Ebay identity cant be verified - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Ebay identity cant be verified

Hello.
So I've opened my first stealth eBay. And I have 0 and 0 limits. So I called eBay first time and they told me to link my PayPal so I did, but that didn't work. So I called again and the agent started asking me my previous residence addresses, so I bs him and he said my identity can't be verified. Am I doing something wrong?😦
Is it normal for them to ask for your previous address? Or did I mess up by not linking my PayPal before I called and that raised a red flag?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Ebay identity cant be verified

This is normal. They are attempting to verify your stealth information, which won't ever verify because it's likely falsified information. They ask for your previous address because they may think that is the problem with the information not being confirmed, so they attempt to do a match on your previous address and other information you've provided. They may assume the information in their system just hasn't been updated to the 'new' address that you originally gave.

Doesn't matter, they'll attempt to match and it won't ever work. They will likely give you a smaller limitation, based on selling category.
The Following User Says Thank You to doL For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-25-2015)
Old 07-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doL View Post
This is normal. They are attempting to verify your stealth information, which won't ever verify because it's likely falsified information. They ask for your previous address because they may think that is the problem with the information not being confirmed, so they attempt to do a match on your previous address and other information you've provided. They may assume the information in their system just hasn't been updated to the 'new' address that you originally gave.

Doesn't matter, they'll attempt to match and it won't ever work. They will likely give you a smaller limitation, based on selling category.

I have limit of 0. I can't list anything. Should I just forget about this account or they might lift the limits later on?
Old 07-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haist82 View Post
I have limit of 0. I can't list anything. Should I just forget about this account or they might lift the limits later on?
Call again and see if you can get any limits with a different rep. You may have sounded nervous and did not have any excuse or reason as why you cant be found. You can learn a lot from this practice even if you dont get the resluts you are looking for.
also make more accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-25-2015)
Old 07-23-2015

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to Smoothness

say you only plan to sell stuff around your house like old furniture or old clothes. tell them you just got divorced and you just wanted to get rid of everything.

or tell them you are some kind of paranoid hermit who lives off grid who recently moved to the city and want to get rid of stuff you hoarded (tell them its clean and in tuberware)
Old 07-23-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Here's exactly what you say.

You just recently moved apartments and have been moving a lot as of recent. You can make up a backstory if you want but the key is, you have had at least 2 address changes in the last 6 months.

The database eBay uses usually updates after you have lived at a residence for 4-6 months. Almost 99% will fall for it if you use this method correctly. Some will still say you should be in the system regardless of your moves BUT another thing to keep in mind is .....your young.

If you follow that and sound completely confident in your responses they will fall for it. Its completely logical BUT you must make them think they'd be silly not to let you get even the minimum limits.

I used this method during last holiday season when security is increased ten fold and it worked like a charm.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (07-28-2015)
Old 07-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Here's exactly what you say.

You just recently moved apartments and have been moving a lot as of recent. You can make up a backstory if you want but the key is, you have had at least 2 address changes in the last 6 months.

The database eBay uses usually updates after you have lived at a residence for 4-6 months. Almost 99% will fall for it if you use this method correctly. Some will still say you should be in the system regardless of your moves BUT another thing to keep in mind is .....your young.

If you follow that and sound completely confident in your responses they will fall for it. Its completely logical BUT you must make them think they'd be silly not to let you get even the minimum limits.

I used this method during last holiday season when security is increased ten fold and it worked like a charm.
I'll give it a shot. but wouldnt they have notes already on the addresses I told them and everything?
Old 07-23-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

solefoodbk is completely correct! ebay goes by a 6 month process so saying your moving around alot is key! Also make sure you say your young! Ive even had a rep ask for my birthday once and i made myself 20 yrs old and she even said "we cant verify you but it might be because of your age." Id say call back again and start over fresh with a new rep!
Old 07-23-2015
Threadstarter  

I tried to call again and he told me go to request higher selling limits and instead of calling go to established account and put in my info in there, which did not make any sense to me coz account I just made is not an established account??? I think he was messing with me!
Old 07-23-2015
Banned

Longevity: 58%

You will get a different story almost every time you call. The ebay reps can be very confusing and very confused themselves.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Hello.
So I've opened my first stealth eBay. And I have 0 and 0 limits. So I called eBay first time and they told me to link my PayPal so I did, but that didn't work. So I called again and the agent started asking me my previous residence addresses, so I bs him and he said my identity can't be verified. Am I doing something wrong?😦
Is it normal for them to ask for your previous address? Or did I mess up by not linking my PayPal before I called and that raised a red flag?
It's normal and as many have said, just keep calling until you get a sympathetic rep who gives you a limit increase.
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

It worked people☺
3rd rep was a charm and she gave me 25/1250 . its a start! Thank you everyone. Now I need to open 4 more and I'll be good ☺
The Following User Says Thank You to haist82 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-29-2015)
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Getting the right rep is key.
Another story you can use if this happens again - youre an exchange student in the US for a few years hence no address history.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I agree with Slokor. Some eBay reps will NEVER give you a limit increase. But if you call back a couple of times, usually you will run into a rep who WILL help you. You won't get 1,000/$25,000 or anything, but you can usually get a 10-50 item limit.
Old 07-25-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I agree with Slokor. Some eBay reps will NEVER give you a limit increase. But if you call back a couple of times, usually you will run into a rep who WILL help you. You won't get 1,000/$25,000 or anything, but you can usually get a 10-50 item limit.
Exactly.

The trap is thinking what one rep says is "final".

Even if they add notes it really doesn't matter, just don't mention you already called and 9/10 you'll be fine. It really just comes down to the rep like everyone said.

But keep in mind (i hope you did this)......

You must write down ANYTHING they ask you that isn't already in your personal information to revise. Meaning if they ask your DOB you can't go into eBay and "change" it. So if you give them a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB which you would have if they asked, and you call in for something, anything down the line....

If they ask you your DOB and you can't "remember" or you get caught off guard,

Always write down ANYTHING a rep asks that you might forget. These types of notes DO stay on the account FOREVER. Trust me....
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
You must write down ANYTHING they ask you that isn't already in your personal information to revise. Meaning if they ask your DOB you can't go into eBay and "change" it. So if you give them a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB which you would have if they asked, and you call in for something, anything down the line....

If they ask you your DOB and you can't "remember" or you get caught off guard,

Always write down ANYTHING a rep asks that you might forget. These types of notes DO stay on the account FOREVER. Trust me....
This was just worth repeating and emphasizing. Take notes. I've lost a couple of accounts when I first started calling eBay BY NOT REMEMBERING WHAT I SAID TO THE PREVIOUS REP!
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Well that didn't live long account been shut down.... I will keep trying tho.☺
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well that didn't live long account been shut down.... I will keep trying tho.☺
Call and ask why?
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.
That's a generic email suspended users get 90% of the time.

Like I said, call them and ask why. I get these generic suspensions overturned all the time. It's easy.
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

ok i will try to call in )
I needed your motivation tho haha
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ok i will try to call in )
I needed your motivation tho haha
It's no problem. Most likely they will say "Your ID can't be verified, you need to fax in a license". Say ok, then hang up. Verify your PayPal (bank account, credit card, etc) then call again and say the LAST rep told you you needed to verify it so eBay could "Verify" your identity. Keep insisting this is what the last rep said, until they check and un- suspend your account.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
last3379 (07-28-2015)