PayPal May Not Remain an Independent Company for Very Long - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default PayPal May Not Remain an Independent Company for Very Long

PayPal may not remain an independent company for very long. There is a lot of speculation that several companies would like to BUY PayPal. It DOES make sense. Whoever ends up owning PayPal will own one of the largest payment systems in the world. They would also be able to mine a treasure trove of data.

One of the most interested companies MIGHT just be Google:

One Way Google Could Really Take on Amazon: Buy PayPal | WIRED
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal May Not Remain an Independent Company for Very Long

Just because one analyst thinks google 'should' buy paypal doesnt mean it will happen.
Everything in the article is speculation and analytical in nature. There is no indication in the real world that anyone is making any sort of move so I don't see anything like happening anytime soon.
Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Actually, I think that PayPal could make an attractive takeover target for the RIGHT COMPANY. I'm not sure that Google is that company, but Visa or Mastercard could be. Let's just pray that if it DOES happen, PayPal does not get bought out by a bank (not that it would automatically make PayPal a bank).
Old 07-03-2015

Longevity: 53%

Not gonna happen...the companies separated due to Carl Icahn's pressuring it. They wouldn't split just to be bought out by someone else. Actually I take that back...everything is for sale, for the right price.
Old 07-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

I could see an Asian company buying it, in all honesty, they could benefit a lot from it. I mean, Google would be making a killin from the purchase as well, they could take over the structure and make it better, add bitcoin and all sorts of things.

BUT, new owner might want to go other direction and make it more of a financial service based on credit cards and **** like this.

it has potential, but thats about it. It has made itself a strong name, thats the only reason anybody would buy it.
Old 07-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Icahn should buy it and reform it - he has a rep for destroying companies so could benefit us all
Old 07-03-2015

Longevity: 51%

Paypal needs to be investigated by the trade commission. I'm sick of them making their own rules. The latest is "Even if you work in the same building and are on the same network as another paypal account holder. You will be limited or shut down until they fix their account issue." Then when I ask, "ok what is their account issue?" "We cant disclose that info, you are not authorized on that account" Ok then what are you leaving me with? "I'm sorry sir but until John Doe satisfies our requirements, you too will have to suffer since you share one piece of info with them"

Now that is 100% BS!!
Old 07-03-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Not gonna happen...the companies separated due to Carl Icahn's pressuring it. They wouldn't split just to be bought out by someone else. Actually I take that back...everything is for sale, for the right price.
They split because Ebay was holding it back. Paypal is the value not Ebay who has limited growth potential. If Ebay had never bought Paypal a company with much broader reach likely would have. They just married the wrong partner. Paypal needs a company they just don't need Ebay. Apple or Facebook could have done so much more with them.

I don't see Paypal going on its own very long. If you had these great plans to grow you could have done it all these years with Ebay. To me they broke from Ebay so they could pretty themselves up for a new suitor. Facebook has integrated itself in so many sites they make the most sense.
Old 07-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the next 5-10 years
Old 07-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmillions View Post
Paypal needs to be investigated by the trade commission. I'm sick of them making their own rules. The latest is "Even if you work in the same building and are on the same network as another paypal account holder. You will be limited or shut down until they fix their account issue." Then when I ask, "ok what is their account issue?" "We cant disclose that info, you are not authorized on that account" Ok then what are you leaving me with? "I'm sorry sir but until John Doe satisfies our requirements, you too will have to suffer since you share one piece of info with them"

Now that is 100% BS!!
This really isn't a place for you to rant about your personal issues with Paypal. Although your limitation may seem unfair to you, Paypal must create their own rules like all other financial institutes to stay alive. If they let all of their customers do whatever they want, Paypal will go bankrupt within a day.
Old 07-04-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
This really isn't a place for you to rant about your personal issues with Paypal. Although your limitation may seem unfair to you, Paypal must create their own rules like all other financial institutes to stay alive. If they let all of their customers do whatever they want, Paypal will go bankrupt within a day.
^^^^^true
Old 07-04-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansback View Post
They split because Ebay was holding it back. Paypal is the value not Ebay who has limited growth potential. If Ebay had never bought Paypal a company with much broader reach likely would have. They just married the wrong partner. Paypal needs a company they just don't need Ebay. Apple or Facebook could have done so much more with them.

I don't see Paypal going on its own very long. If you had these great plans to grow you could have done it all these years with Ebay. To me they broke from Ebay so they could pretty themselves up for a new suitor. Facebook has integrated itself in so many sites they make the most sense.
Facebook with all of its government ties...just what we need.
Old 07-05-2015

Longevity: 54%

Hypothetically speaking, if PayPal is bought out by the wrong corporation it could mean the end to stealth accounts. On the other hand, maybe change will benefit us all. I'm excited/nervous to see what happens .
Old 07-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the next 5-10 years
Sounds like an interview - where do you see yourself in 5 years....?
Old 07-05-2015

Longevity: 77%

Well I would say one thing for Paypal. A few years ago they were a nightmare. I remember stealth accounts where I take my first payment and was limited. Since the 21 day hold was put on I rarely see limits. Some may have a different experience but for me paypal is easier to deal with than years ago.