Second MC019 in two days, This ones more personal - Ideas - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Second MC019 in two days, This ones more personal - Ideas

So on one of my accounts that I have been building up received its first Vero MC019 yesterday. I didnt think much of it. I just redesigned some images and relisted some items. They were selling fast!

So I get home tonight and check my email to see a second MC019 violation. This time its more personal than just a generic message. This is what I received:

================================================== =======

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

The rights owner reported the following information:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX requested the removal of your listing(s) because the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX appeared to be counterfeit. Selling counterfeit goods can subject you to serious civil and criminal liability, as well as termination of your eBay selling privileges. Please contact me to discuss how we may resolve this matter.
FirstName LastName
Trademark Counsel, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
FirstNameLastName@XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com
(555) 555-5555

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

The sale of counterfeits and unauthorized replicas of branded products is unlawful and not permitted on eBay.

So on top of the generic message, I get an added touch to it. What do you think I should do? If I stop listing that item on that specific account do you think itll be ok? Oddly enough, My other accounts listing the exact same thing have been going solid for days now with no hits at all!

And another thing, this time I havent been required to take any Vero tests in order to sell again. Not sure why

Last edited by Burst; 12-11-2008 at 04:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2008

Longevity: 89%

In my experience, if you stop listing the item after the first warning it's fine.
If you want to relist it on that account then get in touch with the vero to prove the item is legit (thats if it is legit ofcourse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
So on one of my accounts that I have been building up received its first Vero MC019 yesterday. I didnt think much of it. I just redesigned some images and relisted some items. They were selling fast!

So I get home tonight and check my email to see a second MC019 violation. This time its more personal than just a generic message. This is what I received:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

The rights owner, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

The rights owner reported the following information:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX requested the removal of your listing(s) because the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX appeared to be counterfeit. Selling counterfeit goods can subject you to serious civil and criminal liability, as well as termination of your eBay selling privileges. Please contact me to discuss how we may resolve this matter.
FirstName LastName
(555) 555-5555

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

The sale of counterfeits and unauthorized replicas of branded products is unlawful and not permitted on eBay.

So on top of the generic message, I get an added touch to it. What do you think I should do? If I stop listing that item on that specific account do you think itll be ok?
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I spoke too soon. My other account got its first automated MC019 violation.

The account I was first talking about though, it was its second violation. Notice the bolded message. Any ideas? Im hoping by just not listing that item anymore on that account Ill be able to spare the account some.
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

You have been tagged by the real true property owner.
The part that says:
(555) 555-5555

Is the company lawyer looking for you to call them and give them all your information so they can take you to court.
By NO means call them. If your account is all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information you will be fine.
Did you recently sell a item to a guy in LA?
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...la-beware.html

You need to let that account rest until next summer.
ALSO
You might want to re-think your brand. Some VERO owners are more hard core than others.
I would really love to know what brand you are selling so I can avoid it.
Please PM me.
Old 12-11-2008

I've been wondering....eBay has that list of companies that are included in their Vero group (Gucci America, Abercombie, etc). If someone sold high-end items that however are not on the vero list, then would there be a better chance of not getting veroed? Would ebay probably have another excuse for taking you down? I don't see why they'd care as they're making money from fees and if the item isn't one from companies included in vero then shouldn't it be all set?

eBay: VeRO
vero teams.
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Its not a lawyer, its an employee from their company. They didnt give an address but its not LA. I didnt even want to call and let them know Im aware of whats happening. Since the account didnt require a vero tutorial before relisting I can just say I didnt know what happened and just put them up again.

Its under a friend of mines name. Id rather not get anyone in trouble so Ill keep that account low. Has anyone else had any messages like that before?
Old 12-11-2008

What HWGA said...what brand was it?
Closed Thread