First (and hopefully only) Etsy Stealth Account Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 07-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Lightbulb First (and hopefully only) Etsy Stealth Account Question

Hi guys, I;m brand new here..
I had a VERY successful etsy account, which I was making a living off of. Roughly 10 months ago, it was shut down for the stupidest reason. . I was shut down because of copyright infringement of the word 'onsie' in my listings lol. I had no idea that the term 'onsie' was copyrighted by Gerber...
Anyway I am here 10 months later, sick of working 60 hours a week for $13 an hour, wishing to work for myself full time on etsy.
I have moved since then, gotten a new bank account, new internet provider, but I have the same computer..
1) Do I need a new computer to have a new successful stealth account?
2.) Do I need to make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name for myself? (actual name, not shop name)

My new shop is selling artwork prints, as my old shop was selling tshirts and baby onsies.. I'll have a new shop name, with a different category, with a new email, etc!
I also desire to create a shop for supplies, and maybe a jewelry shop..

Think I'll get away with it? Any pointers to give me? Thank you!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: First (and hopefully only) Etsy Stealth Account Question

Not 100% sure on this but I think you'll be fine. If it were me, I'd use a friends name for the new account, just for the peace of mind. But think about it. If you re-located and changed internet providers, the only way they might be able to tie you to your old account would be your computer(maybe), or maybe your cell phone(maybe). But lets say (hypothetically speaking) you had sold your computer to another person. There's no way for the "online site" to know that, so it would be difficult for the "site" to tie any computer to any person. Last thing, If your offense for losing your previous account wasn't very serious like burning someone for a lot of money, then they probably won't even care that you are making a new account. They probably even prefer it, because ultimately they are making $ off of you and the only reason they had to bane your account is because they didn't want to get sued by Gerber for allowing you to use the copy write. Again I'm not 100% on the info I'm just thinking logically. Hope this helped
Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 57%

I don't believe that Et.sy is high-tech enough to connect you through your computer itself but do not use your same phone #. Get a G number or something. The phone number certainly would link you and they don't use it anyway. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 51%

I'd make new login account on your comp to be safe.also you probably could use a variation of your name as well. Jenny jones = J.jones Jenny j. Or Jenny Janes etc.
I've done this with ebay & etsy. It's easier to stealth when you move . IMHO
Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - stealth principles do work for etsy so you don't need new computer just new user account on your old computer is fine with all other relavant information being NEW including name, address, IP, etc.