Buyer opened up paypal item not received, 3 months after buying item on ebay. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Buyer opened up paypal item not received, 3 months after buying item on ebay.

I could have sworn that ebay purchases have to go through ebay disputes, but I guess I was wrong.

3 months later!?!?! Even worse, it cancelled a withdrawal that I had processing for the past 2 days. I didn't even know paypal holds onto your money during a withdrawal for that long, that allows them to take it back. I needed this money in my checking account for something that was going to be processed through it! UGH!!

tracking shows it getting to his country, 2 1/2 months ago. That's it tho.

Do I have ANY option?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Buyer opened up paypal item not received, 3 months after buying item on ebay.

Where did you ship the item? I'm going to assume Brazil or anywhere in Africa. They seem to have the LONGEST holds in customs ever.

Shipped by USPS first class international?

I'd just refund them.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Buyer opened up paypal item not received, 3 months after buying item on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
Where did you ship the item? I'm going to assume Brazil or anywhere in Africa. They seem to have the LONGEST holds in customs ever.

Shipped by USPS first class international?

I'd just refund them.
It was sent to belgium, first class international. Hold times is one thing.... but 2 1/2 months?
Old 07-09-2015

I've shipped a few things to Belgium and didn't have any issues.

You could start a USPS case on their website to see if they could possibly track it down.

But your best bet is to just refund him and move on
Old 07-09-2015

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Oh yeah I forget shipping international in some cases it won't "show delivered" ....

I'm fortunate enough to have the customers who usually ALWAYS in these circumstances leave feedback, honest people. They leave feedback to show they got the item and are happy with it, because if its in one of those countries that doesn't show "delivered" they could open and EASILY win any case eBay or Paypal if they wanted.

You have to do your own research when it comes to this. If you know your shipping a item that won't show "delivered" you need to check,
  • feedback
  • history on eBay
  • feedback left for sellers
  • what they buy (if you can see)

If its something expensive and you ship, you have no one to blame but YOU if you ship knowing it won't show in the tracking as "delivered".
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Oh yeah I forget shipping international in some cases it won't "show delivered" ....

I'm fortunate enough to have the customers who usually ALWAYS in these circumstances leave feedback, honest people. They leave feedback to show they got the item and are happy with it, because if its in one of those countries that doesn't show "delivered" they could open and EASILY win any case eBay or Paypal if they wanted.

You have to do your own research when it comes to this. If you know your shipping a item that won't show "delivered" you need to check,
  • feedback
  • history on eBay
  • feedback left for sellers
  • what they buy (if you can see)

If its something expensive and you ship, you have no one to blame but YOU if you ship knowing it won't show in the tracking as "delivered".
I've rarely had an issue with items not showing delivered. Post office keeps claiming that once it gets to the country, tracking won't show anything. Even after I've shown the post office, that in 95% of my shipments, it showed delivery.

Either way, once a person buys an item, they've bought it. You can't exactly cancel it when you realize they have been giving sellers bad feedback. And when you ship a lot of things, you aren't going to go looking into the entire history of every single buyer you come across.

We have no one to blame but ourselves, for the simple act of living. Car crash? I decided to drive. Getting shot? I decided to talk outside. Getting house broken in to, my fault for having a house.

There are things we can do, to be safer, but at a certain point, you start sacrificing too much.

And, this is 3 months later....
Old 07-09-2015

Does anyone know if when using the eBay global shipping program eBay will protect you on lost shipments since they processed the items?
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
Does anyone know if when using the eBay global shipping program eBay will protect you on lost shipments since they processed the items?
They say it does. I'm curious if someone can open a paypal case 179 days later tho....
Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
They say it does. I'm curious if someone can open a paypal case 179 days later tho....
The limit is 180 days. You are getting scammed most likely.
Old 07-09-2015

Quote:
We have no one to blame but ourselves, for the simple act of living.
And, this is 3 months later....
When you go to ship and print the label it tells you if it will show "delivered" or not.

And if you don't know don't ship internationally. I was speaking in a general sense but yes it is the sellers responsibility. We have to accept eBays and paypals policies good/bad.

I'm just saying if you don't take any sort of responsibility IF a item is shipped to a location where you KNOW before shipping it won't show "delivered" in tracking, you can't be mad....your the one taking the gamble.

And there are plenty of ways to cancel a order IF this is the reason.

But the best thing to note is what countries DON'T show in tracking delivered. I'm just being realistic...

Trust me I'M NOT saying the buyer is right. But if you want to avoid from this happening again, I recommend taking notes of what countries don't show "delivered" and DON'T ship there..

Last edited by solefoodbk; 07-09-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
When you go to ship and print the label it tells you if it will show "delivered" or not.

And if you don't know don't ship internationally. I was speaking in a general sense but yes it is the sellers responsibility. We have to accept eBays and paypals policies good/bad.

I'm just saying if you don't take any sort of responsibility IF a item is shipped to a location where you KNOW before shipping it won't show "delivered" in tracking, you can't be mad....your the one taking the gamble.

And there are plenty of ways to cancel a order IF this is the reason.

But the best thing to note is what countries DON'T show in tracking delivered. I'm just being realistic...

Trust me I'M NOT saying the buyer is right. But if you want to avoid from this happening again, I recommend taking notes of what countries don't show "delivered" and DON'T ship there..
I'm pretty sure, that I don't remember when I've printed an international label, and it didn't have that warning about no delivery confirmation. And yet, I checked, and 95% of the things I've shipped international, show delivered.

This no delivered package is a rare thing.

We take a gamble selling on ebay. Period. Any and EVERY sale, can end up bad for a seller. I don't care how careful you are, what you do, what precautions you take, ANY buyer can screw you over on ANY listing, for ANY item. No if's and's or but's. Every day, we are just lucky, that the buyer we have, doesn't know how to game the system. Lucky that the buyer we have, has some morals.
Old 07-10-2015
Threadstarter  

I also think it's safe to say, that any one of us ebay stealthers, could destroy any seller, if we so chose to do so. With knowledge of how to not get suspended, also comes the knowledge of how to get someone suspended.
Old 07-12-2015

Quote:
I also think it's safe to say, that any one of us ebay stealthers, could destroy any seller, if we so chose to do so. With knowledge of how to not get suspended, also comes the knowledge of how to get someone suspended.
Yep lol.

Whenever I see someone buy from me who's a seller to relist for profit, I'm cool with it because usually they don't make much more. Sometimes they can think if they don't sell within X amount of days they can refund and act very rude.

Sometimes it gets under my skin but everytime something or anything involved with a competitor happens I smile because I could destroy anyone of them if I wish.

It's not always the suspension, a slow death (I.e negatives, Dsr's) is just as good. We (at least some) may not use them all but have LOTS of back up stealths. It's like a hidden army that can take out any account if I choose to haha.

Unless it's stealth vs stealth
Old 07-12-2015

The other thing to is having a old vs new account.

I can't count the number of times I've been told one thing come to find out it was actually possible to get done.

For instance I just had an account receive a negative from this jerk. I was like okay fine I call in took 4 reps until I got the negative removed. Granted I technically shouldn't have by eBays policy but STILL got it removed.

He then hopes a case to return........I HAD a 14 day return policy and STILL GOT THE CASE CLOSED IN MY FAVOR. hahaha...amazing.

So since I've called eBay and seen how some accounts do really get treated differently upon creation when some rep tells me something I know is not true, its really hard to bite my tongue.