Is my ebay and Paypal linked or not? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-03-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Is my ebay and Paypal linked or not?

I cannot for the life of me see whether my paypal is linked to ebay. I looked under every option. But here is the thing. I do not sell more than 5 items a day, so my ebay is under and individual account NOT a seller account. I still can recieve payments at the end of auction through paypal automatically without sending the customers an invoice. And in paypal when I print a label it gives me a "return to ebay" button which takes me right back to my ebay screen. BUT, off and on when I mark payments as recieved in ebay (for someone sending a money order, I then click "print shipping label" in ebay and it takes me to paypal to login and then will say "The buyers info could not automatically be prefilled because your paypal and ebay accounts have not been linked". I have never gone into ebay and purposely tried to link them (that I can remember). Anyway, its confusing to me, can you still do what I currently do with my auctions (taking automatic paypal payments and have paypal preferred listed in my auctions) but at the same time not be linked between accounts? Remember this is not a seller account, just an individual!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Paypal >> Profile >> Auctions (under Selling Preferences)

If you don't have any accounts listed, you're not linked.
Old 08-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

If you don't have any accounts listed, you're not linked.
Sorry to be such a pain in the @$$ with this but Im not sure if Im checking the right things: Here is my "my ebay" views on the left of the my ebay page. I clicked on "Prefrences" under "My account" which brought up what I will also paste below this:

My eBay Views
My Summary

All Buying
Watching
Bidding
Bid Assistant
Best Offers W
on (1)
Didn't Win

All Selling
Scheduled
Selling (9)
Sold (16)
Unsold (13)
Marketing Tools

Want It Now

My Messages (59)

All Favorites
Searches
Sellers
Categories

My Account
Personal Information
Addresses
Preferences
Feedback
PayPal Account
Half.com Account
Seller Account
Subscriptions

(View under "Prefrences"
Selling Preferences

Sell Your Item form and listings Show

Edit your Sell Your Item form preferences and other listing preferences.

Payment from buyers

Use checkout Yes Edit

Offer PayPal on my listings Yes

Display "PayPal Preferred" on my listings Yes

Include my items when buyers pay all their sellers at once using PayPal Yes

Allow buyers to edit payment totals Yes

Use this payment address
See Addresses under My Account.

> I do have my paypal email address listed under payment addresses in ebay, and when someone pays me by paypal through an ebay transaction it does show marked as paid with the $ sign under my items sold in ebay. BUT, when I get a person who pays by money order and I mark the item as "payment recieved" in "my ebay" and click on "print shipping label" it takes me to login at paypal, but IN paypal when I go to print the label it tells me "the buyers info could not be prefilled bc your paypal and ebay accounts are not linked". and then it tells me how to link them. Remember this account is setup as an individual account NOT a seller account, although I do sell small amount under it (like I said, usually no more than 10 items at a time).

Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Personal Information

Account Information

Account type Individual

Right there is where it shows its an "individual" account. Maybe my account will not work for someone who sells hundreds of items. Do those accounts have to be registered as a "seller account"? Maybe this is why I am having problems finding the options you guys are?
Old 08-07-2007

Longevity: 96%

What is meant by linked?
I haven't registered a new account in over a year, however I might be forced to soon. I don't recall ever entering my Paypal info when registering, but I have on occassion paid my seller fees with a PP address using the same email that I used when I registered and also entered that address in a listing so buyer could pay via PP immeadiately.
If that is the case, could you just not check the PP box but put it somewhere in your listing and then send them a separate invoice through my messages?
Old 08-07-2007

Keith,

I THINK this means you need to go to Paypal first, then the others:

Quote:
I could be mistaken, tho!