I'M PISSED and CONFUSED... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default I'M PISSED and CONFUSED...

Now get this....Ebay just RESTRICTED one of my best accounts. This account is damn near 10 years old with thousands of sales and feedback rating of 99.4%. TOP RATED SELLER. What makes matters worse is they raised my limits two weeks ago to 7500 items/$225,000. I get an email stating that there's a concern about the GIFT CARDS and Used Video Games I've been selling. They want documentation but I don't have it. I buy from friends, relatives, people on Craigslist, house trades, etc, etc.... Since I can't provide documentation AM I SCREWED here.... also, they want a front and back copy of Drivers License. What should I do here?? Please help....I'm sick....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: I'M PISSED and CONFUSED...

You cant supply the drivers license?

Did you tell them where you got the gift cards?
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Yes I can supply the I.D. but is that a wise thing to do with a STEALTH ACCOUNT.... and I sent them an email explaining how I get the merchandise. I was told it's gonna 72 hours just to get a response.... Ridiculous...
Old 07-30-2015

Longevity: 55%

I'd go out and buy some older video games from thrift stores (even if they aren't too popular/can't resell) and send them the receipts from those purchases and maybe that'll work.

If the account is 10+ years old I assume it's your personal account so driver's license should be simple
Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGETER10 View Post
Yes I can supply the I.D. but is that a wise thing to do with a STEALTH ACCOUNT.... and I sent them an email explaining how I get the merchandise. I was told it's gonna 72 hours just to get a response.... Ridiculous...
Im lost.
Do you have a matching drivers license or no?
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I purchased the account from someone about two years ago..... that's good a idea but the date of the receipt won't match the selling date....
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Im lost.
Do you have a matching drivers license or no?
Yes I have a driver license....the name matches not the address......but is it wise to do that??
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
I'd go out and buy some older video games from thrift stores (even if they aren't too popular/can't resell) and send them the receipts from those purchases and maybe that'll work.

If the account is 10+ years old I assume it's your personal account so driver's license should be simple

I purchased the account from someone about two years ago..... that's good a idea but the date of the receipt won't match the selling date....
Old 07-30-2015

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Honestly I can't see how eBay is wrong for this.

Anyone can say anything in regards to how they "get there merchandise". If its such an important account I assume you have an EIN connected to your paypal?
Do you not pay your taxes???

Obviously it sucks getting suspended I'm not saying they are right but selling gift cards isn't the best long term practice and video games can easily be counterfeited. Hopefully you knew that since its a long term stealth account. You can't fault anybody but yourself for not being proactive in this situation. If you sell high risk items you have to deal with the consequences...

I don't mean that in a harsh way but if you don't accept any responsibility for the suspension and overturning it then it WILL happen again.

You should ALWAYS keep track of what you get. There is no excuse for not doing so. If you want to get the money as a business you have to act like one. At least that's how I feel and I'm sure thats how eBay sees it pertaining to your account. Every normal business can easily supply some type of documentation on how they get their product and if they dont ......what does that scream?

Your doing something wrong.

Fill in the blank on what that is...

Last edited by solefoodbk; 07-30-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Honestly I can't see how eBay is wrong for this.

Anyone can say anything in regards to how they "get there merchandise". If its such an important account I assume you have an EIN connected to your paypal?
Do you not pay your taxes???

Obviously it sucks getting suspended I'm not saying they are right but selling gift cards isn't the best long term practice and video games can easily be counterfeited. Hopefully you knew that since its a long term stealth account. You can't fault anybody but yourself for not being proactive in this situation. If you sell high risk items you have to deal with the consequences...

I don't mean that in a harsh way but if you don't accept any responsibility for the suspension and overturning it then it WILL happen again.

You should ALWAYS keep track of what you get. There is no excuse for not doing so. If you want to get the money as a business you have to act like one. At least that's how I feel and I'm sure thats how eBay sees it pertaining to your account. Every normal business can easily supply some type of documentation on how they get their product and if they dont ......what does that scream?

