Suspended! Stop payment notice on VCC? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 07-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Suspended! Stop payment notice on VCC?

Whats up everybody,
1st these forums have been a huge help . I have Been asking around generally with a little help but I will just be straight forward and specific here. Hopefully it could help others as well .

In a nutshell I Recently was kicked off E.tsy for copyright. .For some of the same weird infringements you've seen around. Ive been on there for 4-5 years no problems (someone got kicked of for copyright on "onsie" really?) New IPO so they are crackin down i guess, Anyway....

Bought an EB/PP account from a trusted seller here on aspkin. I decided to use the same info for e.t.sy stealth. Threw a couple listings up ( different pics, ip, same metadata but dont think thats the problem ) IMMEDIATELY afterwards they ask for a CC with name to pay your bill when it arrives. IN the past I just used my PP or BA to pay off fees. SO I entered my stealth info VCC included . ACCOUNT SUSPENDED in bright red atop the screen . I then sent them an email for more info, thinking its already suspended cant get much worse might as well see if they actually found me out or just a mistake. HERE are the EMAILs below

Hello, My name is ____. I recently was trying to open a shop here on E.tsy. When I entered my credit card It did not go through properly? II have other cards available just did not get the chance to enter. A message stated that I contact et.sy support. Please advise as I am new to this and not quite sure as what happened. Any help would be wonderful . Again I am new so I am not even sure if this is the correct way to get in touch with www.et.sy.com. Thank you .

-------

Greetings,

This is Matthew from Et.sy's Tr.ust & Sa.fety Team. I hope this email finds you well. Your account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to a stop payment notice from your card issuer about recent failed attempts to authorize your credit card on file. Please note that this precaution is taken at the request of your card issuer in order to protect the integrity of our marketplace and the security of our member's financial information.

In order to verify your authorization to use the credit cards attached to this account, please provide a copy of a government issued photo ID or a bank statement for the cardholder on your account, _____ _______. Once we have verified your authorization we can restore your account privileges.

If you have any questions please feel free to include them in your reply.
----------
OKAY, how do I go about this WITHOUT photoshop documents? I really would like to avoid that ya know. SO do I dump that account and start over anew?What do I do at that point? I've literally made more accounts already, ready to go , when i get to that part I just let them chill and get ready for future use.

Ive done some searching but Im assuming most people will say you can use gift cards, entropay or Vanilla V card which i really thought was to be only used as verification for et.sy not necessarily payment. I am open to that option(gift card or Vanilla V) even though e.tsy ask for a name on the card .
I have multiple EB stealths (some good some failed) maybe I am making this too hard ? Like i said in the past I just paid my fees with my BA or PP on e.tsy (non stealth)

Hope I get some good feedback and discussion , if not then maybe it will help someone else that came across this same email. TIA

*also in no way am I trying to place fault on the guy who sold me the stealth acct/VCC ! he was very helpful and my EB is going great*

Im in the USA also.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2015

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Suspended! Stop payment notice on VCC?

I do not do VCCs but I DO know that Et.sy is as shady as the day is long so it seems like an underhanded way of making a new account owner provide ID without coming out and saying "we don't trust you and we want to make sure you are not a banned user."

Maybe I am paranoid. Years on Et.sy made me that way!
The Following User Says Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
Knotorious (07-06-2015)
Old 07-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

So what CC/VCC/Gift Card did you use to open the Etsy Account? I would also suggest you open a new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Knotorious (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015
Threadstarter  

I had to go back and double check . I hadnt attached any CC/VCC/ or gift card.
Just input stealt.h info and PP (w/ a new fresh BA )

MM78 Yea Im thinking about getting a new BOA account and CC with business name on it . Might enter that in the future , as of now Im just leaving it alone and already began working on another.
Old 07-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberrain1970 View Post
I do not do VCCs but I DO know that Et.sy is as shady as the day is long so it seems like an underhanded way of making a new account owner provide ID without coming out and saying "we don't trust you and we want to make sure you are not a banned user."

Maybe I am paranoid. Years on Et.sy made me that way!

Thanks for the input . I wondered also if this was a new tactic to catch banned users.
The Following User Says Thank You to Knotorious For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (07-09-2015)