real active and monitored shipping address, and they could always share that with ebay.
Jack i was stating you could do bank transfer until you have 90 days ion to get paypal debit card. it takes 90 days before your eligible for paypal debit card
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Jack its all random. Theres is no way you can really avoid it especially if you have a new account. I have never heard of anyone beating paypal system yet, as we do Ebay.

if your a rookie seller and you get money from paypal you will be limited
Old 08-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Well as mentioned on the first page, I could do the transfer with two older accounts and a new (month or so) old account sandwiched between to hopefully take any of the heat off the more established, or I could just transfer directly from the one good (though limited) account to the new(ish) account and directly deposit it into the bank from there instead of passing it on one more time to the final established account for deposit. If you were to guess, which do you think would be more likely to cause problems? I am thinking that stopping the buck at the newer account might cause more problems simply because it's new, but I don't know. What are your thoughts?