Do Amazon reviews have to come from people who have bought the item? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Do Amazon reviews have to come from people who have bought the item?

Or can I just ask friends and family to leave good reviews? I'm guessing Amazon wont like this but I wonder if anyone else has tried it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-06-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Do Amazon reviews have to come from people who have bought the item?

someone needs to buy it. be it friends or family.

u can use promotions and give them voucher codes so that they dont have to pay. you will bear the cost of course.
Old 07-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Do Amazon reviews have to come from people who have bought the item?

I see, well that isn't so bad, I can take the hit of some seller fees that's not end of the world.
Old 07-06-2015

good luck!
Old 07-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Would this be a bad idea if my account is currently under review or do they not care?
Old 07-06-2015

i have never tried that. but i dont think it matters. my opinion would be do it without raising any suspicion like relatives from far or friends not in the neighbourhood etc..

you could also put that in your plan of action; asking your customers for review to make sure your products are good etc
Old 07-06-2015

Longevity: 93%

When you give voucher codes for free product do you still have to pay full amazon fees? For example, if it's a $300 product that I give away for free with a voucher, am I paying amazon fees on $300?
Old 07-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm wondering this as well.
Old 07-06-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

You can leave reviews for items you haven't purchased.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (07-08-2015)
Old 07-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

How do you go about offering someone a voucher ?

Is there an option somewhere in the seller account ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 07-07-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You can set up a voucher code to eitehr give up to 99% discount or you can set it it to give £x off.
Old 07-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
When you give voucher codes for free product do you still have to pay full amazon fees? For example, if it's a $300 product that I give away for free with a voucher, am I paying amazon fees on $300?

Im not sure. Try asking seller support perhaps? but i feel like you will only pay some fees after the voucher codes.

And metatrade, you have to get a professional merchant account ie subscription to get that feature.
Old 07-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhbizz View Post
you have to get a professional merchant account ie subscription to get that feature.
I have a pro subscription but I've never seen that option anywhere.

Where is it located ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There is a service called SnagShout that offers buyers a DEEP DISCOUNT on products purchased on Amazon in exchange for writing a review about the product. Vendors can also sign up with them to get their products reviewed.

They stress that buyers may NOT be asked for only glowing, positive reviews, that the reviews themselves must be honest. I am not sure how much they charge for their services.

I have bought a few products this way and THOUGHT about using them, but so far, I have not. Anyway, here is the link to check it out:

http://snagshout.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (07-08-2015), Productions (08-10-2015)
Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 93%

There are a few facebook groups that do the same thing. Vendors and frugal buyers congregate and stuff gets offered for 80‰ off in exchange for a review.
Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 56%

Be careful, abuse it and you might get suspended due to Feedback manipulation.
Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

Buddy, just send your customers polite email or leave a note in there shipment asking for feedback. Feedback is not that important, unless you are getting negatives and in that case you must be doing something wrong. Feedback back rate is less than 1 feedback in 20 orders and amazon know this. Maybe if you sell 20 items and get 20 feedbacks this may raise a flag with seller performance, who knows.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO IS MAINTAIN YOUR METRICS then you should have no problems.
Old 08-10-2015

Create a promotion code and give it to friends or family. You will be paying fees on the discount price not the full price of the product.
The Following User Says Thank You to REFLECT For This Useful Post:
oooSMOKYooo (09-14-2015)
Old 08-10-2015

What about the VINE voice reviewers? I contacted Seller Support they are like you need to be invited to that program. LOL.
Old 08-10-2015

Longevity: 57%

Amazon is weeding out reviews if they link you to family and friends and takes them down. Also for coupon reviews, amazon may hit you with their algorithm and remove those as well, it is happening you can search google. Lots of people have their reviews removed that were given from coupon codes and review groups.

I'm creating my own stealth buyer accounts for my initial reviews and help to boost my product rank for keyword searches.
Old 08-11-2015

How do all these vendors still launch new products and get reviews saying "I received a sample unit for an unbiased review"? I still see people doing it on new products released.
Old 08-11-2015

Longevity: 57%

Yes that is a known tactic for launching products.

They do that by going on review group sites.. and review clubs. A popular one is a site called Tomoson. You offer your product for free via a coupon code that you give these reviewers and they give an "unbiased review." You are not allowed to pay them, that's against Amazon TOS.

HOWEVER, amazon has been updating their algorithms and they have been cracking down on removing these "coupon code" reviews. So a lot of people now are finding that some of these reviews are disappearing. That's why I don't really recommend coupon code verified purchases.. I rather just lower the sale price initially without a coupon code (although then you have no control of how many people start buying and then you having to fulfill all those orders). But initially it might not hurt to lower your price to break even point. The purchases will help rank you with Keyword searches. Reviews only help give you social proof and it doesn't affect ranking at all -- except it helps buyers buy your product because they see all the good reviews..and the more sales you make the better you rank with amazon's search engine. And remember you want your own private labeled product to be in the first page of a keyword search -- and you want the prime real estate of landing on the top 3 products listed on that search, then you start making good sales because of high traffic.

I just want to be able to create my own method of Stealth buying and leaving reviews. That would be most powerful I am able to create 1000s of stealth buyers accounts Lol. If anyone wants to bounce off ideas on how to do that or if anyone has already succeeded in this feat, let's talk!

Last edited by Productions; 08-11-2015 at 10:40 PM.