First post on Amazon side, please read - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-10-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default First post on Amazon side, please read

Heyy so this is my FIRST post on this side of the thread.

I've always thought about selling on Amazon but today just threw me for a loop.

I bought 4 light bulbs from this seller who is established, has 94% ratings (not sure if thats great/good) but I only got 1 light bulb. I never had a issue before on Amazon so I tried to contact the seller and ask whats going on with my order and it only allowed me to contact Amazon.

For one the stealth in me was a little thrown off that I had to enter my number on the account and THEY would call me with the number associated on the account. Well I explained everything and this lady just refunded my card and let me keep the 1 light bulb.

I only needed 1 but if I paid for 4 I'd like to get the other 3. I just ....am taken back, is this normal for Amazon to do this? I mean I supplied 0 evidence beyond my word and got refunded. Obviously I'm glad but as a seller on eBay its strange for this to happen so easily.

What happens to the seller now? Does it hit his/her account or does AMAZON take the hit? Very interested in responses as I was really thinking about starting to sell on Amazon.

Little scared now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: First post on Amazon side, please read

Why scared?

The item you purchased from, is it FBA or 3rd party seller?

Amazon customer services is BEST
Old 07-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Because I'm impressed as a buyer, but as a seller....come on you have to know where I'm going with this..

Yes there customer service is way better than eBay but I knew that before selling on eBay anyways.

It was 3rd party seller.
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Soooo the seller metrics get burned and he looses the $$$$
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (07-10-2015)
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

In this case I think Amazon will eat the cost themself
Old 07-10-2015
Threadstarter  

How often does this happen as a seller? I mean I didn't have to file anything... I'm obviously filtering everything eBay because that's all I know.

Seller metrics I'm assuming is like dsr or overall selling rating?
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
How often does this happen as a seller? I mean I didn't have to file anything... I'm obviously filtering everything eBay because that's all I know.

Seller metrics I'm assuming is like dsr or overall selling rating?
pretty much but more volatile in both a good and bad way.
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

Yourr pretty much screwed up if you are a seller.

But thats why customer loves amazon. They get a very good customer service and refunds if not satisfied.

Hence inviting more sellers. Its like a loop.
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I rarely get screwed on Amazon, but like eBay, they most often side with the customer in any disputes. For some things, the margins on Amazon are a lot better than on eBay.

eBay calls their system Detailed Seller Ratings, Amazon calls theirs Account Health and focuses on the "defect rate". Same basic thing, but with one key difference. On Amazon, buyers don't rate you on each point. They also RARELY leave feedback. Amazon considers a defect any sale where certain things go wrong.

The one thing most sellers don't like is the A-Z Guarantee. Basically, the buyer has 45 days to file a claim and may return a product for almost any reason.

All in all, Amazon is really no more difficult than eBay. Each has its own good and bad points. If you are successful at eBay, there is no reason you cannot be successful at Amazon.

I would never sell high-value items on either one, with the exception of my rare books. With those, there are very few scammers. And I pay a lot less for a book then I sell it for. Having said that, if I ever came across a book that was SUPER-VALUABLE, like something that was one of the first editions published by Gutenberg or something, I would probably take that to Christie's.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (07-11-2015)
Old 07-11-2015
Threadstarter  

The part of found strange was I just got refunded instantly, well in 2-3 business days.

On eBay you have to open a case and go threw the steps we all know about. With Amazon it was like the sellers opinion didn't matter. My point is I COULD have been lying, even though I wasn't and they just off my word gave me the refund.

Thats a little surprising but again as a buyer, amazing customer service, as a seller makes me wonder.

I was and am planning on potentially start selling books on there. I know you sell them Jeff. I would on eBay but I know Amazon is best for books. I might try it out but I already know its going to be headache learning the steps to making a GOOD stealth.

Amazon from these threads and my minimal experience seems to be WAY stricter on catching us.
Old 07-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It really is not THAT difficult. Amazon uses browser fingerprinting. The best way to avoid any issues with that and their other security measures is to use a different PC and ISP for each stealth Amazon, or start the accounts on a VPS. A VPS eliminates the need for a new PC and ISP with each account. A good Linux VPS can be had for about $10 per month and once you install a desktop environment, it is very close to using a Windows PC.
Old 07-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
The part of found strange was I just got refunded instantly, well in 2-3 business days.

On eBay you have to open a case and go threw the steps we all know about. With Amazon it was like the sellers opinion didn't matter. My point is I COULD have been lying, even though I wasn't and they just off my word gave me the refund.

Thats a little surprising but again as a buyer, amazing customer service, as a seller makes me wonder.

I was and am planning on potentially start selling books on there. I know you sell them Jeff. I would on eBay but I know Amazon is best for books. I might try it out but I already know its going to be headache learning the steps to making a GOOD stealth.

Amazon from these threads and my minimal experience seems to be WAY stricter on catching us.
I'm 99.9% sure the item you purchased was FBA (Fulfilled By Amazon).

Did you receive it via Amazon Prime? If so, it was FBA.

And if it's FBA, it's AMAZONS responsibility to make sure you get the item you ordered. Since AMAZON shipped the item, they (their warehouse associates) should have NOTICED the item was not as described BEFORE dispatching it. Since the product was missing parts/pieces, Amazon basically says, "Well, our warehouse employees probably screwed this up. Let's refund the buyer so he will continue to purchase from Amazon."

To answer your question, Amazon paid this out of pocket. It's a drop in the bucket for them, and they keep BOTH the buyer AND seller happy. Win-Win-Win.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-12-2015), yankee (07-12-2015)
Old 07-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Seems like it was the seller who shipped it out himself/herself