not paying seller fee if acct get suspended? since it's all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, will it work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-05-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Cool not paying seller fee if acct get suspended? since it's all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, will it work?

hey guys

Just had a thought, since we use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address, disaposible phone # from aol or other internet phone/voice mail service. not using paypal as payment method, and giftcard. so if my account get suspended again and I don't feel like paying them, will it track back to me? and get me into trouble? or there is no way they can find out how to bill me? since ebay wrongfully suspended me at the first place and wouldn't even want to work it out with me, sometimes I feel why pay them ? or I am just being stupid?

share your thought with me, thanks guys

Al
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2007

Longevity: 99%

I never paid them on 5 suspended accounts so far
Nothing happened.

Andreas
Old 08-06-2007

Speaking of...where IS Modee?
Old 08-06-2007

Never fails, mention someone in a forum and magically they appear. Must be some kind of mind link. :P
Old 08-06-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Unless eBay has your real name and address, or credit card or banking information, they can't do anything.

Sucks to eBay.
Old 08-06-2007

Longevity: 98%

Although, I think you said its safe to pay ebay fees via one time paypal payment if the email address is different to that on the suspended ebay account, I am not so sure. When you pay the fees, ebay sends an email to say its accepted the payment but its addressed not to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on the ebay account but to the person on the paypal account so if its your account you could be connected. That might not be fatal because there maybe others with your name and they might allow for members using friends accounts to pay fees. But if you give ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and ebay pass this onto the VERO member when the VERO member cant find you how likely is it for them to think of looking at who paid the fees? Your real name is not just in the paypal system but the ebay system too. Its just a matter of them checking: of being saavy and motivated. Any ideas other than avoid paypal?

Just checked the header details and although the address is from Ebay, the path seems to indicate the original sender was paypal being forwarded through ebay. So probably there is nothing to worry about unless someone can tell me different
Old 08-20-2007

I have a question about this, and I apologize if it's been answered elsewhere.
Every time I get suspended, I create a new Ebay account using a pp card.
I have used the same Paypal account, to receive payments from all the Ebay accounts, obviously changing email addresses, and having only the one email addy as the primary.
I haven't paid any seller fees for about 3 suspended accounts, and am wondering if there was any way for Ebay to attemt to collect a Paypal payment, by using association ?
Basically, even though I remove the Ebay accounts email addy from Paypal upon suspension, can they link the suspended accounts (and non payment of fees) through records they may hold?
Old 08-20-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt66 View Post
I have a question about this, and I apologize if it's been answered elsewhere.
Every time I get suspended, I create a new Ebay account using a pp card.
I have used the same Paypal account, to receive payments from all the Ebay accounts, obviously changing email addresses, and having only the one email addy as the primary.
I haven't paid any seller fees for about 3 suspended accounts, and am wondering if there was any way for Ebay to attemt to collect a Paypal payment, by using association ?
Basically, even though I remove the Ebay accounts email addy from Paypal upon suspension, can they link the suspended accounts (and non payment of fees) through records they may hold?
pp card?
Do you mean pre-paid card? just haven't heard it referred to as pp card before.

As for your original question I would be very interested in learning more.
I recently had an EB account suspended due to being associated to one banned a year ago.
At the time I had a seperate email for each and both of those were registered at PP. After the EB account got banned last year I kept using my PP account (not with the banned address) with no problems.
When my second account recently got hit I panicked and withdrew almost $700 leaving only $50 in the account. No problem. I removed the address from the first banned account, no problem.

I now have a new EB account set up, but haven't bought or sold yet. Based on your experience it seems like I should be able to add the new email that I just used to create my EB account to my PP without any difficulties from PP or EB as long as all transactions for the newly-created EB account run through the new (non-banned) email.

If this sounds like what you had been doing and it worked, please let me know.
I'm not looking at not paying EB, heck they suspended me for non-payment and then immeadiately suspended me upon me paying for being associated with the old account leading me to believe that I accidentially logged in with the email of the suspended account.

Something to keep in mind...
If you have multiple accounts at EB and each has email registered at PP and if an EB account gets hit, remove that email from PP so you don't accidentially use the banned email to log in to make a payment to EB or use it as an option for one of your auctions.
Old 08-21-2007

Yes a pp card is a pre-paid.
Basically, the order I do things are as follows.
1) Have a general email addy that you use for nothing in particular. A Gmail addy is good.
2) As soon as you're suspended from Ebay, change the Paypal email to your general one and make it the primary. I should note that you should only have 1 email addy on Paypal at any time.
3) When you set up a new Ebay account, you will have a new email addy to go with it. Change the Paypal email to this one and make it primary.

I use Gmail as my email addresses, as you can close the account down at any time, and I think that if you do this and mail would be returned to sender, as the account would no longer exist. Whan I get suspended, I leave the Gmail account open for around 2 weeks, in case a buyer needs to ask a question.
By closing down the Gmail for the suspended account, I would never see any invoices from Ebay, and I always use false details to register.

The only thing I don't know is with regards to the bank account on Paypal.
My initial question was, could Ebay just take funds from your bank, if they put 2+2 together and check on your history of email changes?
Could Ebay link your Paypal email history with your suspended accounts, and associated fees, and simply take the money?

I always withdraw straight away to a savings account, which then immediately gets transferred into a main account, leaving a zero balance.
That way, if Ebay want to try and take any money there will be nothing in the account for them to take.
The other thing to note is that, through investigation, My real details could always be found out via my real details on Paypal, so I'm aware it's a bit of a risky game I'm playing.
Old 08-21-2007

Longevity: 96%

Even though they are owned by the same company, I don't think that it is entirely legal for Paypal to divulge you private, especially banking information to anyone including EB. If PP was ever totally absorbed into something like EB ckeckout (like Google Checkout) that might be another story.
I know I might be living in a dream world thinking that they wouldn't violate privacy or ethics laws.
Unless you leave them with a huge balance I can't believe that they would put too much effort into it.
I found this site to simply get back on ebay and supplement my income with $1000 or so a month. I'm more than willing to pay my seller fees to do that (if ebay would only let me).
But the more I hear about EB and their arbitrary suspensions the more I am thinking about
"stickin' it to the man"
Old 08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasF View Post
I never paid them on 5 suspended accounts so far
Nothing happened.

Andreas
if ebay can ban you for no damn reason we can not pay them for no damn reason...I did it already they banned my super star account rapunzel_01 I sold nearly 20k of itmes in 6 months made them great money and my last bill was for 660 bucks I couldnt get back on so I fck them.:D
The Following User Says Thank You to rapunzel_01 For This Useful Post:
mallshop (11-21-2011)