Your doing something wrong.

Fill in the blank on what that is...
I HEAR YA.....
Old 07-30-2015

Quote:
I HEAR YA.....
Goodluck.

You know you can make a recite stating what you get in the future and just have both parties sign for it.

I'm hardcore when it comes to keeping track of all my purchases for this exact reason.
Old 07-30-2015

How much money did you drive monthly?

This could be why you triggered the limitation..
Old 07-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
How much money did you drive monthly?

This could be why you triggered the limitation..
over 20k a month is sales...... I just thought about something.... I closed the PAYPAL account that was linked to it today......I was planning on connecting it to new account....You think that might of Triggered it?? don't blast me if that's a dumb question...
Old 07-30-2015

Quote:
over 20k a month is sales...... I just thought about something.... I closed the PAYPAL account that was linked to it today......I was planning on connecting it to new account....You think that might of Triggered it?? don't blast me if that's a dumb question...
Yes.

You have to always have a paypal account linked.

But the fact you did 20k monthly is amazing. If that is really true....you need to start making up some type of recites because if the IRS knock on your door your really f***ed.

How long did you actually sell 20k monthly for?

The thing is sometimes accounts can do crazy things but once you make a mistake like removing a paypal account it can trigger a review of your account and because you sold 20K monthly that probably generated the limitation you got.

Why would you close such an aged paypal account that had so many sales behind it?? That doesn't really make much sense. Because if you made a new one and started getting 20K monthly you can EXPECT a indefinite suspension from them 9/10 times.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Wow. Seriously? Thought you'd just close the account, no biggie?
Old 07-30-2015

The only time I unlinked my account I got the MC999 on an account that was doing just FINE before I did that.

It was almost graduating from 90 days and all was good but because I got that stupid MC999 it made my graduation period from that date extended another 90 days.

Now originally what happened was just "I needed to link my paypal account back etc etc" BUT 2 days later I got a another MC999 because of selling to many name brand items. Didn't have a problem after speaking with a rep about what I'm selling and how I get them but they following MC999 only happened because I opened the door for my account to get extra security scans.
Old 07-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
The only time I unlinked my account I got the MC999 on an account that was doing just FINE before I did that.

It was almost graduating from 90 days and all was good but because I got that stupid MC999 it made my graduation period from that date extended another 90 days.

Now originally what happened was just "I needed to link my paypal account back etc etc" BUT 2 days later I got a another MC999 because of selling to many name brand items. Didn't have a problem after speaking with a rep about what I'm selling and how I get them but they following MC999 only happened because I opened the door for my account to get extra security scans.
Long story short----keep your account consistent. Don't make sudden changes, or it will trigger a manual review an cause problems.

Really shouldn't need to be said, it's common sense.
Old 07-31-2015

Longevity: 50%

Something seems a bit odd all this....just sayin
Old 07-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Now get this....Ebay just RESTRICTED one of my best accounts. This account is damn near 10 years old with thousands of sales and feedback rating of 99.4%. TOP RATED SELLER. What makes matters worse is they raised my limits two weeks ago to 7500 items/$225,000. I get an email stating that there's a concern about the GIFT CARDS and Used Video Games I've been selling. They want documentation but I don't have it. I buy from friends, relatives, people on Craigslist, house trades, etc, etc.... Since I can't provide documentation AM I SCREWED here.... also, they want a front and back copy of Drivers License. What should I do here?? Please help....I'm sick....
If you have the Drivers License, then I would probably move forward. You calling them and explaining the process of how you got your items should be fine. They restricted my real account, requesting ID, utility bill, and invoices for my goods. I have had these goods in my possession for over 10 years. I did not have any invoices. After I submitted my DL and utility bill and wrote a description about why I didnt have invoices, they called me and I explained it more. My account was unrestricted in 24 hours.