Scammed again through PP.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Scammed again through PP....

Buyer opened an INAD and escalated the case. Package was returned to one my address but didn't have the chance to see it until today... Receive the same shipping box with plastic bags, A4 paper, and a picture of hand drawn hairy p3n1s.... I know some would take the lost but I'm going to a file a police report tomorrow and see how they'll go about this... will keep you guys updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to pennslmmer For This Useful Post:
muzzie (07-22-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Scammed again through PP....

Yes a police report is a good idea in this case! Make sure you tell that that your doing that
Old 07-18-2015

Longevity: 60%

Let it go, you never know the guy might drop dead
Old 07-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts

You can call ebay/paypal and report it online while on the phone with them and receive a credit. That is if you are comfortable calling and have a good clean account etc..
Old 07-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

I know this must be infuriating and there is nothing more you want than to have instant karma back on the SOB customer of yours... but as we are posting in this forum... we really don't have a choice, do we?

I'm not having a go at this forum...i love its knowledge and its collective experience.... but the only reason we are here is because we are wanting to do something that eb/pp/az do not want us to do...even if it is not breaking any laws.

Take a breath and think logically...who is actually going to protect you and take immediate action in this case? Without much more detail, I'm going to assume that your eb/pp account is stealth... so are you really comfortable with filing a complaint? Or is it worth it to risk this stealth account (and possibly others) to get back at the buyer?

What I'd suggest is to just report the buyer to ebay electronically. It may not seem like ebay will give a rat's a$$ about what a seller thinks...but I have seen buyers with a history of this type of behavior be banned for life.

The ban hammer does work both ways.

I know this won't get you your item back...or your money... or alleviate the anger and fury you are feeling...but take solace in the fact that most likely you and I have been spared in the past from some of these a$$hole customers because some other sellers in the past had reported them and the buyer was banned before they had the opportunity to do it to you or me.
Old 07-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelchair View Post
I know this must be infuriating and there is nothing more you want than to have instant karma back on the SOB customer of yours... but as we are posting in this forum... we really don't have a choice, do we?

I'm not having a go at this forum...i love its knowledge and its collective experience.... but the only reason we are here is because we are wanting to do something that eb/pp/az do not want us to do...even if it is not breaking any laws.

Take a breath and think logically...who is actually going to protect you and take immediate action in this case? Without much more detail, I'm going to assume that your eb/pp account is stealth... so are you really comfortable with filing a complaint? Or is it worth it to risk this stealth account (and possibly others) to get back at the buyer?

What I'd suggest is to just report the buyer to ebay electronically. It may not seem like ebay will give a rat's a$$ about what a seller thinks...but I have seen buyers with a history of this type of behavior be banned for life.

The ban hammer does work both ways.

I know this won't get you your item back...or your money... or alleviate the anger and fury you are feeling...but take solace in the fact that most likely you and I have been spared in the past from some of these a$$hole customers because some other sellers in the past had reported them and the buyer was banned before they had the opportunity to do it to you or me.
The more you talk the more i want to send you a special package
The Following User Says Thank You to xxrange For This Useful Post:
yotano211 (07-19-2015)
Old 07-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

wheelchair,
Ebay has extremely strict policies about this sort of stuff. You simply have to log into a government website, file a formal complaint and when ebay/paypal confirms it was filed you get a credit and when you check on that users ID it is "no longer registered"

Or you can do absolutely nothing and be taken advantage of. The choice is yours.
Old 07-18-2015

Longevity: 68%

So everyone who has a complaint against them has :no longer registered" next to their name?
Old 07-18-2015

Longevity: 73%

Police report is a huge waste of time. They will wipe their ass with the report...
The Following User Says Thank You to last3379 For This Useful Post:
danshan (07-22-2015)
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
So everyone who has a complaint against them has :no longer registered" next to their name?
That is not what I said at all.

Have you every filed a fraud report using ebays system with an ebay rep?

Ebay does not take these things lightly IF you have proof and are willing to use ebays services to combat against these things. Of course you have to have a situation with a lot of proof such as this one and you have to spend some time on the phone with ebay, log into a website they supply and file a formal fraud report etc...
Old 07-19-2015

Longevity: 68%

I was only asking man, chill out. lol.

I got to ask though, filing these reports with FTC, Ebay or whatever, what do they actually do? I mean for a "large" amount, maybe, but say it's like $500 or less, like most people seem to get scammed for.
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
I was only asking man, chill out. lol.

