Oh no, not me! I finally got an account suspended. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-10-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Exclamation Oh no, not me! I finally got an account suspended.

So this afternoon I got word from ebay that my account was suspended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
FPA NOTICE B001: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - Abusing eBay - %s

Dear %s (%s),

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, after reviewing your appeal, we're confident that this activity poses no risk to the Community, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

eBay: Redirect

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My PayPal was limited too right after. The craziest thing though is they are investigating every payment I've sent from that account. Has anyone had this happen? What will they do with those payments?

Some insight on this would be great as I've NEVER had this happen before.

Thanks,

-HeG :(

P.S. - I love how my name is somehow "%s" lol. Seems there automated email program didn't pull my name in correctly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

eBay uses the "Abusing eBay" as a catch all excuse.
They use this when the system flags have gone up and they can't find a valid reason to NARU you.

If it was a new account then it sounds like you were listing to many items to quickly.
If it was a older account (a month or 2) then who really knows....
Maybe you went from listing non-VERO items to listing VERO items?
It really depends on the number of items you were attempting to list and what they were.
I do know for a fact that some VERO items are hotter than other VERO items.

As for the PP Limitation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottest_eBay_Goddess View Post
My PayPal was limited too right after. The craziest thing though is they are investigating every payment I've sent from that account. Has anyone had this happen? What will they do with those payments?
I am guessing that they are attempting to see if you are moving money between that Paypal account and other Paypal accounts that you may own.
If you move money from 1 PP account into another PP account multiple times that raises system flags also.
I have been limited a few times.
Are you full limited? (No money in or out)
Or the good 1/2 limited? (no money in but money out)
Or the bad 1/2 limited? (Money in but no money out)

As for your payment that paypal is "investigating".....
I have no idea... New one in terminology to me
Old 12-10-2008

I can say that I did have one similar thing happen recently in terms of the payment investigation element of your dilemma...

I have had numerous ebay suspensions and paypal limitations in the past but hadn't had them investigate payments I had made (outgoing) until a few weeks ago on one of my PP accounts which I am still working at getting restored.

They investigated 2 of the most recent - payments I had made one for around 75 and another in the hundreds.... after a few days (I am not sure exactly how many as I moved onto other accounts for a couple weeks) but checking back they had actually reversed those 2 investigated payments... something I have never encountered either. I feel bad that the people I had payed were then out the money I guess (I am trying to look into it with them right now to resolve) but I had always thought once a payment was made that it couldn't be reversed like that. It was long enough after that the larger one had already sent out a whole bunch of drop-shipments from the money I had paid in that transaction.
Old 12-10-2008
Threadstarter  

I'm not so much worried about the eBay account as the money I've sent to my suppliers, etc. I just don't want to have any problems with them because, well...they are my suppliers! lol

The account has been around for a few months. I was doing a decent amount of sells recently, but would actually be surprised if that was the reason it went down. I started with an auction, skipped a day, listed another, and did that for about a week and then went to 2 items per day. No VERO items, nice items that don't ever raise VERO flags.

The money I sent in PayPal was for various products, I did send some money to a relative but they do not live in the same state or have the same name, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? What should they tell PayPal about the transaction?

I'll check my PP account to see what kind of limitation it is and post it later.

Thanks HWGA!

-HeG
Old 12-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chostin View Post
after a few days (I am not sure exactly how many as I moved onto other accounts for a couple weeks) but checking back they had actually reversed those 2 investigated payments...
Oh shoot! That is not what I wanted to hear! Hopefully they will let the people keep their money on mine! Did the sellers respond to PayPals inquiries? Maybe they didn't and that is why it was reversed... hopefully. :(

-HeG
Old 12-10-2008

I don't think they did respond which may have been why. Both of the recipients were fairly large companies, one of them a supplier in Asia. I tried contacting them to notify of the situation but they misunderstood what I was asking about... they still haven't bugged me about the payment but I want to clear it up with them obviously asap.

Hope your situation with that goes better.

If you can update here to let us know.
Old 12-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Err...I really hope this goes well. The disputees are responding now. We will see how this goes.

-HeG
Old 12-11-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

It's funny, sometimes I have account suspended in a day for no reason at all, and other times when I purposely try to get an account suspend it takes months.
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

HeG, Have you looked at the account & its history to see if there is anything ? What about your IPs? Any chance they caused a problem? Bad News that.