PNC Smart Access Prepaid Visa - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default PNC Smart Access Prepaid Visa

I can't find any info on this card. I want to use it for my Amazon disbursement. Its PNC bank smart access prepaid visa, it's issued through PNC it has a routing #. Is it just hit and miss with these type of cards? The lady at the bank said it same as a checking as far as what companies can see when making direct deposits, it shows as a deposit to PNC bank. Apparently I'm in the chexsystem so they wouldn't open up a regular checking for me, even though I have a Huntington checking account for my original account.

Anyone have experience with this card? Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: PNC Smart Access Prepaid Visa

Long term, it would be best to get an account with Chase/BOA, or the other approved large banks who do not care about bank account mismatch.

Since you're saying you're "in the chexsystem," your main issue is just like a bad credit report - pay off whatever unpaid balances you had with the banks that don't like you. Then, with a proof of payment letter, you can often get accounts at the big banks that wouldn't otherwise accept you. They will probably disable any overdraft etc and might have a monthly fee, but it's definitely worth it to fix this now.

Chase has a Premier Platinum Checking where you can get 9 checking accounts for $25 a month, and they could care less what the deposit names are. You can close accounts and reopen more if you lose accounts, so you can have 9 at any given point. BOA is the same, with 8 I believe. So there's 17 running accounts instead of playing games with single checking accounts here and there. Again, fixing your chexsystem stuff should be a priority so you can take advantage of this type of convenience.

EDIT: To directly address what you are asking, if your account allows "ACH" transactions, they will accept deposits from Amazon. HOWEVER, I'm not familiar with PNC's policy on name mismatching - so that could be a deal breaker... especially if they're already keeping such a close eye on your account. Furthermore, if you have to start over with a new Amazon account, you're screwed as far as banks go - you really would do better to have a long term solution like an actual checking/savings account (they both work fine).
The Following User Says Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
mkmk (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015
Threadstarter  

mshamazon Thanks for the info.

I'm going to call tomorrow to see what exactly the issue is. I had a pnc account 10 years ago and I think it's something minor like over draft fee, cant be more then $50 but couldnt pay on the spot cause they said they don't have the info right there . I didn't think something from that long ago would effect me know, especially since I opened a Huntington account with out a issue 6-7 years ago thats still active.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-28-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmk View Post
mshamazon Thanks for the info.

I'm going to call tomorrow to see what exactly the issue is. I had a pnc account 10 years ago and I think it's something minor like over draft fee, cant be more then $50 but couldnt pay on the spot cause they said they don't have the info right there . I didn't think something from that long ago would effect me know, especially since I opened a Huntington account with out a issue 6-7 years ago thats still active.

Thanks for the advice.
If you really only had an overdraft 10 years ago and are in ChexSystems, you might have a problem (potentially identify theft). ChexSystems removes negative records after just 5 years. You definitely should look into your records and figure out specifically what is wrong because you shouldn't be in the system for a $50 overdraft 10 years ago.

Then again, PNC can keep their OWN records for as long as they feel like it - so if you're saying you haven't tried any other banks except them... try another bank - your old overdraft is definitely not in ChexSystems if it's really from 10 years ago.
mkmk (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015
Threadstarter  

They gave me a number to call so I will call tomorrow. When I got home from the bank today I checked my credit report and nothing out of the ordinary, I have two things I owe on total of $1500.00 in my credit report which I knew. They said chexsystem so I don't think me owing on a old cell phone and a old credit card would effect me, both are from 6-7 years ago. I'm thinking it's a PNC thing. I've only had two bank accounts in my life and one is still in good standing with money in it. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
They gave me a number to call so I will call tomorrow. When I got home from the bank today I checked my credit report and nothing out of the ordinary, I have two things I owe on total of $1500.00 in my credit report which I knew. They said chexsystem so I don't think me owing on a old cell phone and a old credit card would effect me, both are from 6-7 years ago. I'm thinking it's a PNC thing. I've only had two bank accounts in my life and one is still in good standing with money in it. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks
Ahhh yea it's probably just a PNC thing. I do not believe that banks use credit history to approve bank accounts (at least not for something that small). Just go open up an account with Chase, Wells Fargo, and/or BOA (whatever is most convenient in your area, although they all allow for mobile check deposit so I never visit banks in person anymore).
mkmk (07-31-2015)
Old 07-29-2015

Send a message via Skype™ to Smoothness

where do u get this pnc card
Old 07-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothness View Post
where do u get this pnc card
I got it from the actual bank, you can apply on line. I believe anyone can get it. When they wouldn't give me the checking they said we can give you this card that accepts direct deposits. I added it to my account a few days ago and am suppose to get a disburstment tomorrow. So I'll wait and see.
Old 12-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I got it from the actual bank, you can apply on line. I believe anyone can get it. When they wouldn't give me the checking they said we can give you this card that accepts direct deposits. I added it to my account a few days ago and am suppose to get a disburstment tomorrow. So I'll wait and see.
Card Works fine for Amazon