I got to ask though, filing these reports with FTC, Ebay or whatever, what do they actually do? I mean for a "large" amount, maybe, but say it's like $500 or less, like most people seem to get scammed for.
I would not waste time of cheap items but when someone buys a $300-$1000+ item and returns an empty box or a post card, or has rude messages or they completely destroyed the item, I have no problem at all calling ebay, getting ahold of the right people and filing a formal complaint fraud report to 1.) get my funds back and 2.) hopefully deter the fraudster from doing it again.

Does anything happen the the perp? I have no idea but I do know that so far ebay seems to delete there accounts. Is it because they have a reputation of high returns? Most likely. Is it because they are usually also abusive? I would assume this is a factor as well.

Would I do it on a fresh stealth account? Im not sure but odds are I would not be selling $300+ items on them these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (07-22-2015)
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennslmmer View Post
I'm going to a file a police report tomorrow
The drawing was that bad? I'd be offended as well, if someone sent me half arsed drawing. At least put some effort in it.
Old 07-19-2015

Basically every punk on ebay gets whats for, after i was had by someone on ebay leaving me with 2 papypal cases. The person was recently removed as stated before all i did was tell ebay and paypal i dint do it. Time caught up with him and that person was kicked. Don't take this stuff to serious most people are just to stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxrange For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-19-2015)
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I dont know what everyone is talking about but a police report does help. The police wont do crap about it but you can send paypal the police report and most times they will refund the money back to you. Ebay/paypal just wants to see something filed with the proper authorities.

I have done it 3 times in my selling history. I got my money back within 3 business days of faxing the report over to ebey or paypal. I filed one for a $35 item once. It took me about 25 min to do everything. I just see it was making about $75/hour. I dont know what happened to the buyer, I dont care if they stay or get banned. I got my money back so I'm happy.

I'm sorry but I fight for every dollar I make.
Old 07-22-2015
Threadstarter  

So here is the outcome guys... I filed for a police report but have to wait around 8 days to get a copy, so I was not able to provide the document yet. However, I provided a photo of the returned package, a complaint form with ic3.gov, and a complaint form with the local PD. I assumed that they would wait another 8 days for me to upload the police report but today, they have issued a refund of $275 back to my account.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pennslmmer For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (07-22-2015), wendychen2000us (07-23-2015), yotano211 (07-23-2015)
Old 07-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You got the refund? That is a decent outcome
Old 07-22-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

Whoa great thread.

Did not know by filing a report you get your funds back so quickly.

Is this stealth? I imagine if its a police report and they ship it back in a stealth name the police will match your id with the package and it won't work? Am I missing something?
Old 07-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes stealth. The stealth last name is also my real last name . However, I blurred out the first name and phone number on the police complaint form before sending it in. The address must be the same returning address on the label. I guess I could've actually filed a police report with just my stealth infos because they didn't check my I.D or anything.
Old 07-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennslmmer View Post
Yes stealth. The stealth last name is also my real last name . However, I blurred out the first name and phone number on the police complaint form before sending it in. The address must be the same returning address on the label. I guess I could've actually filed a police report with just my stealth infos because they didn't check my I.D or anything.
In my area you fill out a prepaid self addressed envelope but I found that calling ebay was faster and I did not have to go to the police station, etc..
Old 07-22-2015

Longevity: 58%

Sorry about your scam OP. Im sorry but I laughed out loud when you said he sent you a drawing of a hairy PEN15. That's just wrong. The fact that this person took the time to do that shows you what kind of person he is. Im now also afraid to sell on eBay I've sold three iPhone 6 two of them normal ones and one a plus. Two out of three phones the buyer's filed an unauthorized dispute. The first time I hadn't shipped the phone out yet and the person did it literally hours after the bidding ended. The second time was the last one i sold last month, I shipped phone after payment, everything was great, four days after payment cleared person filed unauthorized payment. Luckily I use eBay to purchase the shipping label and everything was documented that phone had arrived . They immediately removed the limitation on the funds.

But it now concerns me to list anything for sale that's over $500, Someone can easily file a dispute for anything! I dont think ill be selling anything that expensive again. I feel one more dispute and that will be the end of my account , its not worth losing over that. Its under my LLC and Tax ID and i don't want to ruin it. Ill just stick with items of less value.
Old 07-22-2015

Longevity: 53%

Well, I had the same. Got a McDonald's flyers in the box that was sent back. You may try to open a case, show them the p3n1s image, maybe that will work. At least you should try.