IP change for Time Warner: alternative suggestions - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 06-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: IP change for Time Warner: alternative suggestions

For those of you saying you swap routers.. how are you achieving this? From my understanding the modem is what assigns ip's.. so switching to a new router will just assign the same IP as before. Now for myself I have no problem renewing my IP by leaving my modem unplugged for a while.

So are you saying you can quickly swap a router for a new IP? I recently bought a second router cause I read people were doing that but after some trial and error it does not work cause its the modem assigning the IP..so switching to a new router is useless..for me..I still need to leave the modem unplugged for a while so might as well just keep using just the one same router.

I was hoping for a quick swap to get a new IP so if I'm missing something can someone please explain how to achieve this using two routers.. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Yes it works if you have a basic modem from your ISP ( Internet Service Provider ) Just swap out the Routers this will cause the MAC address to change which will then CHANGE the IP Address.

Or you can just edit you MAC address alot easier. But you need your own router and BASIC internet modem.
Old 06-25-2015

Hmm I'll have to keep experimenting.

I have a Verizon FiOS modem/router which is set to bridge mode by the ISP..I use an airport extreme as my main router. Yesterday I went out and bought a small portable tp link which acts as a router, ap, or repeater, client or bridge. I tried daisy chaining it to my existing router thinking it would provide me another external IP but I was wrong.. only the ISP can provide multiple external ip's under a business account..something I rather not have to pay for..I'm looking for the cheapest most efficient route. I then tried swapping routers but was still given the same IP. So far the only way I've been able to achieve this is leaving the modem off until it releases the IP and renews. But that's time consuming..so I'll most likely just tether from my rooted Android phone.

I've also had success spoofing the Mac address but again requires rebooting the modem. Ideally I'd like to just swap out routers as that seems the fastest for my needs (trying to avoid tethering if I can).

I guess I'll try again with the router swap method and see if I can get it working.
Old 06-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Like I said you cannot use the modem/roter Combo for router swap.

Call and tell them you want the most basic internet which lets you use your own router.
Old 06-25-2015

My modem/router is just a modem.. I called and had them put it in bridge mode so that it only acts as a modem cause I already have my own router.. an apple airport express. It's been set like this for years cause I didn't want to use their router since I already had my own. So not sure what I'm doing wrong.. I'll mess with it again tomorrow but thanks for the help.
Old 06-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee_W View Post
My modem/router is just a modem.. I called and had them put it in bridge mode so that it only acts as a modem cause I already have my own router.. an apple airport express. It's been set like this for years cause I didn't want to use their router since I already had my own. So not sure what I'm doing wrong.. I'll mess with it again tomorrow but thanks for the help.
How is your " Modem/Router " just a modem? Its not.

if you enabled bridge mode you may have success but I find it alot easier just to use the basic internet modem.
Old 06-25-2015

I'm only looking to set up one account but because my wife's account was also restricted by association to my own I rather keep her on a separate IP.. Ideally it would be easier to just tell her to never log in from her old account ever again but that probably wouldn't go over so well . so my plan was to keep the restricted seller accounts as is on my regular network..and then set up another IP just for my own personal needs. Biggest issue is cross contaminating the old and new account so I might just be better off tethering from my phone this way there's no chance she accidentally connects to one of my previous ip's.

I'm not sure how many ip's get recycled residentially on one modem but I fear even if I log my own ip's and switch everytime I go stealth, that one day an old IP will pop up and she'll connect to it...although i think if its been a long period of time, connecting once to a previous IP won't raise a flag?..not sure. Sorry if I'm rambling just thinking as I type .
Old 06-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
How is your " Modem/Router " just a modem? Its not.

if you enabled bridge mode you may have success but I find it alot easier just to use the basic internet modem.
Verizon Router is disabled in bridge mode..only acts as a gate way to my apple router acting as a modem only..it could still cause an issue possibly..I'm not an expert.
Last I checked Verizon only offers router/modem combos unfortunately. I had a hard time getting them to disable the router and put it in bridge mode for me..they are very set in wanting you to use their own service/products. But being my apple router also acts as a backup to my network and I would leave as a customer..they allowed me to have it bridged.
Old 09-09-2015

