Removing counterfeit competitors - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Removing counterfeit competitors

Hello,

A competing seller keeps tagging to my listing, for a product that is brand registered with amazon (I'm the only authorized seller), yet I was told I still need to test purchase their product in order to remove them from the listing. The problem is that this seller is located in china, so it would take weeks before I can receive the test purchase and report them.

Is anyone aware of a more efficient way of removing competitors on brand-registered items or otherwise?

Best,

Brian
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Removing counterfeit competitors

I recently went through this and this was their response:

"Amazon respects a manufacturer's right to institute policies and rules to manage and control the distribution of its products."

You will need to reach out to the Seller Performance Team with the following information:

To facilitate an investigation, be sure you include the following information in your complaint, as applicable:

- The ASIN/ISBN of the item's detail page and the product title
- The store or business name of the seller you are reporting
- A concise explanation of the violation
The Following User Says Thank You to doL For This Useful Post:
GhostDog (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
Hello,

A competing seller keeps tagging to my listing, for a product that is brand registered with amazon (I'm the only authorized seller), yet I was told I still need to test purchase their product in order to remove them from the listing. The problem is that this seller is located in china, so it would take weeks before I can receive the test purchase and report them.

Is anyone aware of a more efficient way of removing competitors on brand-registered items or otherwise?

Best,

Brian
You don't KNOW it's counterfeit until you look at it.

Don't behave in a shady way. Order it and wait for the item to arrive. Once you verify it's authenticity, then react.

They won't hurt your sales being from China anyways.
Old 07-29-2015

Longevity: 65%

efficient or ethical?
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (07-29-2015)
Old 07-31-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
They won't hurt your sales being from China anyways.
Oh but they are.

I had a very hot selling item, selling about 10 a day. Now I've sold about 3 in the past 7 days because I have 8-9 people from either China, France, or Australia claiming to sell the same product. It's virtually impossible seeing as I designed the product myself. The only way possible is if they purchased it from me and is reselling it for less, which would make zero sense.
Old 07-31-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doL View Post
Oh but they are.

I had a very hot selling item, selling about 10 a day. Now I've sold about 3 in the past 7 days because I have 8-9 people from either China, France, or Australia claiming to sell the same product. It's virtually impossible seeing as I designed the product myself. The only way possible is if they purchased it from me and is reselling it for less, which would make zero sense.
If your the rights holder than speak with Amazon about that, provide documentation and they will take the other items down from other sellers
Old 07-31-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
If your the rights holder than speak with Amazon about that, provide documentation and they will take the other items down from other sellers
Yeah, I'm working on submitting an investigation for these sellers.

It really sucks, because they've cut the price of my item in half. I recently purchased one just to see if and what comes in the mail. Seeing as its from China, it'll take nearly a month to get here.
Old 07-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yeah, I'm working on submitting an investigation for these sellers.

It really sucks, because they've cut the price of my item in half. I recently purchased one just to see if and what comes in the mail. Seeing as its from China, it'll take nearly a month to get here.
Ahh, I see.

If you CREATED and MANUFACTURED the product, I get how you would KNOW it's phake.

As Dmshark said, you can get they Amazon equivalent of VERO and take their listings down, even have Amazon make it a restricted product that way only "approved" sellers can list it at all.
Old 07-31-2015

Yeah, exactly, these are original creations that only I would have had access to sell.

I just need to go through the red tape and all that stuff and have amazon put restrictions on the items.
Old 07-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, these are original creations that only I would have had access to sell.

I just need to go through the red tape and all that stuff and have amazon put restrictions on the items.
It's a PITA, but once it's done, NO ONE but you will be able to list in that ASIN.

Worth it. Compared to eBays "VERO" program, where the rights owner has to complain about EVERY infringing listing...Amazon kicks butt.
Old 08-01-2015

Longevity: 67%

A simple complaint to Amazon with the sellers details will get these sellers listings removed and a counterfeit email/suspension notice sent to the seller.

Not sure how it works in the USA, but in the UK there is a 'notify us' page for counterfeits. Fill out this form, they'll ask for the ASIN, sellers, etc etc.

Amazon doesn't check if your complaint is genuine or false. Wait a few days, you'll get an email to notify you that the complaint has been dealt with and the sellers are no longer able to sell the listings. Seller will also either get a notification or suspension.
Old 08-01-2015

Longevity: 53%

DoL, in an earlier post by you, amazon customers were asking if your goods were legitimate as your copy artists original works and change the look and now you complaining that people from China are copying your copies. Fcuk me unbelievable..................
Old 08-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
DoL, in an earlier post by you, amazon customers were asking if your goods were legitimate as your copy artists original works and change the look and now you complaining that people from China are copying your copies. Fcuk me unbelievable..................
Man, you really need to hop off my d. You act like people only sell one item and one item only. They aren't copying my copies, so I advise you mind your damn business if you have no idea what you're talking about f boi.
Old 08-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
To be fair, it's possible his competitors beat him to the punch, and are trying to remove the original creator from Amazon so they can sell their phakes without consequence.
Old 08-01-2015

hah possible, but also not the case ;p

I do have products I sell that I manufacture and designed myself that have nothing to do with anyone's product. You can call me a hypocrite all you want, I don't mind that at all. I sell vero, modified prints from artists, and my personal creations, among many other things.
Old 08-01-2015

So DoL, you have a patent,copyright or trade mark for these goods. If so you will have a case, if not then your goods will be classed as generic.
Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

If they are selling counterfeits then it will be one A to Z claim from a buyer and it will all be removed. It sucks but they will be gone shortly.
Old 08-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
If they are selling counterfeits then it will be one A to Z claim from a buyer and it will all be removed. It sucks but they will be gone shortly.
If there is no patent, copyright extra how can they be classed as counterfeits?
Old 08-02-2015

You could try the "authorized distributor" bla bla bla first,... see http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...r-sellers.html

Works well for me, had one on Amazon today and one on ebay last week, both are gone. Sometimes I need to send 2 emails but eventually they are gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to notsosureaboutit For This Useful Post:
doL (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015

I've been going over this quite a bit. There are different options that I can see.

1. You can claim copyright violations on your products (of course, you'd need to have your items registered in order to provide the appropriate documentation that Amazon requires in order to make this claim).
2. You can register your brand on Amazon and set restrictions (**AMAZON LINK** https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/...ication-wizard). There are requirements, such as having a branded website, branded shipping/packaging, pictures of your physical items, etc.
3. You can send emails to each store owner, which was suggested by Amazon, and ask them to remove your items.

I went with #3 and essentially stated that if they don't remove my items from their store, I would report them within 24hrs if they didn't comply. I have seen a near 50% decrease in the amount of people selling my stuff, and it's only been about 5hrs.
Old 08-04-2015

Longevity: 60%

Why do you want to kill the little man, this may cause issues with your sales later on. Just leave him alone besides people will see its from china and want something faster.
Old 08-04-2015

Because they buyers who are actually buying from these knock off phakes Chinese guys are getting just that, crap products with my brand name on it. Then, the buyer leaves Product Feedback instead of Seller Feedback and screws over my listing feedback!

So screw the little man!