Longevity: 49%

Hi I am new here and I really need to know how to change my IP address I have bt router I am using iPad all time can someone help thank you
Old 09-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - what happens to the IP when you shut the router off and restart?
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 46%

I am a newbie and still trying to figure this all out. I'm on a family network w/ router and assume the isp is unchanging and can't really reset it, especially not repeatedly. I was limited permanently by paypal. Are there 2 methods to get onto the internet you/others are discusssing . I have verizon and t mobile tabs open. 1/ using a prepaid cell phone and then a mobile broadband plan that gives you internet access using in this instance verizon - its $50/month or 2] buying a usb dongle like the tmobile jet that you put into your existing computer and it gets you onto the internet without going through your existing home internet wifi arrangement? Or am I mixing up too many components/methods? Again, not real computer literate but able to understand once it is explained to me.
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 66%

The best way to be safe with your stealth, it is VPS. You can connect from any device worlwide without worries to destroy your account...
But! Find provider with Windows 7 or another home versions of the OS, not server versions like Windows Server etc.
Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsad View Post
I am a newbie and still trying to figure this all out. I'm on a family network w/ router and assume the isp is unchanging and can't really reset it, especially not repeatedly. I was limited permanently by paypal. Are there 2 methods to get onto the internet you/others are discusssing . I have verizon and t mobile tabs open. 1/ using a prepaid cell phone and then a mobile broadband plan that gives you internet access using in this instance verizon - its $50/month or 2] buying a usb dongle like the tmobile jet that you put into your existing computer and it gets you onto the internet without going through your existing home internet wifi arrangement? Or am I mixing up too many components/methods? Again, not real computer literate but able to understand once it is explained to me.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by Family Network, router. If you want to change your IP address for a monthly paid internet service like Time Warner cable or Comcast, the best way I have found is to unplug the router for 24 to 48 hours and it should change the IP address however sometimes it takes longer. This could very well be suitable for you if you just plan on using one single eBay and PayPal account. If you plan on making more than one eBay account then One of the easiest ways to get started would be to utilize your phone as a mobile hotspot or to get a internet device, MiFi or dongle. AT&T and Verizon have pretty good options. You can use T Mobile or sprint but these two carriers have very small IP pools which means you'll get a lot repeat IP addresses. If you already have a phone that is capable of becoming a hotspot that would probably be the cheapest and easiest way to start.

Either way if you have a home internet service I would recommend trying to change the IP address anyway just in case you ever accidentally connect to that internet with your new accounts.
Old 08-01-2016

Longevity: 62%

If I buy a used "dongle" from Ebay,
might that be a problem?

Also, is the term "dongle," something invented here in the aspkin forums,
because I've searched at stores for a "dongle" and they don't carry "dongles" and don't know what they are.

The only term I've heard used in this forum, however, is "dongle."
Old 08-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainbuster View Post
If I buy a used "dongle" from Ebay,
might that be a problem?

Also, is the term "dongle," something invented here in the aspkin forums,
because I've searched at stores for a "dongle" and they don't carry "dongles" and don't know what they are.

The only term I've heard used in this forum, however, is "dongle."
Dongle is a UK word. The term u want to look for is "Mifi" or "USB Modem". I don't know if you would be interested but a lot of us use one of these:
**WARNING - EBAY LINK**
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIFI-5510-FU...UAAOSwuhhXUaOf
These devices are "hacked" to work on Verizon 3G Network, so you aren't going to get fast speed but you will get a huge IP Pool and Unlimited Data.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 37%

Best way to get new TWC IP's is by changing the MAC Address on the router connected to the modem, not the MAC Address on the modem. Or by using a company I've found called AffiliateStealth. They have all TWC IP's all over the USA and I have been able to manage 3 different Paypal & eBay accounts by saving 3 different IP's on their service and 3 different windows user profiles. Saves me so much headaches. Works like a charm. Saved me money in the long run.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdntblu For This Useful Post:
4gmultiproxy (06-30-2019)
Old 06-18-2020

Longevity: 22%

Guys, am I supposed to get a stable IP address for each user account? when restarting the router I always get new Ip addresses, so I cannot get my user accounts' old ones. Is it okay if I have a list of Ip addresses separated on each user account?